Quantcast Disney Quest? Why?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Quest? Why?

We just got back from WDW, and for the first time went to Disney Quest. What a waste. I wish i could have gotten my money back. 5 floors of junk. Half the games have some issue (broken buttons, screen issues, etc) or the rides are so dated, its laughable.

Why do people go there? Horrible, just horrible.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! Was holding off on going there until both kids were big enough - now I know I should just skip it all together!
    Nov 2003 - Off -site
    Nov 2004 - POFQ
    Nov 2005 - AS Movies
    Nov/Dec 2007 - CSR
    Nov/Dec 2008 - CBR
    2009- 2011 Trips - CSR
    2012 - DLR
    2013 - CSR
    2014 - CSR
    2015 - AS Sports
    2016 - Universal (Royal Pacific)
    Next up - Beach Club!

Post Thanks / Like

IF, you are purchasing the ticket options to go to the water parks b/c you are going to the water parks, and if you have an hr and happen to be in DTD, it would be okay for maybe an hr. But i would not make a dedicated, separate visit and pay the money just to go there. We paid the extra ticket fee just to try DQ and it was horrible.

Not worth the price. You'd be better off taking your kids to Dave and Busters when you got home. More for your money and works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    We just got back from WDW, and for the first time went to Disney Quest. What a waste. I wish i could have gotten my money back. 5 floors of junk. Half the games have some issue (broken buttons, screen issues, etc) or the rides are so dated, its laughable.

I agree. I went there once because I had an extra day on my waterparks plus pass. I will probably never go again.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Never been to DQ because every single person I've ever heard bring it up talks about what a waste of time it is. Is there anything else so universally panned at WDW besides this and Stitch?
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from DQ about an hour ago, now sitting in our room at Pop. Love the free wifi! Anyways, the kids love it there and that's why we go. DW and I wouldn't ever go there alone and we only go because of the water park and more tix. I would never recommend paying the $44 to go there.
    Last edited by Grumpy.; 09-23-2012 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Grumpy.
    Genius by birth, Grumpy by choice.

Trips:
    A few times in the 70's
    Grew up, made a family then:
    Sep 2009 POP
    Dec 2010 POP
    Sep 2011 POP

Next up: 23SEP-07OCT12

Post Thanks / Like

I built myself an arcade machine with all those classic games available. All the buttons work, no lines, etc. I would never waste my time at DQ on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

My son and I went to DQ a few months ago for the first time, and luckily it was a comp ticket. I would definitely had a hard time paying $40 or whatever to go there. That said, we did really enjoy the Pirates and Jungle Cruise experiences, and my son did love the arcade games. We had a great time playing air hockey, but like previously mentioned, we can do that elsewhere for much less money. Buzz Lightyear was kind of lame, and the food choices were lacking.

I've always wondered through the years what we were missing. I am glad we got to check it out, but won't be rushing back anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. I think I can safely say it's my leaset favorite spot in all of WDW. But, my kids enjoy it.

We only ever go when we have the water park and more option, would never pay to go without that option already on our ticket.

We have gone there when we had a free night and the kids have asked. If my mom and I want to do some shopping in DTD sometimes DH has taken the boys to DQ while we shopped. I think DTD is probably DH's least favorite spot in all of WDW. He hates shopping. LOL.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

DQ is truly a "your mileage may vary venue." My 9 year old loves it and we can easily spend an afternoon there, but the price "a-la-cart" is it a tad bit high.

We mainly go when we purchase the water park and more option, and use it to make it a full day at DTD!
    Holiday Villas (2000 & 2001)
    Parc Corniche (2002 & 2007)
    Comfort Inn Lake Buena vista (2008)
    Port Orleans Riverside (2009 & 2010)
    Pop Century Resort (2011 & 2012)

Post Thanks / Like

Count me in the minority as usual. We took a night and went to Fulton's to eat and then spent three hours at DQ. I think it is fun. I love the old games and the POTC game is awesome. My kids begged to go back throughout the week. Would I pay out of pocket to go? No, but always when we have the extra options.
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I'm a gamer. I have always liked video games. If you aren't and never have then this "park" is just not going to do if for you.

If you get the Water Parks 'n More option you may as well go check it out and play a game or two. My wife and I thought it was fun. But I agree, probably not worth a seperate admision or more than an hour or two of your time. I'm sure there are some kids that would disagree. I could spend a whole day in even a small arcade as a kid. Of course, now many of us have higher quality games at home, so some kids might get a bit bored there.
    Past Visits:
    1984 & 85 Off Site
    1999 CBR
    2003 BW/GF
    2009 WL
    2011 Poly
    2013 YC, WL, CR (good year!)
    2014 AKL
    2015 GF, CS , Poly, SSR
    2016 YC, Universal Portofino, GF, Waldorf

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live." - Bukowski

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyRox View Post
    I built myself an arcade machine with all those classic games available. All the buttons work, no lines, etc. I would never waste my time at DQ on vacation.
    Hey us too! Would be interested in seeing yours. Got any pics?
    Trista and Jeffrey
    Happily Ever After 10-30-11
    Disney Wedding Pavilion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quadstriker View Post
    Hey us too! Would be interested in seeing yours. Got any pics?
    Nothing handy... Built the cabinet myself, 3/4" MDF customized a set of plans I found online. Decided on a 4 player control panel with a single trackball.

Controls are an I-PAC4 powering two Mag Stik Plus (4/8 way switchable) joysticks, 2 normal 4 way joysticks all with 6 buttons per stick. Trackball is a 3" Happ Controls High Ball. Recently added a couple of AimTrak lightruns to the setup.

For the Frontend, I'm using Hyperspin, 95% of the time it's just running MAME, but every so often, Dragon's Lair makes an appearance.

Loads of fun at a party!

Post Thanks / Like

Disney Quest, like many other WDW attractions, is in dire need of updating, refurbishment and some TLC. When we first visited it in 2002, it was pretty danged cool. Our boys could have spent all day there. But it has gone downhill and been bypassed by newer technology since.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like

On our recent trip it served its purpose. We did not have the Water Parks and More option on our stay and my son (10) was so disappointed because it was supposed to rain for the better part of the day. I went to the Concierge to see if the Splitsville was open yet and they told us that it was not. They then offere us the Water Parks and More option to be added to our package and knowing that I was going to pay out of pocket to go to the water parks for one day later in our trip (which would have cost us roughly $210 for a one day pass for my family) I thought that paying the $240 for a 10 day Water Parks and More option would be perfect and offer more options. As it turns out it was the smartest thing we did all trip. Previously we had never been to any water park or DQ. Because of weather, we were able to do half days at both water parks and a half day at DQ all in one week. Would I pay for a one day pass to DQ......ummm NO. But because the weather was so bad and outdoor activities would have been less than memorable, it definitely served its purpose and kept us dry while the kids were entertained and happy!!
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

yeah....its hard to justify the cost for the opportunity to play "Burger Time," even if you can "hi-score" it most every time you play.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post

We went with a baseball team one year. We didn’t pay much for the tickets. Half the parents got their money back. It was really not worth it. I would have rather gone to a play ground/park with all the boy’s and let them run free. They had an ok time, but none of them said it was FUN!!

But live and learn. Now we know and we will not be back...
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Agree

If I have the Water Parks and More passes and its raining and I'm already in DTD, I *may* stop in to see what's new. But I have a distinct feeling our 10 year old daughter would not enjoy.

When we were there in 2006, DD 14 at the time was unimpressed with everything but the bumper cars. And there were boys in there that were rough with her. So her dad rode with her the second time around.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

We went to DQ for the first time on our most recent trip (first week of Oct, 2012).

My kids loved it! They begged to go back all week.

I liked it, but did not love it.

We started on the third floor, worked our way up to 4 then 5, then went down to 2 and finally 1.

The truly great stuff we found on floors 1 and 2.

Above that is was fairly standard video game fun. We also did not run across anything broken except for the original TRON game, which had an unresponsive joystick controller. Everything else we tried worked great. There were several simulator-type rides that my kids loved.

On the bottom two floors, my kids found the Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Alladin, and design-your-own-coaster to be fantastic. We did the pirate adventure 4 times and had a great time. I could have done the Pirate ride many more times but we had to leave.

The only really lame thing we did was on the top floor there was a virtual reality game with swordfighting. It just seemed kinda dumb.

On the whole my kids thought it one of the best parts of the week and can't wait to go back.

I would agree for the straight price, it is overpriced, but if you've added water-n-more, it is a fun and different diversion for a few hours.
    Mr. K

Aug 1990 - The Disney Inn
    Nov 2005 - Pop Century
    Dec 2007 - Pop Century
    Nov 2009 - Pop Century
    Fall 2012 - Art of Animation
    June 2015 - POR
    April 2017 - Off Property

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: