Quantcast DLParis-Single-Digit-Dancing! Pre-Trip Report. ...advice?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up DLParis-Single-Digit-Dancing! Pre-Trip Report. ...advice?

Cast:

Four jet-setter guys; great friends busy getting our Google Doc Spreadsheets in order.

• Me. - I've never been; not even to Europe! This will be my third resort (after Disneyland in California and WDW).
    • G. - A fellow Disney fan! The only one on our trip who's been. He is equally on-board!
    • J. - Totally along for the ride. Catching the excitement?
    • B. - Are we really doing this while we're in Paris?

What we're looking forward to:
    • A two night stay at the Marriott Village along Golf Disneyland. Staying at a Disney Resort would be double (according to our research). Looked at Radisson Blu and Novotel among others; this one seems to suite our needs… a two bedroom townhouse with laundry/kitchen to fuel up for the rest of our Europe adventures too. A bit nervous about transportation, but I'm sure we'll get where we need to be. Having Bailly-Romainvilliers walkably nearby sounds like it will be handy (for supplies, etc.)
    • The 20th Anniversary!!! The night show and Fantillusion look incredible. I was considering the dinner package with VIP viewing but an Internet search makes the viewing area seem less than ideal.
    • A two-day 2-park pass. We're having it delivered Poste Restante for our arrival which is super risky business. So hopefully this good deal doesn't turn into a terrible one. (It's too late; we've bought and done it so send some magic thoughts our way!) Our plan is to really try to do most of both parks our day squeezed between our resort stay. Our extra day will either be for the evening before or the morning after for any extras.
    • Considering Blue Lagoon. WDW doesn't have one. Would be a nice reservation to have the group experience something different.
    • Pumped about Crush's Coaster! Thought we'd get Keelboats in, but reported closed. Only other refurbs are Armageddon Stunts and Captain EO *touch wood*

Can't believe it! So excited! ...looking forward to reporting back about how it all goes! Any advice or ideas!
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds wonderful! Enjoy!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time...hopefully you'll get into the blue lagoon, is that the one by the pirates?

Just checked and yep, we ate there and were lucky enough to get a table close to the water where the boats sailed by...my adult daughters loved it. Actually, my favorite was the Alice in Wonderland maze.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky you! I hope to get to Paris and DLP next summer (fingers crossed!) Question for you--what does having your tickets delivered Poste Restente mean?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Restante is a system where you can have letter mail delivered to any post office using the post office's address and your full name with the words Post Restante after your name. In France, anyone can use the system and they will hold the mail for 15 days. With ID matching the name (i.e. a passport), you can pick up the mail (and a mere .6 EUR fee).

Before Internet days, I guess it's how a lot of families would write to European travellers and backbackers... as only one of a few ways of keeping in touch.

I'm REALLY hoping our tickets are where we had them sent them to and we have no blips. It was a great rate, but feels risky. Will be one of our trip's adventures, I guess.

SOOOO looking forward to it all!
    =) Travis

WDW, multiple visits. DLR, many years ago pre-DCA. Disneyland Paris, one amazing two-day visit. Up next: Disneyland Shanghai, Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea, and Disneyland Hong Kong!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the explanation--hopefully it will all work out for you!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome_guy View Post
    Will be one of our trip's adventures, I guess.
    I have to say that I love this attitude. It is what I always say when we're getting involved in something we aren't completely positive about. Now my family says it too.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Have a Great timeTake lots of pictures and can't wait for your trip report
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone; really looking forward to it all!

Just phoned and made a late lunch reservation for the 4 of us at the Blue Lagoon (like DL's Blue Bayou right within the PoC attraction) for our main day!! Made the reservation for late afternoon. hoping this will allow us to do some attractions during peak lunch time... and will tide us over a bit later into the evening.

There is a very handy 407 Disney Parks number. You can tell by the menu it's geared towards WDW, but when you say Disneyland Paris, you're connected. Just used that to make my reservation; a breeze and no fee.
    =) Travis

Post Thanks / Like

Check out...

Buzz - Guns are hand held - much more fun
    Space Mountain2 - full inverting coaster
    Crush Coaster - what a blast!
    Animagique
    Cinemagique
    ToT - same design as in California
    RnRC - IMO not as good as in WDW
    RC Racer- if the line is not too long

Google the not so obvious undercover walkways for short cuts and to stay dry when it's raining
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Will check each of those out, if possible! Looking forward to experiencing the "island" BTMR, too!

I know I keep bringing up these tickets... but just asked for the registered mail tracking number for our tickets, keyed it in France's La Poste, and it seems they're waiting for us to pick up, right where they're meant to be. One step closer!
    =) Travis

Post Thanks / Like

DLP's BTMRR is the longest version of the ride.

We also preferred Phantom Manor to WDW Haunted Mansion. We'd be interested in hearing your opinion.
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Zawadi, I'll gladly share some thoughts (we had a blast!), and start typing-up a post to turn this pre-trip report into a full-on trip report one. Certainly interesting experiencing a new Disney Park in another new [to me] part of the world.
    =) Travis