Quantcast Hotel close to disneyland

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hotel close to disneyland

I need help.
    can someone suggest a hotel, relatively cheap, that i can drive an electronic wheelchair from the hotel to disneyland?

i looked at Eden Roc. and the Quality Inn. It's hard to tell, even through map quest how easy it is to get in and out in regards to sidewalks. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you!
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Neither of the hotels you mentioned seem terribly convenient to me for travel in an electronic wheelchair. I would think that one of the hotels directly across Harbor Blvd would be your best bet. Look in to Best Western Plus Park Place Inn or Tropicana Inn and Suites or any of the other hotels within about 1400 and 1600 South Harbor Blvd. These are directly across the street from the Resort's main entrance. Another option is the Candy Cane Inn which is on the same side of the street as the Resort with a straight shot to the park entrance. They also have a shuttle but I don't know if it is wheelchair accessible.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

The Park Vue Inn is directly across the street from the Harbor entrance to the esplande to the park. I also was looking into the Candy Cane Inn. They don't have elevator's for their second floor and couldn't guanantee me a bottom floor for mobility needs so I didn't book there. I did book a room at HOJO, but cancelled. I ended up using my DVC at the Disneyland hotel instead.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Red Lion is a good hotel. We got a decent deal through Orbitz. We always walked back and forth between the hotel and DL without problems. You'll have to cross a busy street but there is crosswalks with traffic lights.
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Hello “Shawnee, KS” it’s great to see a neighbor out there! I grew up in KC. My family is scattered in Roeland Park, OP, and Leawood. Plus some on the Missouri side.

Anyway, we were just there in August and stayed at both The Disneyland Hotel and at Marriott’s Fairfield Inn. The Fairfield Inn was quite a bit cheaper. It’s also one of the hotels right across the street from Disneyland, on South Harbor Boulevard. This one is down just a little from the cross walk that takes you to the park and it sits back kind of behind Mimi’s Café and McDonalds. I’m pretty sure we were actually on the sidewalk with motorized wheel chairs at some point so I don’t foresee problems getting around. If you decide to stay at the Fairfield Inn, you’d need to be careful getting back to the hotel (through the parking lot) but there are sidewalks on the way back to the building (next to Mimi’s and along the hotel’s pool fence).

The Fairfield Inn was less than a 10 minute walk to the parks and, if you get a park view room, you can watch the fireworks at night from there. We were on the 9th floor and had a great view of the parks! Another plus to staying here was that there’s a Pizza Hut Express on the 3rd floor. With that and McDonald’s next to the hotel, you can save a little on meals.

I was just at ICOT-15 where I had an opportunity to chat with Michael about the hotels on Harbor. He gave a high recommendation for the Ramada Inn Maingate which is another right across the street from the parks. If we do a split trip next time, we’ll probably give it a try.

Good luck and have a Magical Trip!!!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

We booked at the Quality Inn. IS that easy to get to and from disneyland?
    Have A Magical Day-1970-1989-offsite, 2002-DLR, 2003-DLR, 2005-Sports, 2007-All Music, 2008-POP, December 12-21 2009-Pop, January 16-18, 2010-Disneyland. Disney Sports-Feb 1-6, 2012, Disneyland-December 7 and 8, 2012, DIsney Pop-Feb 1-5, 2013 (my son's first trip.)

Post Thanks / Like

btw-thank you everyone for the replies, really appreciate it.

22 days. WOW

Post Thanks / Like

Quality Inn isn't too far. Its been about five or six years since I stayed there but I think it was a five to ten minute walk to the gate. They have (or had, at least) a good breakfast, including waffle bar when I was there. The free parking was nice and even though it is right next to the freeway we really didn't get any of the noise once we were in the room. You'll walk right by Mimi's going to and from the park so it's an easy stop to grab dinner or muffins if you want to have something in your room.

I'd stay there again.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be using an EVC. DO you remember if the sidewalks are ok or wide enough for an EVC?

thank again.

Post Thanks / Like

There are sidewalks. I don't remember thinking they were unusually small. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: