Quantcast Pop Century and Tour Groups from you know where - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    Just a thought, has anyone not allowed them to cut in line? I mean, I thought it was Disney policy that there was no line cutting. If me and my family refuse to move, what are they going to do? I think they'd be able to understand the word no, even if they don't speak English. And Lord help them if they are running and knock down one of my little ones-Mama bear will NOT be happy! It will get ugly!!
    They wil ignore you and push by you. Have seen it happen. DBF had to keep reminding me to calm down and that we were in Disney. But I almost had it out with them a few times.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care where we are, be it Disney or any other place, if someone pushes me or one of my children it will get ugly. I will make a scene and call for security. And, I don't see it sitting very well with my husband either. If Disney is going to encourage these large groups of kids to visit, without adequate supervision, I'm sure they realize that there is a potential for problems. I've been in February during the cheerleader competitions and never experienced what is being described. The teens that I witnessed during those times were no problem whatsoever. It seems disheartening to think that with all the money being spent on a Disney vacations, they'd allow groups that cause such upheaval to have free reign in the parks.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

every trip i have been there, i have never had a problem w/ these groups.

when they start singing i try to sing along or tap my feet.
    when they cut in line, i let them, i'm on vacation, what do i care if it takes a little longer to go on a ride?
    If i get pushed by them, i assume it's accident. i have been pushed by many people at Disney, its' a huge park w/ hundred of thousands of guests, i am constantly running into people.

I really like what they add. I love their joy. I love that spirit. It adds to my vacation.

same way w/ the Cheerleaders groups.
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eandrsmom View Post
    I don't care where we are, be it Disney or any other place, if someone pushes me or one of my children it will get ugly. I will make a scene and call for security. And, I don't see it sitting very well with my husband either. If Disney is going to encourage these large groups of kids to visit, without adequate supervision, I'm sure they realize that there is a potential for problems. I've been in February during the cheerleader competitions and never experienced what is being described. The teens that I witnessed during those times were no problem whatsoever. It seems disheartening to think that with all the money being spent on a Disney vacations, they'd allow groups that cause such upheaval to have free reign in the parks.
    I understand what you are saying, but I don't think WDW will do much to stop it. It's probably a cash cow for them. As for your attitude towards being pushed, I could probably get over being pushed myself, but if someone pushed my wife or kids? Probably going to be a scene...

Quote Originally Posted by ransam View Post
    every trip i have been there, i have never had a problem w/ these groups.

when they start singing i try to sing along or tap my feet.
    when they cut in line, i let them, i'm on vacation, what do i care if it takes a little longer to go on a ride?
    If i get pushed by them, i assume it's accident. i have been pushed by many people at Disney, its' a huge park w/ hundred of thousands of guests, i am constantly running into people.

I really like what they add. I love their joy. I love that spirit. It adds to my vacation.

same way w/ the Cheerleaders groups.
    Your patience is commendable...good luck with that!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I am trying to be optimistic. I really don't mind large groups of teens. (I have two myself.) Singing and chanting don't bother me either. It's the thought of them getting physical (especially with my DS8 and DD5) that really bothers me. With crowds, you're bound to get bumped every once in awhile. But to be deliberately pushed by someone who wants to cut in line is not going to be tolerated.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Other cultures do not have the same view of waiting in line as ours does. Pushing forward is just their way of life. With that being said "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

Personally, I would have taken it up with the groups themselves. It would be very difficult for a manager who is not there to play the he said/she said game.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Part of the problem is not that the kids behave like this but that Disney turns a blind eye towards it.

I am sure these tour groups spend tons of money at Disney and Disney wants to keep them happy.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

This is a large group issue. I used to work for a group travel agency. We used to take over 200 high school students to DLP for several days every summer for Magic Music Days. We never had the whole group in one hotel.

Disney needs to be aware about this particular group and tour company. Disney can take corrective action for this particular tour company for future trips. They need facts and proof before they can communicate with the tour company.

Post Thanks / Like

How hard would it be for Disney to post extra CMs to monitor the lines when they know the crowds will be larger. They definitely are making a lot more than it would cost to pay them. Also, how about some extra security at the resorts. They know the groups are coming, shame on them for not being better prepared. Especially since there seems to be a good amount of complaints filed.
    OS 12/76,7/82,3/85
    FW 8/89
    POR 8/95,8/98,11/00,1/4,10/10
    AS 3/211/3,11/5,11/7,11/12
    BCV/YC 7/3,10/14
    VWL 7/3,5/4,5/5,1/6,10/6,3/7,1/8,10/8,3/9,10/9,3/11,10/13
    OKW 12/4,10/11
    POP 5/6
    CS 5/6,12/9
    BWV 10/7,5/11
    DCL 5/6,1/12,7/12,10/12,3/13
    SSR 7/7