Quantcast CBR questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: CBR questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default CBR questions

We are planning a trip to CBR for the first time in late Nov. My question is at what building do the buses pick up first? I have heard Aruba but I have also heard Martinique... ?? I wouldn't mind staying a Aruba and walking across to the food court, but can you call and request a certain bld like 51 or 52?
    Thanks!
    pop century '04
    pop century '10

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The only time I've stayed there, we were put in Martinique, and we were first stop. It was less than a 5 min walk to the food court and pool. We were in building 26, which was directly next to the bus stop as well. We didn't request anything. Our room was quiet and close to the stairs. I don't think I would stay at CBR unless I could be close to the food court or bus stop, but I'd prefer both. Aruba was usually the last stop on the buses. Some resorts with multiple bus stops within them have internal transportation and/or the DTD bus route is the opposite of the park bus route. I cannot remember if this is the case for CBR, but I know they have internal buses.

Requests are just that, requests. There is no guarantee that you will get this, but they tend to try their best to accommodate requests. You can call a little before your trip and try to tag the request.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard several times that the buses start at two different locations depending on which park they are picking up/dropping off from. I don't know the route, but I've read it several times on different websites.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I stayed at CBR once, in exactly the buildings you would like to request.
    It was an easy walk to both the bus stop and the main building.
    Aruba was not the first stop, but I remember the bus never being full when it got to us all week. (early August)

Post Thanks / Like

When DH and I stayed at CBR in 2009, we were in building 24 in Martinque. I have to agree with a previous poster that I think it depends on the route as to which village the bus stops at first. Usually, our bus stop in Martique was the first to be picked up (which means last dropped off), but there were times the bus would pull up with people already on board from (I'm guessing) Aruba. They send tons of buses in the morning, so if you can't get a room in Aruba or Martinque, I wouldn't worry too much about not getting a seat since another bus going to the same place might be right behind the first one

You can request a building number in a particular village, but my husband and I are proof that your requests aren't always available. We had requested a quiet room in Trinidad South, building 38 or 39, with a king bed. When we arrived, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a premiere location in Martinque with two double beds - much to our initial disappointment. When we asked about our requests, we were told there were no rooms available in our requested location, but we were welcome to try again the following day to see if a room in our desired located had opened up.

As it turned out, however, we ended up loving our Martinque room! Aside from the small beds, it was great being so close to Old Port Royale and the bus stop. Even with the village pool right outside our door, we never had any noise problems at night since the pool closed by 10 p.m.

I would say to go ahead and make your requests, but don't set your heart on them since they're not always available. Remember also that there's an internal bus at CBR, so if your room is a little further from the food court and main pool than you would like, just wait for the internal bus and it will take you there in no time!
    Kimberly a.k.a. Your Magical Guide
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    05/2017 - POR (Oak Manor - Royal Guest Room)
    09/2011 - POR (Oak Manor)
    03/2009 - CBR (Martinique)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: