Quantcast Dissappointed in Garden Grill Restaurant's Changes

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Dissappointed in Garden Grill Restaurant's Changes

2 years ago my husband and I were told about how amazing the Garden Grill was for dinner. So, we went ahead and tried it 2 years ago, then last year as well and again last week. The menu has changed and it is not as amazing as it used to be!
    They no longer offer a variety of breads, it's just rolls. The salad dressing was significantly different in that I didn't even eat it because it had no taste at all. They no longer offer cranberry sauce with the turkey/stuffing/gravy/mash potatoes (which is big for us!), and the dessert was cake and not the skillet fruit cobblers warm and amazing as they used to be. The kid's mac n cheese is not baked anymore, it comes out topped with goldfish.
    It was a bit upsetting to pay so much money to have the things we love eliminated. We won't be going back.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about par for the course here lately. They have cheapened up the menu at pretty much every place we used to like. We have pretty much quit doing table service and go off site for our good meals.

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Grill was pricey before. It's easy to drop a Benjamin for three people. If I was served goldfish crackers for that price, someone would probably end up wearing them.

Another restaurant to cross off the list I guess...

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry you didn't have a good meal at GG!

It has been one of our favourites for years, and we had an awesome experience during our October trip.

Somtimes I wonder if quality depends on who's in the kitchen, as our salad was awesome ... we ordered two extra bowls of it. However, it was different than a couple of years ago, much more like the salad they served longer ago. (There was a bad time when they tried a "southwest salad" ... that was horrible, we were delighted when they went back to a "normal" salad). We also got extra rolls and the yummy butter, but my Mom didn't like the stuffing though, so we had to eat the rest of her share.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Turkey should come with cranberry sauce, that is just wrong. Did you ask for some? Could they have forgotten?
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there a little over a year ago- no cranberry sauce. I missed it but we still enjoyed our meal.

Since it is my youngest favorite we are going in Jan. - let you know what we think.

One thing they have been good about is getting some chicken tenders. My daughter still wants those more than the other meats evnthough she is an adult now (18). Last time they were very nice about serving them ( the waiter said they got some from the food court).
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    Sounds about par for the course here lately. They have cheapened up the menu at pretty much every place we used to like. .
    ^ this.

Post Thanks / Like

We ate there last week as part of our Candlelight Processional Package. I have to say, in general, I was a bit under whelmed with the foods. The steak medallions were good, but for the price paid, I certainly expected more or something unique or out of the ordinary. Maybe I had set my hopes to high, IDK, but while it was still good, it certainly wasn't memorable. I don't forsee a return visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Whew... Glad to hear this. We have two trips planned for next year (one at Memorial Day and one the first week of December) and we're already loosely planning our meals. Garden Grill was one that was still wavering on our list, so it's looking like it may not make the cut! This is the second GG bash I've seen, and that's looking like enough for me!

Sorry you had such a terrible experience!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney