Quantcast PhotoPass Plus Prepurchase Offer - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the answer! One more question--how do you get them to put the ride photos on there? Do you just hand them the card at the kiosk thing?
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)
    June 12 2006 (18 & by myself!)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

To add your ride photos, just get the number from the video screen that is displaying your car and give it to the cashier along with your Photopass plus card. They will scan the card and give you a receipt showing the ride photo added to your card for $0.00. If your family or group happens to be in multiple shots, they will add them as well.

Post Thanks / Like

If I get the Photopass Plus do I only get one card? We are traveling with a larger group this coming Jan. and will be going in different directions at times. If they get pictures taken and get a regular Photopass card from the photographer can I add them to the CD before I send for it?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I am almost positive you can.
    Case in point... when we went to Typhoon Lagoon and had pictures taken coming down the slides they gave us regular photopass tags for each picture.
    When the day was over, I took these to a photopass service desk at one of the parks (for some reason I think they couldn't do it at the waterpark) and had them added to my PhotopassPlus account.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little confused. I clicked the link to take another look at the PhotoPassPlus and it looks like it doesn't include the CD?

Does this look right to anyone?
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't going until September. If I buy this now, will it still work then?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Rose View Post
    I'm a little confused. I clicked the link to take another look at the PhotoPassPlus and it looks like it doesn't include the CD?

I recently received my PhotoPass Plus voucher in the mail. It comes in a CD holder with:
    1) The Disney Photo Gallery CD
    2) The PhotoPass Plus voucher that you redeem for your card with a lanyard at any of the PhotoPass Sales Centers at the parks or Team Mickey at Downtown Disney.
    3) A voucher with a pass code for ordering your CD once you return home.

To your CD you may add any additional PhotoPass cards that anyone in your group has picked up when having photos taken when not with the person with the PhotoPass Plus card. You can add pictures from your own cameras. You can have all the photos from every ride vehicle in your group added to your PhotoPass Plus card. Any member of your group may use the PhotoPass Plus card if they are carrying it. It is not just limited to the person who made the purchase.

There is a phone number from the PhotoPass website that you can call and get a very friendly CM who can give you all the information you might need before purchasing one.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yes and No

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    If I get the Photopass Plus do I only get one card? We are traveling with a larger group this coming Jan. and will be going in different directions at times. If they get pictures taken and get a regular Photopass card from the photographer can I add them to the CD before I send for it?
    Yes they can have regular photos put onto a regular photopass card and add it on. They can not do ride photos or other speciality photos without the actual Photopass Plus card.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Rose View Post

A great question. I am so glad you asked it and received an answer from someone that actually used the service. I have been searching all of the Disney info websites to find out if the CD was included because the official PhotoPass+ website was unclear.
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    DLR - AP
    Walt Disney World
    May 1988, 2000, 2003, Oct 2006 - Offsite
    May 1990 - Cruise/CBR
    May 2006 - POR & Swan
    May 2007 - Tokyo Disney Sea
    Jan 2009, May 2010, Jan 2013, May 2015 - Swan
    Sept 2016 - Wyndham Grand BC/Swan
    Sept 2018 - Dolphin

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the Disneyland one AT Disneyland in September. You get your stock photo CD at time of purchase, and they give you your card with lanyard. They punch holes out of the card indicating that it will expire in 2 weeks, mainly for the ride/dinner photos. From then on, it works like a regular PhotoPass, except you hand it to CMs at the end of photo rides and they add them to your card. After I got home, I added borders and such like usual. You then add the PhotoCD to your cart and use the Redemption Code they give you in the packet.. Viola! You will see your photos in about a week!!

I pre-purchased my WDW one and got it a few days ago. You get the stock photos on a CD and a voucher to pick up your lanyard.

Some information that I have learned with the process:

Make sure you get a receipt from the ride photos, in case they aren't added or lost in the system. They can look them up from your receipt if you find one missing. They usually will scan your card again to make sure its on the card.

Unless you are pretty good with your lanyard, the cards may slip off the clip. This happened and I was VERY upset, but luckily I was able to find the card in a ride vehicle after I left the ride. So... always take a picture of the back of your card. If you happen to lose it, you won't lose all your pictures. I don't know if they would replace it if you lose it, but at least you have what you've taken. I may just put it in my slip cover lanyard this trip, like my other PhotoPass cards.

Be prepared to take a bit of time to have your ride photos added. It took a few minutes each trip, as it isn't just a simple step for CMs. They will show you your picture and do things similar to if you were ordering a print.

Have fun with the pictures. Learn where the cameras are (if you don't already know) and play along. We got some GREAT pics at Disneyland that we just laugh at every time we see it.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I used the pre-purchase option last year on a trip but it was before the Plus option. We are doing it again this year and I'll explain why.

First, the Plus option adds all character dining and ride photos on your CD. The regular CD does not include those. The voucher you get in the mail is exchanged for a PhotoPass Plus ticket when you arrive that entitles you to this. You only get one ticket, so only the group with that ticket can add character dining or ride photos. Anyone can add regular photos from Disney photographers throughout the park simply by having their pictures taken, then getting a ticket from the photographer. You add the number from the card on you online PhotoPass account, and the pictures are added to your account. There is no limit to the number of tickets you can add. The only limit is time.

By pre-ordering the package, you save money. That is the only advantage to pre-ordering.

Now, as to more reasons to buy the PhotoPass. When you show them the ticket, your Disney photographer will likely take extra photos. When we did it last year, we took several poses with different people - when you have Dad, Mom, a grown son with his girlfriend (on her first WDW visit) and a grown daughter, you can do a lot of different combinations. They all go on the CD.

Plus, some photographers will pose you to look at some point and look surprised or happy. When you see the picture later, they've photoshopped in a Disney character. I have a shot of DW holding a baby Simba with the two of us smiling down on him.

Plus, you get the stock CD. You used to have to go through your account and add the pictures. Now they send them to you right up front.

You have 30 days to "claim" your photos by associating them with the ticket number. After they are claimed, you have 30 days to have the CD shipped to you. After that, the photos will not be available unless you pay for a 15 day extension. Just get the pictures in time and save the money.

Now, here's a secret tip. When you have the photos associated with your account, you can edit them by using templates and borders supplied by the website. There are dozens of them. For example, you can put a frame around the picture that says "Walt Disney World 2012". When you save the picture, click "save as" and give it a new name or just add a number to the end of the name (01, 02, etc). It saves your original picture and the edited one as well. Boom! you now have two pictures. If you are willing to spend time, you can easily quadruple the number of pictures you have. I went through and picked the best picture of each pose, then added six or seven template borders to each one, and soon 600 pictures turned into over 1200. You get all those pictures on your CD. No limits. If they have to put them on more than one CD, they do.

So, the PhotoPass CD can definitely be worth the money. I got several shots of the same picture, one with "first trip to Disney", one with "Magic Kingdom 2011", one with Mickey, one with Tinkerbell, etc. All for one price.
    DD is headed back this summer for a 2nd tour as a CP Intern!
    Time to renew our annual passes.

Last trip was Mar 2015
    Next trip is Aug 2015
    Began with day trips in 70's
    Too many trips to count

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered this after discussing it with my friends and it really is something to take advantage of, especially because this is a trip for my 25th birthday and there's going to end up being five of us total. Really excited to use it and that when we all decide to pose with a character, there won't be a problem with five of us handing over our digital cameras!
    TTFN,
    Rose

1998 (10 YO & 1st time!)
    2002 (14 YO & 2nd time)

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the great information!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: