Quantcast Gary not going???

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gary not going???

Still not sure if I'll be going or not (DH wants to send me with a friend as anniversary gift) but hoped to meet fellow Missourian, Gary, if we do but haven't seen his name anywhere. Is he not attending?
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly I'm not going to make this one. My wife and I were planning on attending, though holding off on making final plans until we had a better picture of our daughter's school schedule. Then, at the end of April, a really nasty hail storm hit our St. Louis suburb. The money that was earmarked for the trip went to our deductibles for cars and the house.

We really wish we were going! The anniversary meets are so much fun. Missing the It's a Small World ride through is breaking my heart. It's a tradition from the very beginning of the site that I love.

Sorry we won't get the chance to meet face to face!
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Column could host a fundraiser! Sorry you can't make it, Gary.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

We'll all have to tweet tons of pictures with the same hashtag so Gary can follow along with the trip from home! It'll be like he's there with us.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me...it'll be much more difficult for me than it will be for you guys. Especially Saturday. That's going to be a very cool day.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    We'll all have to tweet tons of pictures with the same hashtag so Gary can follow along with the trip from home! It'll be like he's there with us.
    Definitely! #ICOT15 and #GarysColumn come to mind.

I for one am very sad Gary and his lovely bride can't make it. Totally understand though.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm much cooler on the Internet anyway.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Gary and I seem to attend opposite meets. One of these days we'll meet face to face.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer! We’re still up in the air at the moment. I totally understand about that hail storm…I think it was probably the same one we got here in Jefferson City. I was the one who tweeted our family picture at Gary’s Column in June. It was neat to tweet you and Melanie. We just missed her by a day or two in Port Orleans. I’m originally from KC (we have friends/family at both ends of the state) but we now live in Jefferson City (my husband is from the area). We save our podcasts for our trips to and from KC and STL. You all totally crack us up because we can totally relate! When I hear Mel talk about Shaun Cassidy, The Dukes of Hazzard, etc… it cracks me up because that was totally me!

My husband has been wanting me to ask about a t-shirt (Joy Division) that you all had mentioned on a podcast. I had hoped to ask about it in person but, as I mentioned, we’re still up in the air with my trip too. We will have had 4 trips to WDW and DL within a one year period by the time October rolls around(getting the most out of our annual passes) and I don’t think we can afford for DH to take any more time off work b/c if he’s not there, there is zero production. However, he wants to send me and a friend as an anniversary gift…so I’m working on that. If I get to attend, it will be absolutely wonderful to meet the rest of the crew, but our fellow Missourian will be missed!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    Confirmed.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Definitely! #ICOT15 and #GarysColumn come to mind.

I for one am very sad Gary and his lovely bride can't make it. Totally understand though.
    If I should happen to make it, could someone show me how to do that?....hashtags,that is. I’m not computer illiterate but I have resisted much of social media because it eats up so much time. The ONLY reason I even opened a Twitter account was to follow Intercot on “The Twitter”.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll admit, the whole hashtag thing was confusing to me at first. Do you have a smartphone? When you compose a tweet, you'll see an option to add #. It's easy, I promise.

Post Thanks / Like

Aren't we all?
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'll admit, the whole hashtag thing was confusing to me at first. Do you have a smartphone? When you compose a tweet, you'll see an option to add #. It's easy, I promise.
    Thank you. That's encouraging! Yes, I have an iPhone. I know it will feel liberating when I learn the hashtag thing. Like when I read a post from someone asking how you (Melanie) make links look so nice and neat. I read that thread with your response and you taught me(and who knows how many others) how to insert a hyperlink. I love doing that now!

Thank you Melanie!

Maria

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Confirmed.
    It's one of the things we have in common.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

It's one of the things we have in common.
    Double confirmed.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

I had a hilarious dream last night...

We were at ICOT-15 in the American Adventure pavillion and I was having a conversation with Gary about how I was happy he was actually able to make it afterall. Only, Gary was about 4ft tall with gleaming white hair.

Now, I've never seen a picture of Gary before... I think I've only ever seen Mel and John's pictures... so I remember thinking in my dream "Wow, he's nothing like I pictured him!"

And then, in my dream, Ian walked in as well. The only thing I know about Ian is that he has spiky hair -- you guys have talked about that in the podcast before. So of course, in my dream that was taken to the extreme and Ian was about 7ft tall with spikes that were ridiculously huge and twisted like dreads... and dyed blonde as well.

Anyway, needless to say, you guys are a weird looking bunch in my head!!!
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly what Gary looks like ---- and he has fur on his feet.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I had a hilarious dream last night...

We were at ICOT-15 in the American Adventure pavillion and I was having a conversation with Gary about how I was happy he was actually able to make it afterall. Only, Gary was about 4ft tall with gleaming white hair.

Now, I've never seen a picture of Gary before... I think I've only ever seen Mel and John's pictures... so I remember thinking in my dream "Wow, he's nothing like I pictured him!"

And then, in my dream, Ian walked in as well. The only thing I know about Ian is that he has spiky hair -- you guys have talked about that in the podcast before. So of course, in my dream that was taken to the extreme and Ian was about 7ft tall with spikes that were ridiculously huge and twisted like dreads... and dyed blonde as well.

Anyway, needless to say, you guys are a weird looking bunch in my head!!!
    Very funny dream.
    Jodie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: