Quantcast Cape Cod/Nantucket

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cape Cod/Nantucket

Hi Intercotees! We are looking into a possible trip to Cape Cod or Nantucket this summer. I dont know where to begin looking. Any advice? Hotels/cottages? Things to do? I would prefer ocean front or walking distance to ocean. Everything I have found is outrageously priced- I am talking like 300 plus a night! Help!
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket
    Our wish came true! Ellie 9/9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking anytime after may? Like June through summer? If so, that's why it's so expensive. Cape cod and Nantucket make a boat load of money during the summer because of the atmosphere alone. Have you looked into Newport, Narragansett? Those to are expensively during the warmer months, but you will get more of the bed and breakfast type places for your money. Cute quaint homes.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

The cape and the islands are busy during the summer. If you can I would suggest you go in the Fall. It's absolutely beautiful during that time and not crowded. We vacationed for years (before DS) on the Vineyard in October. The weather was almost always nice and the prices reduced dramatically.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at a Best Western right on the beach in Provincetown. I couldn't believe how nice it was for a Best Western. I thought I heard it was torn down to make condos but I'm not sure. It's worth looking into.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your input so far. We are looking at going in early July.....
    "See, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is you'll never run out of Wishes. They're shining deep down inside of you. And that, my friends, is where the magic lives."Jiminy Cricket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    Thanks for all your input so far. We are looking at going in early July.....
    Eek! Do you have to vacation early July? I mean, really, ANYTIME in the summer you are going to pay through the nose. If you look at the same vacation plans for late fall/early winter, I can guarantee you will see the price split in half. If it has to be in the summer, you will not find affordable pricing.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

Check out area real estate agents (some specialize in vacation rentals) and websites that specialize in private rentals. Home away from home type sites. You can sometimes get a better deal renting a house for a week or two then paying by the night at resorts. The problem is that early July is prime time and lots of people have repeat renters that book years in advance. But sometimes you get lucky. You might consider coastal Maine, RI, NH, other beachy areas if you have no luck with the Cape and Nantucket.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerbellT421 View Post
    Eek! Do you have to vacation early July? I mean, really, ANYTIME in the summer you are going to pay through the nose. If you look at the same vacation plans for late fall/early winter, I can guarantee you will see the price split in half. If it has to be in the summer, you will not find affordable pricing.
    We both work in the schools so summer is our only real time to vacation. I would like to look at late June but with our state taking such a hit from Sandy we might be working until July!

Thanks for the suggestions about RI. I have heard that from many people....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanymouse View Post
    We both work in the schools so summer is our only real time to vacation. I would like to look at late June but with our state taking such a hit from Sandy we might be working until July!

Thanks for the suggestions about RI. I have heard that from many people....
    There's always a ton to do in ri during the summer. Jazz and blues festivals, clam backs, fairs, tons
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

This is just my opinion and hope I don't offend anyone but Cape Cod was probably our least favorite vacation. We were a little bored and the beach wasn't like we were used to. I would do Newport RI instead. We loved it there.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: