Quantcast WDW Weather Forecast - August 30-Sept 15, 2012 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

We arrive for a week in WDW tomorrow. (Fri). I am not worried in the slightest. Friends, anytime you go to WDW, you run the risk of rain. This of course, would be heavier, and stormier, but I see no need to panic over nature. If we have a "rain out" day, we will take advantage of resort activities, movie rentals, and relaxation. If two of my seven days are rain outs, who cares??? At least I'm getting wet in WDW!! Bear in mind you typically get a thunderstorm every afternoon during this time of year anyway! Strap on those ponchos, and let the fun begin!

Of course, if you have saved and saved and are worried about your vacation not being "worth it", then by all means, look into rescheduling, or cancelling with the hurricane cancellation allowances. But, I encourage you to trust in the universe, and go with the flow!!!
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Belster View Post
    AHHHHH totally worried about this! We arrive on 9/7-9/16...I hope that there is not any tropical storm activity then. Help ease my nerves..lol... I know it is vooodooo though.
    Unfortunately, that's impossible to say right now. Any storm that would potentially impact Florida during that time frame won't come off the African coast until middle to end of next week. By next weekend at the latest I should be able to tell you if there are any potential threats.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    Unfortunately, that's impossible to say right now. Any storm that would potentially impact Florida during that time frame won't come off the African coast until middle to end of next week. By next weekend at the latest I should be able to tell you if there are any potential threats.
    Whats the latest your seeing for Issac?
    Looks like a rainy Monday and Tuesday, with some clearing Tuesday nite.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barnaby View Post
    Whats the latest your seeing for Issac?Looks like a rainy Monday and Tuesday, with some clearing Tuesday nite.
    The models continue to shift slightly west and I think that's a good call. The storm has had a hard time getting its act together so I expect it to move a little more westward before turning north. I think the outer bands will begin to move through late Sunday with Monday being very stormy and clearing Tuesday morning. Maybe an isolated shower or two left over on Tuesday but nothing major for Orlando. Looks like the Florida panhandle will be the final destination.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness, im so worried. We will be at disney sept. 1-6 and then going to ormond beach the 6th-9th. Im wondering if we should postpone our trip. It sounds like the beach is definatly out.
    1994 POFQ
    2003 ALL STARS SPORTS
    2007 OFF SITE
    Sept. 2009 POP
    Oct. 2010 POR
    Oct.2011 POR
    Sept. 2012 POR
    Sept. 2013 POR
    Sept. 2014 CBR
    Sept. 2016 POR
    Sept. 2017 POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneymomma2010 View Post
    Oh my goodness, im so worried. We will be at disney sept. 1-6 and then going to ormond beach the 6th-9th. Im wondering if we should postpone our trip. It sounds like the beach is definatly out.
    No, don't cancel anything right now. That's still "voodooland". WAY too early to know if anything will impact your trip during that time frame. Give it until Monday and we'll have a better idea then.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen C. View Post
    Friends, anytime you go to WDW, you run the risk of rain. This of course, would be heavier, and stormier, but I see no need to panic over nature.
    I agree - I'm really not worried about a hurricane while we are there. HOWEVER, I AM worried about issues with flights getting there, since we are scheduled to fly cross country Monday, arriving early evening.

Still debating whether I should try to change to an earlier flight to avoid issues. I just don't want to have flight delays and lose days out of our plans. Guess I will wait until tomorrow and see what the latest is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    I agree - I'm really not worried about a hurricane while we are there. HOWEVER, I AM worried about issues with flights getting there, since we are scheduled to fly cross country Monday, arriving early evening.

Still debating whether I should try to change to an earlier flight to avoid issues. I just don't want to have flight delays and lose days out of our plans. Guess I will wait until tomorrow and see what the latest is.
    I see the concern here! Change to the earlier flight!!! Then you know you are there!! Your return will be NO PROBLEM!! We will be there at the same time? Where are you staying? I wish you all the best in your travels. I know the weather will be great for us.
    Jen :)

CR-1981
    offsite-1985
    Marriott Grande Vista 2002
    WL 2004
    Poly 2005
    CR Atrium Club 2006
    Poly 2007
    Beach Club CL, Grand Floridian 2008
    Beach Club CL 2009
    GF Royal Palm Club CL 2010
    WL CL 2011
    CR Presidential Suite 2012
    BC Club Level 2012
    Poly CL 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Chris,
    We're in WDW now. What do you think we're in for next week here at WDW? Praying for minimal disruption to our magical vacation!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Chris,
    We're in WDW now. What do you think we're in for next week here at WDW? Praying for minimal disruption to our magical vacation!
    I think you'll see periods of thunderstorms and some gusty winds tomorrow evening through Monday, but it really shouldn't disrupt your vacation too much. It looks like the storm will stay far enough west that WDW will get some rain and thunderstorms, but will avoid the worst of the storm.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll see periods of thunderstorms and some gusty winds tomorrow evening through Monday, but it really shouldn't disrupt your vacation too much. It looks like the storm will stay far enough west that WDW will get some rain and thunderstorms, but will avoid the worst of the storm.
    Thanks for all the updates! Praying for a miss. Weather has been decent so far this week, a few t-storms here and there, but not too disruptive. I want to do Fantasmic Tuesday night! Monday is our off day, so if it rains then, we'll be okay!
    Viva Darth Macho!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthmacho View Post
    Thanks for all the updates! Praying for a miss. Weather has been decent so far this week, a few t-storms here and there, but not too disruptive. I want to do Fantasmic Tuesday night! Monday is our off day, so if it rains then, we'll be okay!
    I think you'll be fine Tuesday night. No worries there. And the storm does seem to be shifting west a little bit. While that's good news for WDW, it's going to mean a lot of suffering for a lot of other people as the storm will be over open water longer and have more time to intensify. I was really hoping it would come up the Florida peninsula and just be a heavy rain event. Instead it's now looking like we'll have a major hurricane on our hand and it's going to be bad for the AL/Florida panhandle coast.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Talking One year of planning......What are we to do....?

Does Downtown Disney stay open during bad weather? Monday was our Magic Kindom Day. Will we be able to go at night? I have only been there during one rainstorm once, and it wasn't too bad. Thanks for any tips.......
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I think you'll be fine Tuesday night. No worries there. And the storm does seem to be shifting west a little bit. While that's good news for WDW, it's going to mean a lot of suffering for a lot of other people as the storm will be over open water longer and have more time to intensify. I was really hoping it would come up the Florida peninsula and just be a heavy rain event. Instead it's now looking like we'll have a major hurricane on our hand and it's going to be bad for the AL/Florida panhandle coast.
    Oh no, that is awful. I hope the storm remains disorganized, and that wherever it makes landfall that everyone will be safe and damage will be minimal.
    Viva Darth Macho!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hull-onian View Post
    Does Downtown Disney stay open during bad weather? Monday was our Magic Kindom Day. Will we be able to go at night? I have only been there during one rainstorm once, and it wasn't too bad. Thanks for any tips.......
    Depends on how bad it is, but usually, yes. As for MK, I think you'll be okay by Monday evening. The storm is looking to go a little further west which means the impact on Orlando should end earlier. That's not 100% for sure, but I think you have at least a decent chance of improving conditions Monday evening.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

thanks
    im here so will see how it affects us the next few days and my flight tuesday
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Right now I think your flight Tuesday should be fine. Probably pretty bumpy in parts, but I think you'll get out of Orlando okay.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Default WDW Weather Forecast - August 25-Sept 10, 2012

Hello Chris - I have a friend who is leaving tomorrow (Monday) morning from Boston to take a group of kids to WDW on a early morning flight. He asked us to check with you about what they might expect as far as weather and travel. Thanks! You are our go to person for all things WDW weather related.

Post Thanks / Like

This storm is frustrating. Now, I am thinking I may run to WDW to avoid the storm. Quite a difference in thinking from just 48 hours ago.

Thank you Chris, for keeping us up to date.
    Sean
    DL - '72, '74
    WDW - '84, '85, '86, Honeymoon '90, '93, '96, '00, '01, '03, '04, 2x '05, '06, 2x '10, 2x '11, 10x'12, 2x '13
    Booked for February 22-27

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnieMommie View Post
    Hello Chris - I have a friend who is leaving tomorrow (Monday) morning from Boston to take a group of kids to WDW on a early morning flight. He asked us to check with you about what they might expect as far as weather and travel. Thanks! You are our go to person for all things WDW weather related.
    I think they'll be fine. Expect some bumpy weather as the plane moves into Florida but Isaac has moved far enough west that I don't expect big travel issues at MCO. Minor delays are possible, but I don't think there will be any major travel issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Hungarian View Post
    This storm is frustrating. Now, I am thinking I may run to WDW to avoid the storm. Quite a difference in thinking from just 48 hours ago. Thank you Chris, for keeping us up to date.
    No kidding! This is an extremely frustrating storm, but all tropical storms are, honestly. Yeah, it looks like the MS/AL coast is the bulls-eye. I'm thinking Mobile Bay late Tuesday night right now. That would keep you away from the worst of it, but if this thing keeps shifting west it could be bad. the only problem is if you're going to WDW you better head out tonight or tomorrow morning because by Tuesday I-10 may not be drivable. Be safe!
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: