Quantcast End of Summer Horrah! Day 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default End of Summer Horrah! Day 2

Cast:
    Me –Denise- 35
    DS- Collin- 12
    DS- Landon- 10
    DMom- Sheila- 60

Sunday, July 29 –Day 2
    Today we were up early, had a quick breakfast in the room, and then headed to the bus stop for MK!

The MK bus was pulling in just as we were arriving. We had great luck at CBR with the buses. We never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus going to the parks, and only once had to wait around 20 minutes for a bus back to the resort. We also always had a seat on the bus!

We arrived at MK just a bit after the park opened, which is exactly how I like it. We used to enjoy the opening show, but now we feel it’s a more pleasant way to start our day without the crazy rush into the parks with the masses!

The boys asked to go to Tomorrowland first. We usually save Tomorrowland for the nighttime since it’s so cool all lit up at night, but today we headed there first thing! We grabbed FPs for Space Mountain then got in “line” for Buzz. I say “line” because there was no line. LOL. We walked right on and somehow halfway through the ride I had already scored the maximum score! Not sure how I did it!

After Buzz we hopped on the TTA. We still love this attraction. So simple yet, to us, so Disney! We were able to get in the 20 minute standby line for Space Mountain and still be back out front in time for our FPs. About halfway through the line there was some sort of breakdown and the wait ended up being more like 45 minutes, but we were in the AC! We made it out with just minutes to spare for the end of our FP time frame. After our double whammy on Space we headed to Carousel of Progress, which was a walk on. After that the boys were done with Tomorrowland, and we were getting hungry.

We decided to head to Casey’s Corner for lunch. There were no tables to be found, but we were able to stand at a tall table just outside, right next to the piano player. The piano player is great to listen to outside while having lunch. It just adds that something extra!

While in line at Space Landon noticed he had the wrong flip flops on. Collin and Landon have the same pair of flip flops, just different sizes. Landon ended up grabbing one of his and one of Collin’s flip flops on the way out so one of them was way too big for him. The funny thing is he was walking just fine in them until he realized. Once he noticed, he kept tripping over the larger one. Instead of dealing with that all day, or the chance he’d trip and bust his head on the cement or something we headed into the shops after lunch in search of a cheap pair of flops for him to wear. We found a cute pair and were on our way. I still say the tripping was all in his head!!!!!!

It was getting hot by this time so we were looking for attractions with lines indoors. Our first stop was at pirates, which we basically walked right on. When we exited Pirates it felt like the heat had been turned up! The boys wanted to go back to the resort to swim, so we headed in that direction stopping for Dole Whip floats and Mickey ice cream bars on the way out. The Dole Whip float was exactly what I needed in that heat. It was so refreshing!

I had been on the hunt for the Dooney letter carrier bag in the new Buttons print. We stopped in the Main Street Jewelers shop to look for it. Still no luck. I asked a CM who offered to see if she could locate one for me. She ended up taking a very, very long time. The boys were getting anxious so I told one of the other CMs to please let her know we couldn’t wait any longer. Back out in the heat I knew us leaving at this time was a good idea!

Back at CBR we spend a few hours at the pool, then back to the room to freshen up, and head back to MK. On our way out we decided to swing by Shutters to see if they could take us as a walk up for a quick dinner before heading back to MK. We were told it would be a few minutes and were given a pager. Before we could even sit the pager went off and we were seated. I only made 2 ADRs for this trip, dinner at Ohana’s for the first night, and Chef Mickey’s for breakfast on the morning we were switching from CBR to YC. The rest of the trip we were lucky to be seated immediately as a walk up at 4 different locations.

The idea tonight was to have a light dinner and order a dessert to share. We are dessert lovers! I ordered the chicken wings appetizer. These were good, but not sure I’d order them again. My mom had the shrimp cakes with a trio of dipping sauces. She loved them. Collin ordered the Caribbean Style Rubbed Pork Ribs and devoured them! Landon had a kid’s cheeseburger and fries. It didn’t sound like a lot of food, but no one was hungry for dessert and the boys just wanted to get back to MK. This was our first time eating at Shutter’s. I’m glad we tried it, but I doubt we’ll return. Too many better places in WDW!

Back at MK we pretty much managed to do all we wanted to do. I don’t remember the order in which we did things but I know we did the following. We rode Pirates again (walked right on again), Haunted Mansion (walk on), Splash Mountain (about a 20 minute wait), Big Thunder Mountain (less than 20 minute wait), Dumbo (walked right on), Goofini Coaster (walk on), Philharmagic (made it in just as the theater doors were about to close- so no wait at all). We also watched the Magic, Memories, and You show on the castle, as well as Wishes. We caught the 2nd Main Street Electrical Parade. The road was blocked off in Frontierland and there was an empty spot right on the parade route where the boys were able to stand.

Love, love,love how the new Fantasyland is looking. Dumbo looked so cool at night. I love the water and the lights! All 4 of us were able to sit in our own Dumbo and the ride still wasn't full. Definitely a good idea to wait till the late evening hours to ride this, especially if you don't have little ones!

Just after 1am we decided we were satisfied with our day in MK and headed back home for the night.

Up next: AK!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a perfect day at MK - even with the heat.

Where were the crowds??

Karen

10/97 Dolphin w/ friends
    02/00 Off-site w/ DH
    09/06 POFQ w/ DD and friends
    09/07 AKL w/ DH, DD and DS!
    09/08 POR w/DS and friends
    05/10 CR w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/11 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    05/13 Royal Pacific US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS
    02/16 Hard Rock US/IOA w/ DH, DD and DS

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day! You had terrific timing for the rides and the busses!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MizMissy View Post
    Sounds like a perfect day at MK - even with the heat.

Where were the crowds??
    I actually sort of "loosley" followed the recommendations from a disney blogger. I didn't follow his suggestions to a "t", but I did pay attention to where he said the bulk of the crowds would be. I have to say it seems he definitely knows what he's talking about.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

What a great MK day, and so good that not having to be tied to ADRs was working out for you. So funny about the flip-flop not tripping your son up until he realized what he'd done.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Great day. I agree with you on Dumbo. It is just so pretty at night.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful day!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great day at MK - especially with no crowds!

Dole Whip Floats are heavenly I could have one everyday and never tire of it.

Thanks for the review on Shutters. We almost ate there for dinner one evening when we got back from the parks early, but they were busy and had too long of a wait for us, so we went to the food court instead.

Off to read Day 3
    Kimberly a.k.a. Your Magical Guide
    Visited WDW:
    03/2018 - POFQ (Bldg. 2)
    05/2017 - POR (Oak Manor - Royal Guest Room)
    09/2011 - POR (Oak Manor)
    03/2009 - CBR (Martinique)
    03/2007 - Offsite
    03/2004 - Offsite
    03/2003 - Offsite
    03/1998 - Offsite
    10/1995 - Offsite
    07/1988 - Contemporary

Post Thanks / Like

A fun day!!
    Everything seems to be falling in place. If it was not hot it would be absolutely perfect. I like being in the parks at night though.
    Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: