Quantcast Have you ate at any of these places? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Via Napoli - Haven't dined there yet, but friends of mine have and they loved the pizza they got.

Kouzinna- Ate here for the first time last trip. Rnjoyed the steak I got...really enjoyed the Baklava dessert.

Boma - Nice change of pace from the other buffets. Haven't eaten here for a couple of trips, but always enjoyed it when we did.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

House of Blues....No

Via Napoli...First time last trip...liked it so much went twice. I had spaghetti and eggplant parm both were so good.

Sci-Fi...Go every trip. the kids love it and so do I. I like the BLT soup without the B. Salad is good there and we also like the onion rings.

Tutto Italia....Been there many times. Never had anything that wasn't good.

Turf Club...No

Mama Melrose.... Went long ago and it was OK nothing special but I am willing to give it another try someday.

Chefs De France....Went last year for the first time. had the pasta with alfredo sauce. It was Ok, but a little too heavy for me.

Kouzinna....No

Coral Reef....No

Boma....A couple of times for breakfast. It was good.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

I have eaten at the following:

Sci-Fi- Yummy! I have heard a lot of complaints, but we always really enjoy it. We also love the desserts and atmosphere.

Tutto Italia- Very good, but if you are paying out of pocket it is over priced.

Mama Melrose- It has been some time since we have eaten here, but it was delicious.

Chefs De France- My husband had the duck here. He said it was good. I wasn't really a fan. I think it all depends on your taste in food.

Kouzinna- We ate here and loved it. My husband had the whole fish. It literally comes to your table as a whole fish...it ruined my appetite to look at that lol!

Boma- I LOVE Boma! I am a huge fan of the hummus and zebra domes.
    Ashley
    Art of Animation- Nov/Dec 2015
    Grand Floridan- September 2014
    Bay Lake Tower- June 2013
    Treehouse Villas- April 2012
    Grand Californian- August 2011
    Animal Kingdom Villas- December 2010
    Animal Kingdom Villas- May 2010
    Bay Lake Tower- December 2009
    All Star Movies- March 2009
    +6 more

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli- We loved this place so much. Everything we ordered was delicious! ODS liked watching them pull the pizzas in and out of the big ovens.

Sci-Fi- It has been years since we have been here. It was fun and the food was okay. It isn't a favorite, but I don't understand why some people seem to hate it

Chefs De France- We had the 3 course lunch special and thought it was very tasty.

Boma- We had breakfast here and really enjoyed it. The special juice they had was great and I wish I could buy it somewhere.

Kristin
    Momma to two sweet boys: Myers and Jacob
    36 trips and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Sci-Fi- great atmosphere! I cannot speak from experience (we have only had lunch fare) but based on reviews, it seems if you stick to sandwiches/dinner fare you should be ok. We had burgers and sandwiches and were not disappointed.

Chefs De France- not a bad choice in restaurant. One of DHs FAvs in WDW. Good food, "safe " food IMHO. My family enjoys the escargots and onion soup. DH loves the macaroni au gratin
    Kouzinna-NEVER AGAIN. Repeat NEVER AGAIN. Food was decent service was TERRIBLE (I think one of the worst I have ever received anywhere!) what made it worse was that the mgmt and staff didn't seem to bother/notice/care.

Coral Reef- Great atmosphere! It's been a few years, but we have never been back. Our food wasn't that great. DHs steak was cold and my fish was not fresh ...do not order the seafood.

Boma- MY FAVORITE!!!!! DH enjoys the meats. I love the soups, (ESP chicken curry soup) salads (lentil hearts of palm salad), dips (white bean dip) yum yum yum. My kids love it all!!!!!
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Via Napoli- we had the pepperoni pizza and it was outstanding. Also, if you are a beer drinker I recommend giving the La Rossa beer a try. At the time, La Rossa was served exclusively at Via Napoli (I believe it still is). We had a blast here and immediately added Via Napoli to our list of favorites.
    "If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."- Jimmy Buffett

Polynesian
    Treehouse Villas
    Caribbean Beach
    Beach Club
    Yacht Club
    Beach Club Villas
    Disneyland Hotel
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Boardwalk Villas
    Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

SciFi - a few suggestions. Try to go in the evening I find it disorienting to go during the day. Love the theme but to go from a drive in theatre theme to bright sunshine outside .....would rather come out to night

The burgers are great and the milkshakes. Burgers aren't on evening menu but you can ask for them

My husband likes Boma. Lots of different choices. We don't go often just because it is harder to get to than most of the other out side the park dining choices. ( the reason we don't go to Trails End at Ft. wilderness too - love the food and value there but if you don't have a car not worth it)
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

House of Blues- This is the one and ONLY HOB that I actually like. There food has been very good everytime we have been there.

Via Napoli- Trying that on this trip.

Sci-Fi- It's alright not my favorite.

Tutto Italia- This place was decent. I just had the spaghetti though.

Turf Club- never been

Mama Melrose- I did not care for Mama Melrose but I feel as though I need to give it a second try.

Chefs De France- never been

Kouzinna- never been

Coral Reef- Decent food, horrible service. I would opt out of it for what it is.

Boma- never been.

Post Thanks / Like

I've eaten at Coral Reef and Sci Fi.
    Heard so-so reviews for both regarding the food. But we didn't have a problem with either. The theme and setting for both are what stand out, with Coral Reef's tank and Sci Fi's "B" movie drive-in. I'd eat there again for both.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

ill keep it to places i ate last few trips
    HOB...only because i had a certificate..i wouldnt go there again anytime soon prob..i dont think its as good as it used to b..not that it was ever a fav but it was better
    Via Napoli-first time it was great...2nd time was huge dissapointment..pixxa was great first time, then not so much this yr...
    Chefs..ive had soso and good. last time it was a good lunch, much bigger portion than expected for short ribs
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Sci Fi - I had a steak. It wasn't bad (but not stellar). The "blue cheese butter" that accompanied it was weird.
    Coral Reef - i LOVED the beef short ribs! My daughter had them and found them a bit rich, but I'd say they were one of the best things I had.
    Boma - a buffet, so go crazy and try everything that intertests you to find out what you really like ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

I've only eaten at three of them.

Sci-Fi - my family enjoys the atmosphere...but it is definitely kitchy. We go more for the atmosphere than the food, but the burgers aren't bad, and I enjoyed the shrimp pasta when I was there last.

Kouzinna - We enjoyed this restaurant when we were there two years ago, however we both agreed that while we were happy with our meal, it's not neccessarily some place we would make a point of going back to again. We are glad to have gone at least once. The calamari appetizer was very good. My husband had the slow-cooked lamb shank which was tasty. I got the Kouzinna Trio, specifically because I wanted the char grilled lamb burger, which was my least favorite on the plate. The pastitsio was phenomenal.

Boma - This is one of my family's favorite meals. And is a must do for every trip. Particular favorites are the mango vinaigrette salad dressing, the carrot ginger soup, the cocounut curry seafood soup, the FuFu and the bobotie.

NEXT TRIP -
    WDW 08/18 ~ First family trip w/our 2 yo, 5 yo, my parents & our best friends &their 2 &5 yr olds.

PAST TRIPS -
    DISNEY WORLD
    04/16 (pre second babymoon), 08/15 (first trip with our own child), 08/10, 08/08, 04/05, 01/04, 04/02, summers 88, 90, 92 and 97.

DISNEYLAND
    03/06

Post Thanks / Like

de France and Boma would be my 2 choices from that list hands down (have never been to Kouzzinas or Turf Club). Yum yum yum!!

And HofB was actually fun - a little loud- with really good food. Obviously different food choices and more casual setting but worth a look....
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

Love Kouzzina and Via Napoli.
    My kids like Mama Melrose.
    We all like Via Napoli.
    Hope this helps! Enjoy!
    Coming up....BCV and BWV 2016????
    BWV July 2010, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15!!!!
    BWV and BCV July 2009
    BWV 12/2008 (Surprise trip!)
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2008
    Swan 06/2007
    Boardwalk Villas 08/2005
    Beach Club Villas 11/2004, 04/2006
    Contemporary 4/2002, 4/2004

Post Thanks / Like

We ate at sci fi once, and am surprised at all the negative reviews. We had a blast and a decent bite too. I ate a bowl of chili, side salad, and had a milkshake. All items were good, and it was a lot of fun to eat there. The car was a little cramped but still fun. The key is to not go in expecting a 5 star meal, but expect to have fun. Take it for what it is, an amped up drive in and you should do well. Might be better as a mid afternoon or evening snack as opposed to a full on meal, but should do well either way.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

Post Thanks / Like

Boma was absolutely delicious. Wonderful flavors-cumin, cinnamon- and great choices.

Mama Melrose- I agree with the earlier poster who equated it with Olive Garden. I wouldn't go back; there are too many other places with much better food.

Jeff
    Disney Vacation Club Member

The Beach Club
    Remember the Magic!

Post Thanks / Like

House of Blues - we never go there because there is one in our city

Sci Fi - love the atmosphere - the wait can be LONG - stick to burgers and shakes - delicious - the chicken is dry.

I've never had anything I didn't love at Via Napoli
    Tutto Italia - super delicious
    Boma is just delicious period.
    Chefs de France is very very good - the dining experience can be very lengthy - but enjoyable.
    We've been to Coral Reef several times - the only time we liked it was the first - its been awful ever since and we never plan to go back. The food and service is just terrible.
    We have never been to Mama Melrose, Kouzinna, Turf Club (never heard of this one!)
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: