Quantcast Losing 20 points or staying an extra day?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Losing 20 points or staying an extra day?

Hello everyone,
    I have a reservation at Beach Club from Nov 12-18, but am considering only going till the 17th.

I would then lose 20 points.

My points expire in Feb use year.

Does anyone have any advice? I don't want to stay too long because I shall be going by myself with my just-under-3 year old (my DH has a schedule that does not allow travel on these dates).

Do you think someone might be interested in a point transfer? I looked on a site but it said 95 points minimum. I am not sure what to do, so any advice is much appreciated!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would just stay the extra day!

You don't have to be out and rushing about, but just enjoying the time away ... especially since you have the points to use.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also suggest staying the additional day. It needn't be a park day - hang out at the pool. They do have a terrific pool there!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok...

OK--- I'm about to buy my tickets to Orlando now. I'm just really scared of being by myself with my toddler, who is (as with any toddler) a handful.

I am excited--- any tips?? And should I buy my airplane tickets now? They are about $300/pp from NJ/Philly at the moment...

Post Thanks / Like

Your going to love it and by the time you get to the last day your going to wish to stay more nights! Also there is just SOOO much to do. But I assume you know this? Sound like its your frist time alone. Just take it easy and go with the flow and take in all that Disney magic!

As for flight tickets, it is completely your choice. I personally wait for a near $200 round trip pp. I fly Hartford (BDL) to MCO non-stop. You are closer to MCO then I am so I would assume you would get about the same deal if not better? But like I said that would be your judgement, I personally wouldn't want to say wait on it, only to watch the price go up. If it was me I would personally wait though. Hope this helps!

~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~șoș~~~~
    Stayed: Contemorary (1), Polynesian (Many), Old Key West (Many), Floridian (1), Yatch Club (!), Boardwalk (1)

Post Thanks / Like

The pool and beach to play in for a toddler will be perfect for you at the Beach Club. Actually the airfares from Detroit have been the highest than they have been in years. I used to get $200 on a regular basis, but it's been closer to three for our last trip and the two coming up in Oct and Nov. you may be able to rent out those points...twice I rented for one night at the BCV and VWL before we bought our DVC. And found someone on the rental boards who had a small number of points. I actually offered to buy all 20, 'cause I only needed 18, but the lady refused my offer to buy the additional two points, said she was just happy to make the reservation using most of her points.
    Pirate Granny

October 2020 — 3 nights OKW, 3 nights Poly Lakeview and 1 night BWV studios
    November 2020 — BRV studio 9 nights
    December 2020 entire family GV OKW
    December 2020 January 2021 BCV studio

OH YEAH BABY !!! Proud owners at OKW + BCV + BRV + RR

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using 2012 points? You still have time to bank the extra 20 if you're not going to use them.

Since DH isn't able to go maybe you could find a friend or relative that you'd like to travel with. If you had the extra hand than you'll have some time to actually relax and enjoy that extra day.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Losing 20 points or staying an extra day?

I agree about checking the use year to see if you can save the pts. If you can't though I understand your sense that this might be a long time to be at Disney alone with your toddler but as others have suggested there is much to do for just the two of you. What a special memory you will create and both be able to look back on! With journaling your experiences together, photos and videos you will have a wonderful gift your child and you will have to share for the rest of your lives.

Post Thanks / Like

I sort of feel like if you are willing/able to do 6 nights alone with a toddler, what's one more night?

There will be plenty of stuff to do even if you don't go to the parks.

I would also maybe see if anyone can come with you (relative or friend, maybe). It will be tough managing a 3 year old alone, regardless of how many days you will be gone.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

It also means that with the extra day, during your stay you won't feel rushed to do anything. You can take your time, go back to the room for naps, just play in the room, sleep in late or go to bed early.

If your hesitation is because of trying to fill up the time with an energetic toddler, there are so many things to do, to tucker them (and you) out, that aren't even in the parks. There are splash areas at Downtown Disney for example. Spend a late afternoon over there, for a break.
    So many things come to mind.
    Relax and have fun ! I think we'd all agree, that if you can stay longer, do it.
    12/97 ASM
    12/99 Caribe Royale
    12/01 Best W.
    08/03 BC
    05/04 ASM
    08/04 POFQ
    04/05 PPH
    07/05 POFQ
    11/06 Pop
    03/08 POR
    05/08 POFQ
    06/08 Pop