Quantcast Recent trend in room discounts?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recent trend in room discounts?

Does anyone know what the most recent years' trends have been in room discounts? I looked it up on the Info Central page, and I think 2009 was the most recent year listed. Trying to decide if we should rent DVC pts. to stay @ BCV or wait it out to take a chance on a room discount in January. Looks like those discounts aren't announced until late October... if they come out.
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Iger has gone on record at a few shareholder meetings saying he is reducing the discounting guests have come to expect.

DVC rooms are nice... Well worth the typical rental costs ($11 a point or so)...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the blue furry one. A lot of times you can rent the points and end up paying what you would pay for a value or slightly more to get a studio at one of these DVC which are a much higher quality
    I am addicted!
    9-08 Caribbean Beach Resort (Honeymoon)
    1-09 All-Star Sports
    12-09 Pop Century
    5-10 Pop Century
    3-11 All-Star Sports
    7-11 Wilderness Lodge
    3-12 Port Orleans Riverside
    5-12 Pop Century
    12-12 Saratoga Springs
    DVC Member since 2012!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't noticed much of a reduction of discount availability. There seems to always be something out there.

I would take my chances on a discount, if I were you. Renting DVC points is a good idea if you really want to stay at a villa, but otherwise, it will probably cost more than a room with a discount of some sort.

Also, it might be hard for you to get a rental at BCV. It's a very popular resort.

Disney tends to usually offer steep discounts at Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, if you are open to those. The Disney discounts are around 35% off rack rate on those when they are offered, and that would make it a better deal than renting points, plus you'd get daily housekeeping, etc.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

The discounts offered this year were not what the used to be. While SSR and OKW had 30% off, many of the other villas were 5-10%. Prior years you could get 30-40% so it's definitely been going down.

Doing some quick math, BCV in January would need at least a 35% discount to break even with renting from our sponsor TTS.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC