Quantcast 2 Weeks today unitl DL

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 Weeks today unitl DL

DW and I had planned a week in Vegas and I've been able to convince her to take a side trip to Disneyland. We are going to drive from Vagas to DL on the 11th and spend 2 days and 2 nights. I am sooooo excited. This will be the first time at DL for both of us. We are DVC members so I tried to get a room at Grand Calif. but with no luck. We ended up using the points to get 2 nights at PP. Not likely going to have much hotel time anyway with only 2 days but wanted the full expience of staying on property. We plan to do one park each day. So excited to see Cars Land!
    So, all you DL experts. what to I need to see? I know I can't do it all with only one day at each park but I really want to hit the things that make DL unique from DW. Dining recommendations also needed.
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful time!

Be sure to ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, the Matterhorn, Alice in Wonderland, the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Its A Small World, Indiana Jones. I haven't been there in a few years so have not seen a lot of the new stuff like Carsland and the submarine ride but would definitely check those out. We liked dining at the Blue Bayou - more for the experience than for the food.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Since you will be there right before the switch in to "Halloween Time", Space Mountain and Haunted Mansion will be closed as they undergo Holiday changes. There are several other refurbishments during that time, including Indiana Jones. And since your visit falls on weekdays, there will not be fireworks or Fantasmic!.

BUT . . . the Matterhorn is newly refurbished and Pirates of the Caribbean is always one of my favorites (even after 100s of cruises). Weekdays should find The Laughing Stock at the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland.

At DCA Buena Vista Street and Carsland is a MUST!!! Try to make time for World of Color and Aladdin.

Parades at both parks should be running if you like that sort of entertainment. I do and I think both parades are fun.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to do Finding Nemo I suggest getting there early. It's a slow load/unload and the line backs up quickly.

Get to the park at opening and you should be able to get all of FL done before it gets crowded.

One thing that I've had a problem with in the past (well, a person I was traveling with did). For some reason all credit/debit card transactions that take place in Disneyland are named 'Disneyland.' At my bank at least if you have three transactions at the same place in one day they freeze the card and put a fraud alert on it. My sister had her card frozen there when we were there one weekend. You might want to call your bank to let them know you'll be there - just to be safe.

Food at the Blue Bayou is okay, nothing special and pretty pricey - but for atmosphere you can't beat it. If you make a reservation for right at the begining of the serving times (11:30 for lunch, I think, not sure on the dinner time) you can pretty much be sure you'll be able to get a table next to the water as long as you check in on time.

Overall I think the food at DL is pretty good at the counter service places. Better than WDW I'd say.

If you want ice cream check out the ice cream shop across Main Street and down the ally from the main ice cream place. They don't have as much of a selection but the line is always a lot shorter.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback. I'm definately looking forward to some of those attractions that aren't at Disney World like The Matterhorn and Alice in Wonderland. I was never there when Mr. Toad was there either so looking forward to that as well. Kind of bummed that there are no fireworks on weeknights. I was really surprised by that since they are on pretty much every night in Florida. Oh, well, still lots to see and do.
    One more question though. I want to do the park that takes the most time on the second day since we wake up and go to bed at Disney. What are your thoughts regarding that. Oh, and one more. Which park is World of Color at?
    Pooh Fan
    DVC Member- Home Resort SSR
    Sep 2000 - CBR & Dis Wonder
    Sep 2004 - OKW
    Sep 2006 - Pop
    Sep 2008 - OKW
    Feb/Mar 2009 - Off Site
    Sep 2009 - AKV
    Sep 2011 - OKW
    Sep 2012 - Paradise Pier
    Sep 2013 - Offsite and AKV
    Sep 2014 - ASM
    Nov 2015 - SSR
    May 2018 - OKW/AKV Kidani
    Jan 2020 - SSR

Post Thanks / Like

World of Color is at DCA. Not sure about the amount of time. I haven't been down there since Cars Land opened so I'm not sure how that has changed things. Hopefully someone will come on that has a better idea since it opened. Prior to it opening Disneyland was the one that I always spent the most time at.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you not getting Park Hopper tickets? I never plan on one day at one park and another day at the other. I'm always hopping.

As Aryn said, it used to be easy to answer that question. Disneyland will still probably take up a bigger chunk of your time if you are trying to see everything. But DCA has recently added more attractions, lands, shops, & eateries. So don't think you can just whiz through that Park anymore.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkwest View Post
    Are you not getting Park Hopper tickets? I never plan on one day at one park and another day at the other. I'm always hopping.

As Aryn said, it used to be easy to answer that question. Disneyland will still probably take up a bigger chunk of your time if you are trying to see everything. But DCA has recently added more attractions, lands, shops, & eateries. So don't think you can just whiz through that Park anymore.
    Same here and just like the option just in case I need or forgot to get something

My trip is a few weeks away
    DL too many times :D
    WDW 5/27/2011-6/11/2011 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Pirates and Space Mountain - so much better at DL than WDW

Indiana Jones since it doesnt exist at WDW and better than its comparison the Dinosaur ride
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member