Quantcast June 1-8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: June 1-8

Post Thanks / Like

Question June 1-8

I have just recently booked a trip June 1-8th to stay at Bay Lake Tower. I have never been this time of year. We have been in early May and July 4th, and I swore after being there on July 4th that I would never return in the summer again. I am hesitant, but because of my career as a teacher this seems to be the only time that works. How are crowds and weather this time of the year? I am mainly concerned with the crowds.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were there June 8-16th this past summer. It really wasn’t too bad...definitely better than July 4th but not as good as May. Some friends of ours were there the week before us and it sounded like their week may have been even a little better. That would be the same week that you’re going so I don’t think it will be horrible for you…if history repeats itself. We took advantage of extra magic PM hours and, since we had Premier Passports last year, we decided to give the water parks a try and ended up spending a lot of time at those. We had never been to Typhoon Lagoon and it had been about 8 years since we had been to Blizzard Beach. I HIGHLY recommend hitting both! We had a blast!!! If you get there early, you’ll be sure to have your pick of chairs. Also, both parks have life vests for the kiddos to use free of charge.

As far as weather goes…we did have lots of periods of rain. They never lasted too terribly long but there were some major downpours! They closed Typhoon Lagoon one day while we were there (due to rain moving in) and it took us an hour to get out of the parking lot! Just be aware and pack some umbrellas for those pop-ups.

Anyway, we're actually planning to go again within the first two weeks of June 2013 (I think we're shooting for the 1st week as well) so it definitely wasn’t bad enough to keep us from going back again at that time of year! I think you’ll be fine.

Have a magical trip!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Since you asked how are the crowds Jjst an FYI, the first week of June is "Gay Days." It can be a bit over the top at times. We will never, ever go the first week of June again..its just not my cup of tea.
    Last edited by Altair; 11-13-2012 at 05:15 AM. Reason: removed some content

Post Thanks / Like

Early June, in my experience, can be hit or miss. We've gone and had surprisingly low crowds and, on another occasion, were surprised that the crowds were higher than expected. Do expect it to be hot and humid.

If you check out the gay days website, it will provide you with a list of which park is the featured park of the day. We would simply plan to visit another park to avoid the additional crowding in the featured park.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Early June, in my experience, can be hit or miss. We've gone and had surprisingly low crowds and, on another occasion, were surprised that the crowds were higher than expected. Do expect it to be hot and humid.

If you check out the gay days website, it will provide you with a list of which park is the featured park of the day. We would simply plan to visit another park to avoid the additional crowding in the featured park.
    Everything Linda said! We've been several times during the first week or so in June and crowds have varied. Weather can be nice and warm, or down right HOT.

As far as Gay Days are concerned, it was not a big deal. We avoided the parks they were scheduled to go to, mainly just to avoid more crowds. If I hadn't been aware ahead of time what was going on that week I would have never known Gay Days was happening. It did not affect our trip at all.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip was June 2 - June 9th. We got there at the tail end of the Gay Days week and the crowds were very manageable. Keep in mind that on the weekends at HS, they have Star Wars Weekends. Our bunch isn't too much into Star Wars, so we just avoided HS during the weekend. The weather was hot...not scorching, but very humid. We got caught in quite a few afternoon monsoons, but for the most part, they passed quickly.

We would definitely do the first of June again!
    ~Sonya~
    WDW Trips:
    01 - Contemporary
    02 - Disney Cruise
    09 - OKW
    11 - AKL-Kidani
    12 - AKL-Kidani
    12 Christmas - Boardwalk Villas
    13 Halloween - Contemporary
    14 - Bay Lake Tower
    15 - Vero Beach & AKL-Kidani Village
    16 - CBR & Saratoga Springs
    17 - Saratoga Springs
    18 - Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Went during June two years ago. The earlier the better, as crowds seem to pick up as you go. You should be fine.

We had ONE day of nice weather, then it got hotter and hotter. Just be prepared.

Gay Days---not a problem with us. We avoided the chosen park when possible, but our schedule of early openings followed by an afternoon break and returning for fireworks seemed to work just fine. I don't think the crowd levels were affected that much.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

We spent those exact days there this year. Gay days finished up as we got there, and we barely noticed them. They seemed to make no difference in crowd size during our trip. We used EMH and were up early, so we got to do a lot. It was ridiculously hot every morning, and poured every afternoon. In fact, we ended up leaving the parks twice due to the rain (it was a foot deep in Tomorrowland, one day! It's hurricane season, so it could be nice, and it could be bad. That's not to say it ruined our trip at all, though. I would just advise taking rain gear.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: