Quantcast ICOT 15 Playlist

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ICOT 15 Playlist

Okay fellow ICOT-15ers ... As is often the case with special events in life, the soundtrack is often the most powerful thing to bring back some memories. This trip for me was no exception, so I wanted to throw it out there to everyone else ...

What three songs would you say most remind you of ICT-15? It could be ones you heard during the weekend (or sang, if you made the Jellyrolls meet ), one you think has lyrics that speak to your experiences, or even some special Disney music from the event.

Mine would definitely be:

1. Karn Evil 9 by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer - After seeing the opening lyrics to this on the door to the Hard Rock at Universal the song was totally stuck in my head all weekend!
    2. Paradise By the Dashboard Light - A Jellyrolls classic that pretty much always reminds me of INTERCOT meets. Was fortunate enough to sing it again with John in the exact same spot we sang it for the 10th. Very cool moment for me.
    3. I'll Tell Me Ma - They played this old Irish folk song that I happen to love at Raglan Road and I really had a blast singing along. That was a good night.

Your turn!!!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

1. The "Boo To You Parade" theme song... It was our first time at WDW for the Halloween Party and that song is definitely stuck in both of our heads.

2. Gonna have to 2nd "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"... It was one of the few songs I got to enjoy before the buzzkills dragged me home Always a fun sing-a-long song.

3. it's a small world after all
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    1. The "Boo To You Parade" theme song... It was our first time at WDW for the Halloween Party and that song is definitely stuck in both of our heads.
    This one for me! This was also my first MNSHHP and I am STILL singing that song!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

1) Small World. Still haven't heard from that fourth boat...

2) You've Got A Friend In Me It was so great catching up with the Intercot Family and making new friends. Also, I was so thankful for all the support going around to each other while we tried to figure out how Sandy was going to impact us at home and while in Orlando. I am fortunate enough to get home on time but my heart is breaking for members in the hardest hit areas.

3) Don't Stop Believin' Playing air guitar while singing with everyone at Jellyroll's is one of my number one memories of the trip.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Ian, you're dating yourself with that reference to Karn Evil #9 !!! LOL How many of our fellow Intercotees were even born when that song was popular? Hahahahaha!!!

"Welcome back, my friends
    To the show that never ends
    We're so glad you could attend
    Come inside, come inside....."

Yes, I am that old!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Ian, you're dating yourself with that reference to Karn Evil #9 !!! LOL How many of our fellow Intercotees were even born when that song was popular? Hahahahaha!!!

"Welcome back, my friends
    To the show that never ends
    We're so glad you could attend
    Come inside, come inside....."

Yes, I am that old!
    This song was a three day discussion. Seriously. We talked about it for three days straight. Sometimes heatedly and nearly came to fisticuffs.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Have you booked Your Magical Journey yet?

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    [*]Paradise By the Dashboard Light - A Jellyrolls classic that pretty much always reminds me of INTERCOT meets. Was fortunate enough to sing it again with John in the exact same spot we sang it for the 10th. Very cool moment for me.[*]I'll Tell Me Ma - They played this old Irish folk song that I happen to love at Raglan Road and I really had a blast singing along. That was a good night.
    Definitely these two... am STILL singing Paradise by the Dashboard, and now will think of you all every time my band plays I'll Tell Me Ma for sure!!

Boo to You... always... and Piano Man!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Boogie Wonderland(Earth, Wind, Fire), Celebrate(Kool and the Gang), and Jump(Pointer Sisters). The three songs that were always playing at the bus stop at Pop. Overall, though, I kept singing The Yeti is Down in my head.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    ... will think of you all every time my band plays I'll Tell Me Ma for sure!!
    I so wanted to volunteer you to sit in with them!

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    Overall, though, I kept singing The Yeti is Down in my head.
    That's another good one ... Dirty Old Town which all of us nearly lost it over when they played it at Raglan Road!
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

That's another good one ... Dirty Old Town which all of us nearly lost it over when they played it at Raglan Road!
    I have never been so thankful to NOT have a fiddle player on stage... And I am going to have to find a way to get Dirty Old Town into our set list -- and then I'll post it here with OUR lyrics just for everyone!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

What an amazing coincidence that the band and Stuffy played that while we were there.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

INTERCOT featuring Capn' Tom's "Ballad of the Yeti (The Yeti is Down)" remembers a grander time, when the Yeti once stood tall on Everest and functioned as he should. Download your copy of this epic and sad tale today!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    What an amazing coincidence that the band and Stuffy played that while we were there.
    Yes, I'm sure it was pure coincidence.

I actually kept expecting them to switch over to singing, "I met me love in the Animal Kingdom. Had some lunch at the Flame Tree Grill!"
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

As a lover of Irish/Celtic punk I love The Rumjacks' version of "I'll Tell Me Ma." But if you want the more traditional you can't go wrong with The Dubliners, The Clancy Brothers or The Young Dubliners.
    Gary (aka dpamac)
    President, INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Ali fell in love with a new perfume in France, and yes, I guess I did buy it for her... so on our playlist is:
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...=1715905561001
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

I too have to say the Boo To You Parade has been stuck in my head this week. My co-workers have actually walked past my office and caught me listening on You Tube and wondered what the heck I'm listening to! But I have to say the others on my ICOT15 playlist would be:
    Grim Grinning Ghosts - Love that one and especially since it was so close to Halloween this time that I was there!
    The Magic Kingdom Welcome song and the area music in Norway! Love it all!
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe I forgot about Yeti!!! We were singing variations of that all weekend, especially when Splash Mountain was down!
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I'm sure it was pure coincidence.
    Yah, especially when it was dedicated to you guys.

I'd say definitely:

Get Out Of My Dreams - after seeing 104 year old Billy Ocean.

The Yeti is Down

Defying Gravity - from Jellyrolls

ETA: Oh, and I'm going to cheat and add Whiskey in a Jar by Off Kilter.

It really should be a best of 5 list.
    Last edited by Melanie; 11-02-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post

Get Out Of My Dreams - after seeing 104 year old Billy Ocean.
    LOL My husband is SO MAD that we couldn't extend our stay, and he missed Billy Ocean! He is always singing Caribbean Queen.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dpamac View Post
    As a lover of Irish/Celtic punk I love The Rumjacks' version of "I'll Tell Me Ma."
    Thanks for the recommendation, Gary! I just bought this on iTunes and can't stop listening to it!
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: