Quantcast DHS To Get Entertainment Changes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DHS To Get Entertainment Changes

Expect Beauty and the Beast as well as Voyage of the Little Mermaid to shut down and be replaced... B&TB will be replaced with the long rumored Tangled stage show.. No idea what Mermaid will be replaced with...

Timeframe? Not sure... I would venture sooner rather than later...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

for Beauty and the Beast, and for Voyage. I love B&TB and since the show closed on Broadway HS was the only place to see a version live. I will miss it. Voyage was not good, imo, and with the new Ariel ride in Fantasyland I hope they replace it with a higher quality show.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds awesome! B&TB for tangled seems like a pretty good trade off(at least for me because they are both my favorites). And voyage never interested me. Cant wait to see what they do!
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited for these changes!!!! With the exception of the last trip this month when we went with first timers, DH and I have not done B&TB or LM in quite a few years! Can't wait to see what is in store for these areas!!
    Lindsey
    1991-2005: every year!
    Aug 05/06: OKW
    March, May, & Oct 07: SS
    Nov 08: SS
    Aug 09: SS
    Sept '11: AKL
    Dec '11: BW
    Mar '12: SS, WL, DCL Dream!
    Aug '12: Pop
    Oct '13: OKW
    Feb '14: AKL
    Dec '14: AKL
    Feb 15: Beach Club
    Feb 16: BWV
    Oct 16: Aulani
    Feb 17: BWV

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info. Even though neither of them is that good, I still want to see them one last time before they close.

-Josh

Offsite (4x) and Polynesian (1x) 1988-96
    Pop Century May 2005
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2008
    Pop Century December 2008
    Port Orleans French Quarter May 2009
    Coronado Springs March 2010
    Pop Century December 2012!!

Post Thanks / Like

I love B&B show, but have to admit we don't take the time to see it very often. I'd say in the last 5 years we may have watched it once, and we typically go to WDW once or twice a year.

As for LM, we saw this once and it never crossed our minds to see it again. TLM is one of my favorite Disney movies, but the show at DHS was never a must do for my family.

I'll be inetersted to see what replaces them, and even more interested to see if it's something of quality! I would hope that whatever replaces LM it's not another princess attraction.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I'm interested to see the change! I haven't seen the movie tangled, so I guess I better get to seeing it sooner rather than later....I saw beauty and the beast once. It's one of those one and dones for me.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    I'm interested to see the change! I haven't seen the movie tangled, so I guess I better get to seeing it sooner rather than later....I saw beauty and the beast once. It's one of those one and dones for me.
    Tonya, you haven't seen Tangled? I suggest you see it... One of the better movies Disney has released in recent years...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Tonya, you haven't seen Tangled? I suggest you see it... One of the better movies Disney has released in recent years...
    Really?! ugh, now I have to spend $20.00 to see it, you had to tell me that didn't ya lol sounds like a shopping trip planned for me.... is it still out or is it one of those "in the vault" ones? I already plan on going and buying Cinderella on the 2nd....
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Tangled is a pretty good movie. After all the hub bub... My little one used to watch it over nd over, only to be replaced by Brave.

Didn't they just refurb VotLM recentlyish? Kindof a waste of money, no? It's not an every trip show, I admit, but I can't think of much Disney has done in recent years that's got much rerideabiity.

Post Thanks / Like

My daughters really enjoy Voyage of the Little Mermaid, so taking that out will likely mean we do even less at that park than before. I shouldn't mind if it becomes a less than a half day park going forward, because it probably saves me money.

Post Thanks / Like

Really?! ugh, now I have to spend $20.00 to see it, you had to tell me that didn't ya lol sounds like a shopping trip planned for me.... is it still out or is it one of those "in the vault" ones? I already plan on going and buying Cinderella on the 2nd....

$1.90 with Red Box... LoL...

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about B&tB... it's a favorite of ours, we never miss it. Not so sad about VotLM, though.... saw it in '06 and haven't been back, thought it was really lacking compared to the other shows we've seen.

That being said, I'll be interested to see how they do Tangled... I think if done right, it could be really fun, and quite cute. Of course, not sure how they're going to incorporate Pascale & Maximus, who I thought stole quite a few scenes with their witty lines or expressions/reactions...
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    That being said, I'll be interested to see how they do Tangled... I think if done right, it could be really fun, and quite cute. Of course, not sure how they're going to incorporate Pascale & Maximus, who I thought stole quite a few scenes with their witty lines or expressions/reactions...
    I love Pascale and Maximus. I really enjoyed the wedding short with them.

As far as DHS goes, I think the changes are a good idea. We used to go to the B&B show all the time but less and less over the years even though it is one of my favorite Disney movies.

VotLM was okay but a couple of times was enough. On most trips it is a skip for us.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in the minority but I'll miss VoLM. It was one of my favorite shows growing up and one of Dad's favorites. We still go at least once each trip to see it...I love the "under the sea" feeling but its also very sentimental in my family.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

I never really liked the Beauty and the Beast but I do enjoy the Little Mermaid one. I also liked the "Under the Sea" feel but I will look forward to a Tangled show, I really liked that movie. I enjoy changes at the parks, always makes me feel like the parks are "living" when there are changes. Just like my life, no matter what, you can always count on the changes......"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
    șoș figgie șoș - Now living our dreams in sunny Florida close to the mouse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beksy View Post
    I'm in the minority but I'll miss VoLM. It was one of my favorite shows growing up and one of Dad's favorites. We still go at least once each trip to see it...I love the "under the sea" feeling but its also very sentimental in my family.
    Me too... I love the Little Mermaid. So looking forward to the ride at MK.

I love Beauty and The Beast too. I loved Tangled. It is one of my favorite of the princess movies. I don't see it really having the Broadway appeal that Beauty and the Beast has.
    Too many trips to count!
    Disneyland!
    DisneyWorld!
    Disneyland Paris!
    Coming soon Tokyo!
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE

I have stayed at: All Star Movies, All Star Music, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Port Orleans Riverside, Caribbean Beach Resort, Saratoga Springs Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited to hear this and to also see about sources saying Carsland is Green Lit. I've been going to Disney since Hollywood Studios (MGM Studios then) opened and couldn't be happier to finally see some changes going on in the park. I know we get negative about Disney fairly often, but maybe, just maybe, there are a FEW people in TDO that want to keep this vacation destination exactly that... a vacation destination. Regardless, I love Disney and think the place is absolutely awesome, but I'd love to see some changes come to fruition. C'mon Disney, don't let us down.

AND CUT AVATAR TO GIVE US AUSTRAILIA! (I'm dreaming about that)
    First Disney Trip 1994
    Shades of Green 1999
    All Star Movies 2001
    Shades of Green 2009
    Pop Century 2011
    Bay Lake Tower 2012
    All Star Movies 2012 (Engagement Trip)
    All Star Music 2013
    Pop Century 2014 (Wedding Trip!)
    & Many More to Come!

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized, I don't think we have ever seen voyage of the little mermaid. Do you know when they will be shutting that down? Thinking I would like to see it when we go in December to have at least seen it once.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

I just realized, I don't think we have ever seen voyage of the little mermaid. Do you know when they will be shutting that down? Thinking I would like to see it when we go in December to have at least seen it once.
    Haven't read about any dates...

Replacement rumor for Voyage: a show based on Phineas and Ferb...

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: