Quantcast What is it you don't like about HS & AK?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What is it you don't like about HS & AK?

So we have the poll about which parks we love the best and the top 2 of course are MK/Epcot!

I am an Epcot lover and I could have told you that AK/HS would be the bottom 2 and I sure most of you would have thought the same thing. Having said this...

...What is it that you don't like about AK or HS?
    Would love to hear your thoughts about this. I will leave my response later on for this topic.

~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

HS - I am not fond of big live production shows.

AK - So far to walk for so little
    "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I voted for Magic Kingdom on the poll, but it's not because I don't like AK, DHS, of even Epcot, but because I like MK the best.

Animal Kingdom is the most beautifully themed park, but it has the least attractions. That being said, it has my two favorite rides in all of WDW, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Dinosaur. Even my favorite MK ride, Splash Mountain, doesn't compare. AK is also home to the two most underrated WDW attractions, Pangani Forest Trail, and Maharajah Jungle Trek. Finally, it is also home to one of my new favorite restaurants, Yak and Yeti.

Hollywood Studios is well themed, has some great rides, and excellent shows, but it has the least favorable layout of the four, which makes it feel crowded and cramped. Also, the singular theme makes it a little less interesting than the other parks, which offer some nice variety. I also feel that there is a lot of wasted space and some outdated attractions.

I hope that answers your question...
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Least liked in each park:

DHS: the backlot tour
    AK: The carnival games at Dinorama. I get the backstory and theme, but I just think it was a cheap cop-out. They could have done so much more with this area.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

While I have multiple "Must Do's" at both parks, there are factors that detract and distract....among other things...
    For Studios...confusing and inconvient layout...
    For AK...pathways narrow and uneven...always seem hot and humid...never a breeze
    For both....No Emporium and no Mousegears...to shop, you have to search through multiple specialty shops...
    Also, no vista...no open view, as you get coming up Main Street...no view of the Castle from almost anywhere in the park...and nothing like the view of or from the World Showcase
    And finally, the background music doesn't fit the mood...if fact, I'm not really sure is there is background music at either park..sure isn't memorable.
    Next Visit-June 2013

75,80,81,82,99,02,03,05 CR
    83,85 FW (Cabins)
    84 Poly
    96, 04, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11 SoG
    99 WL
    2000 (Christmas) DL (POR)

Post Thanks / Like

DHS - The lack of good CS

AK - It is always hot and humid

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    DHS - The lack of good CS
    What's wrong with the "ABC"
    Soarin' to Tower

Next Trips: 2017 The other half has allowed me back!
    Offsite 1998, 2004, 2015 (Universal)
    AKL 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2013
    Beach Club 2008
    Yacht Club 2010, 2011, 2012
    DLR California 2004, 2014
    DLR Paris 2006, 2008, 2010
    DLR HK 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Aimal Kingdom could use a couple more table service restaurants.

I'm not a fan of the layout of Hollywood Studios - I always seemed to get turned around and don't know which way I should be heading.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Ak- I ask what is to like. Ok, ok. The nemo show is great, as is bug's life. But, not enough places to eat, not enough shows/attractions. Plus, i feel like i'm just always meandering around. To me, lacks a sense of flow.

DHS, this is one that its not that I don't like. I just like MK or Epcot better. DHS would rank higher if it took me longer than a day to enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfansince75 View Post
    ...always seem hot and humid...never a breeze
    Quote Originally Posted by mgmnut View Post
    AK - It is always hot and humid
    If my memory serves me correct (usually does when it involes Disney).... AK is on average 13ș hotter then the rest of the parks. Just a little tidbit for you all.

~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Post Thanks / Like

Epcot is definitely my favorite and always has been, but I love AK almost as much. To me the theming is just perfect and the landscaping is gorgeous. I love just walking around and feeling a little lost there. I do wish there were more dining options, and I do wish there were a few more attractions, but overall I love going there.

I've never really liked HS...it always seems hot and crowded and so confusing, and I don't personally like the whole theme behind it. I prefer the more exotic landscape of AK, the high culture of Epcot, and of course the magic of the MK. HS is just like, meh. We usually skip it. I do love the Aerosmith Ride, and the Beauty and the Beast show is cool, but other than that, its just not our fave at all.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I like DHS and AK a lot. It's just that MK is better and Epcot way better.
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

HS- Not enough rides

AK- Too big
    5/98- CB
    5/00- DL
    5/03- POR
    5/05- POR
    5/06- SSR
    11/06- BIRTHDAY TRIP! SSR
    7/07- OKW
    5/08- SSR
    12/08- YBC
    11/09- SWEET 16! SSR
    7/10- PC
    7/11- SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaterializedHaunt View Post
    If my memory serves me correct (usually does when it involes Disney).... AK is on average 13ș hotter then the rest of the parks. Just a little tidbit for you all.
    I keep hearing this, how is that physically possible? Ive been there many times and never noticed it. Strange...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Aimal Kingdom could use a couple more table service restaurants.

I'm not a fan of the layout of Hollywood Studios - I always seemed to get turned around and don't know which way I should be heading.
    I always get lost in DHS too. It makes me feel a bit better that one of our experts has this problem, too.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I don't really dislike DHS, it's just that it's never felt particularly Disney to me. I enjoy RRC, ToT, TSM, TGMR, Star Tours, and the Muppets, but they don't necessarily give me that warm fuzzy Disney feeling if you know what I mean.

Also, I find DHS oddly laid out. It's always hard to get where you're going and really since they took out the actual studio that used to be there the entire park is very disjointed and lacking in an overall theme. It just feels like a bunch of very loosely unrelated attractions jumbled together to me.

DAK I just don't like. I think the entire concept is silly and the park is completely devoid of quality Disney attractions. I don't really care for the whole "show thing", so Everest is basically the only Disney-quality ride in the entire park for me. Dinosaur is okay, but a bit too jerky and violent for me. Kali River Rapids is about as cookie cutter as you can get (it's not even a very good water ride in terms of what some other parks offer). Dinloand is atrocious. The Safari is okay, but it lost its story now too so it's really not much better than what you get at SIx Flags or Busch Gardens now.

I agree the park is pretty, but pretty isn't enough to justify my schlepping around the joint trying to find something to do.
    Ian șOș
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! ș0ș

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Well, I voted for Magic Kingdom on the poll, but it's not because I don't like AK, DHS, of even Epcot, but because I like MK the best.

Animal Kingdom is the most beautifully themed park, but it has the least attractions. That being said, it has my two favorite rides in all of WDW, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Dinosaur. Even my favorite MK ride, Splash Mountain, doesn't compare. AK is also home to the two most underrated WDW attractions, Pangani Forest Trail, and Maharajah Jungle Trek. Finally, it is also home to one of my new favorite restaurants, Yak and Yeti.

Hollywood Studios is well themed, has some great rides, and excellent shows, but it has the least favorable layout of the four, which makes it feel crowded and cramped. Also, the singular theme makes it a little less interesting than the other parks, which offer some nice variety. I also feel that there is a lot of wasted space and some outdated attractions.

I hope that answers your question...
    Couldn't have said it better... although I haven't been to Yak and Yetti, and EE edges out Dinosaur as one of my favorite rides. I love both of these parks too... but in a different way than my enjoyment of Epcot and MK.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Animal Kingdom: Walking through the carnival games section makes me feel like I'm at Six Flags. That's not a good thing.
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

DAK is surrounded by so many trees that it holds in more humidity. The temperature is not actually hotter it is just the humidity that makes it feel hotter. At least this is what a safari driver told us one trip. She also told us that there is 10% more oxygen there because all of the trees.
    Too many times to count before NOW! 40+

Next trips planned Jan.1-6 2013 ~ ORANGE LAKE RESORT

Post Thanks / Like

I love DAK!! We've done all the tours that are available to take there and now it's more of a respect for the park. I'm an animal lover, so I could sit and watch the animals all day. For me DAK isn't about the rides but more about respect for nature and the animals that we share with this great planet Earth.

As for HS, we do Star Tours and TSM, with an occasional visit to Backlot, the Muppets and TGMR.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,