Quantcast Splash Mountain Literally Is Falling Apart - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy to hear it! Sad I won't be able to see it for awhile! Hope they keep it up.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very happy to hear it has been restored!!!
    That ride brings back fond memories of having the Uncle Remus stories read to us as kids and the movies being shown on The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights . I had to explain to my DD what the ride was all about the first time we rode it when she was 6.
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to check it out later this month! It's been a long time since I have ridden (my trips always seem to fall in rehab times).
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

This makes me happy. We took a family of newbies last fall, and their little boy (9yrs) loved Splash Mountain. It was his favorite ride, even in that condition. We thought it was sad, actually, because he hasn't seen it the way it was meant to be seen. *Nothing* in the Laughin' Place was working. He would have loved the jumping water, and the turtles splashing.

*sigh* I guess we'll just have to bring them back for another trip. My DW and I are going in 27 days. I can't wait to see it restored to glory!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

So happy to hear this! Excited to see SplMtn in all its glory next month!

**mousetrapper**

CBR Oct. 1999
    Poly Nov. 2001
    CBR Oct. 2003
    BC Oct. 2004
    CBR Sept. 2005
    Poly Thanksgiving Week 2007
    CBR Nov. 2009
    Port Orleans Nov. 2011
    CBR May/June 2013
    AoA Sept. 2013

Post Thanks / Like

OK, rode Splash Mountain on Sunday, April 28th. All of the audio-animatronic figures were working. They even fixed up some small details...for example, the porcupine used to have a quill falling across his face. It has bothered me for years. They fixed it!

However, as we went into the Laughin' Place, NONE of the water effects were on. Not the bubbling pots, not the jumping water, not even the water under the turtles. That's the best room in the ride. All of the figures were moving and singing as they should, but without the water, it doesn't look right. Not sure if this isn't fixed yet (they weren't on the last time I rode it back in November), or if they had the effects off for a different reason and I just have bad timing.
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    OK, rode Splash Mountain on Sunday, April 28th. All of the audio-animatronic figures were working. They even fixed up some small details...for example, the porcupine used to have a quill falling across his face. It has bothered me for years. They fixed it!

However, as we went into the Laughin' Place, NONE of the water effects were on. Not the bubbling pots, not the jumping water, not even the water under the turtles. That's the best room in the ride. All of the figures were moving and singing as they should, but without the water, it doesn't look right. Not sure if this isn't fixed yet (they weren't on the last time I rode it back in November), or if they had the effects off for a different reason and I just have bad timing.
    You are not the only one reporting this... Guess that didn't last long LOL...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Apparently it is running so well now (and has been running so poorly for so long) that people are seeing effects that they never knew existed before.
    Indeed I did. I can't point out specifics, but as we rode through, my wife and I kept saying, "That never moved before, did it?" or "I don't remember those characters making those sound effects."

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    The laughing place seems fun again with all the water fountains working.
    Yeah, I wish. Not this week it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by seanyred View Post
    I couldn't tell if the animation on the wall (the silhouettes of Brer Bear and Brer Fox chasing after Brer Rabbit) is working again. Could anyone there confirm this?
    This was the other effect (besides the Laughin' Place) that was not running. I was willing to give it a pass as long as the Laughin' Place was running. But, alas, it wasn't.
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azcavalier View Post
    This was the other effect (besides the Laughin' Place) that was not running. I was willing to give it a pass as long as the Laughin' Place was running. But, alas, it wasn't.
    I have no knowledge of any of this stuff, so please bear with me, but how could it break down so soon after being fixed? Is it possible someone just forgot to throw a switch or something????
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

From what I know, I believe the jumping fountains effect is turned off and on based on the weather conditions. I think it only runs when it's really hot out and they're trying to soak the guests.

Ride when it's cooler out and ride when it's baking heat ... you'll be amazed how much more soaked you get during the latter ride.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I have no knowledge of any of this stuff, so please bear with me, but how could it break down so soon after being fixed? Is it possible someone just forgot to throw a switch or something????
    The same way things on BTMR and Test Track stop working so soon after a refurb... Once WDI tweaks what needs to be tweaked, they turn it over to Park Ops (or whatever they call it today).. And those managers don't care about show...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The blast cannons for the big splash are turned off during the colder months, but you don't actually get wet in the Laughing Place. The water effects are just that, effects. I have never gotten wet from them aside from maybe a slight spritz, and I know they were definitely running in December in the past. It's such a disappointment when you get to that scene and none of those effects are on. They really make a difference.

I have only been really soaked on Splash Mountain twice, and both times it was when our boat was waiting to go up the second hill as another boat was making its final descent and the splash cannons were on.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

i kinda see this as a double edged sword.

I don't want to see any WDW attraction running "70%" if you will, and I say WDW has the $$ to make every ride completely functional and running in it's full glory. I don't think there's any excuse for a ride to have parts that aren't right/not working on it. (my post/pic about COP having a scene with dad missing a hand comes to mind)

However....the idea of a ride being down months versus weeks and many more people missing out on a ride they love also is not a great thing either. It's a tough call but one I'm sure they make daily.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)