Quantcast I will never forget the first time I experienced... - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    This would have been at DisneyLAND, as MSEP didn't debut in Florida until 1977
    Nope...don't think so. I've never been to Disneyland...only DisneyWorld. It's possible they called it something else, but I remember vividly that it was a Main Street Parade and used the Main Street Electrical Parade music titled "Baroque Hoedown." They used the same music for the Electric Water Pageant out on the Seven Seas Lagoon (we were staying in the Polynesian then).
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Space Mountain in 1976, with my mother and grandmother. All I remember is my grandmother saying "OOH,oh," almost the whole ride.
    First visit 1976
    Offsite 1982/1985/2000
    Disneyland July 1996
    AKL 2002/Sept 2011
    Paradise Pier-DL July 2005
    Contemporary Sept 2006/Nov 2014
    Port Orleans-Riverside Sept 2008/July 2014/Nov 2018
    Port Orleans-FQ-Nov 2012
    Paradise Pier-DLH DL 2013/2015/2017 and D-23 Expo

Post Thanks / Like

Our first trip was during Halloween week in 1975(long before MNSSHP was conceived). Unthinkable now, there was only one theme park: THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
    Let me say the whole experience blew us away.The things new to us, like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Space Mountain..And the nostalgic attractions like Its a Small World, and Carousal of Progress, both of which we saw the originals at the NY Worlds Fair in the 60s.

First visit to Magic Kingdom in 1975.
    All I can say is WOW!!!
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Getting my first ticket book, standing in the middle of Main Street and trying to plan how to use them.

Ultimately we went to "If You Had Wings" first because it did not require a ticket and Space Mountain had a 90 minute wait. But we went there second using one of our precious E tickets. I had the 'Star Tunnel music' in my head for years after having heard it repeatedly while waiting in the line.
    AP Platinum/Florida resident

Post Thanks / Like

Horizons !!

Post Thanks / Like

Haering faint music in my room when I was 12 and at DW for the first time, first night and running out to the balcony of our room at the CR and seeing the electrical water pageant. My brother and I were so blown away. Odd that I still recall it like it was yesterday. I can start the story and my brother will finish it. Kids think were weird!
    Grand Floridian (May 2018)
    Grand Floridian 2015
    Polynesian 2012
    Beach Club 2011
    Yacht Club 2010
    Yacht Club 2007
    Grand Floridian 2005
    Grand Floridian 2004
    Wilderness Lodge 2003
    Wilderness Lodge 2002
    Contemporary 2001

Post Thanks / Like

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom. On our first family trip, we went to all three parks the last day (there was no AK yet), ending our trip with the fireworks show. Magical.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

2 come to mind.
    Tower of Terror...I loved the theming immediately, but couldn't remember too much of the actual ride because all I kept thinking was "When am I going to get dropped?" So I immediately wanted to go on again and again.
    Alien Encounter. I had no idea what this attraction was about the 1st time through and was blown away with how intense and real a scene they could create by tricking your senses while all you were doing is just sitting in a seat. I miss that attraction.
    Last edited by WDWfanatic742; 08-20-2012 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Edited out Website

Post Thanks / Like

As a kid...20,000 Leagues Under The Sea! I still remember being in such awe, that we were underwater in a submarine.
    As an adult...not an attraction, but the first time my youngest met Stitch. They way his eyes lit up...priceless. It's such a special place for us that we have to visit O'hana every trip.
    "You make me smile with my heart."
    • DH...almost every year growing up.
    • Me...1978...I think.
      Our Family
    • January 2006-CBR
    • April 2007-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2008-CSR---Never again!
    • Halloween 2010-Bonnet Creek
    • November 2012-Bonnet Creek:)

Post Thanks / Like

.... Haunted Mansion when I was 5 years old. I was scared when I saw the mirrors and the ghosts were riding in the doom buggy with my mom and I.

... Main Street Electrical Parade when I was 5 years old. Totally mesmerized by it.

... DD's excitement on our trip earlier this month as she experienced WDW for the first time.

... Soarin' -- what a great experience. As DD said when we exited "That was awesome!!"

... DD's excitement when we saw Main Street Electrical Parade.

Post Thanks / Like

IASM. I wasn't so much blown away by how "great" the ride was. But I had seen so many videos of it as a child and heard the song growing up that it felt completely surreal and magically when I actually rode it.
    DVC MEMBER since 2009
    CS- Oct.2006 *Honeymoon*
    ASM- Sept. 2009 BLT- Nov. 2010
    WLV- Oct. 2012 SSR- July 2013
    BLT- Jan. 2014 WLV- Nov. 2015
    SSR- Mar. 2016 OKW- Oct. 2017
    SSR- Apr. 2018 BC- May. 2018
    BC- Aug. 2018 BLT Dec. 2018

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the first time we went to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Main Street was full of fog, decorations were everywhere and there was a huge crystal ball with Madame Leota's head inside. Everything was magical!
    Diane
    ~•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•~
    When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I saw the castle from the monorail. I will never forget it
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Star Tours. Both times (original and re-release). Just incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time my family and I saw Tapestry of Dreams during the millennium celebration was amazing. We didn't know what to expect and the music, the puppets, everyone's excitement came together and made the parade so special. I remember a few of the puppeteers stopping and lowering the puppets towards us, we must have been obviously enjoying ourselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJS-Houston View Post
    Nope...don't think so. I've never been to Disneyland...only DisneyWorld. It's possible they called it something else, but I remember vividly that it was a Main Street Parade and used the Main Street Electrical Parade music titled "Baroque Hoedown." They used the same music for the Electric Water Pageant out on the Seven Seas Lagoon (we were staying in the Polynesian then).
    MSEP debuted in Disneyland in 1972, after the Electrical Water Pageant debuted in Florida in 1971. There was no night parade at the Florida park in 1972....I can recall that at least one parade ran in the evening before 1977 (America on Parade <1976>), but not MSEP.
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Way back in the 70's Haunted Mansion. I was just so amazed by it. That is really the only ride I remember from my first trip.

When DS about 3 at the time, got off the Dumbo ride and said, this is the best day ever, now on to the next ride.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    MSEP debuted in Disneyland in 1972, after the Electrical Water Pageant debuted in Florida in 1971. There was no night parade at the Florida park in 1972....I can recall that at least one parade ran in the evening before 1977 (America on Parade <1976>), but not MSEP.
    Well, of course, since I was 12 years old at the time, I'm sure my 40-year-old memories are absolutely accurate and infallible.

Could it be that it was a daytime parade using that music? Because it's the music I remember. I recall hearing it on Main Street during a parade (which might very well have taken place in daylight) and again at night watching the Electric Water Pageant from our hotel balcony in the Polynesian. Hearing that music now on my Disney Classics CD (well, technically my MP3 player...but it started out on my Disney Classics CD) brings back that warm surge of memory.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

I really have three moments:

The first time we went to MK with our kids and my parents, we were riding on the bus from POP and just before we passed under the Bay Lake tunnel my son got his first view of the castle and and MK. His expression is priceless in my memory.

That same trip when we saw Fantasmic! and Mickey pops out at the beginning. I heard my not quite 2 year old shout "Mickey!" and then she successfully went to sleep for the remainder of the show.

Running under the flames shooting up at the start of the Marathon while fireworks exploded all around! Followed of course by turning the corner at mile 26 and seeing the gospel chorus, the bleachers packed with cheering people, and giving Donald (my favorite) a high five as I crossed the finish!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the Festival of the Lion King this past July and was literally almost brought to tears while watching this show. I could not believe that I have been to Disney World over 25 times in the past 5 years and have never taken the time to see that show. I can't wait to see it again in 29 days!!!
    Too many times to count before NOW! 40+

Next trips planned Jan.1-6 2013 ~ ORANGE LAKE RESORT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: