Quantcast The wait

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: The wait

Post Thanks / Like

Question The wait

11days and counting! just wondering who thinks the wait is just as much part of the vacation as getting there is.
    My kids count down each day as we get closer and remove a link off the paper chain each night that they made themselves. Even I find the countdown to be as much fun as going, almost to the point that I feel the vacation will be over way too soon when it gets this close.
    Anyone else feel this way???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Wait!

We are right behind you....really right behind you. We are at 21 days 4 hours. & 33 minutes.

Have a great trip!
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

It is certianly an exciting time for us as the countdown winds down. Our son and niece are always involved in the planning/countdown for Disney trips but, this time we are surprising them with a trip in January and it's about to kill us not having them be a part of the planning and trip discussion. We were going to wait until the day we leave to tell them but, have decided to make it part of their Christmas suprises so, while it will still be a suprise, they will have a couple of weeks to "plan" and have a mini countdown.

Post Thanks / Like

Im at 63 days and I feel like my trip is arriving way too fast! I feel like just yesterday I was at 130 days! Once the trip is up it is time to start another countdown!
    First trip: 1999 AS Movies
    Stayed since at: AS Music, AS Sports, Contemporary, Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans FQ
    Next visit: October 15-22, 2016 [Port Orleans French Quarter]

"In dreams you will lose your heartache.."

Post Thanks / Like

Our paper chain is down to 3! (Though we'll visit relatives first. The 3 is for our leave date, not the first day in the parks). I'm finding it hard to concentrate. It's better this year at least - I can spend too much time on Disney sites in the open. We did it as a suprise last year. That was fun too, but we go often enough that it's fun to experience both! (This is our 5th with-kids trip and we only surprised once. They say they want to be surprised again, so we will at some point).

Post Thanks / Like

The previous days are exciting and kind of part of the vacation but not because of the wait, but because of all the preparation, the research at the websites for the events, weather, schedules, tips, best practices to avoid crowds, the shows, etc. I always feel like I'm already there!
    September 1973
    August 1988
    November 1990
    May 1993
    April 1996 (Disneyland)
    October 1999
    October 2002 (Disneyland)
    March 2003
    December 2009
    July 2011
    March 2013
    January 2017
    November 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    11days and counting! just wondering who thinks the wait is just as much part of the vacation as getting there is.
    My kids count down each day as we get closer and remove a link off the paper chain each night that they made themselves. Even I find the countdown to be as much fun as going, almost to the point that I feel the vacation will be over way too soon when it gets this close.
    i agree
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaps View Post
    Have to agree - the anticipation and excitement as departure day approaches is all part of our Disney vacation experience....but then I get all pessimistic and think we're that much closer to going which means we're that much closer to leaving. Of course that thought quickly passes as we pass thru those WDW gates!!
    March 99 - POFQ
    Feb 04 - WL
    Feb 05 - POLY
    Nov 05 - CB
    Oct 06 - POLY
    Nov 07 - POLY/BC
    Nov 08 - BC
    Mar 10 - WL
    Nov 10 - POR-Riverside
    Apr 12 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 13 - POR
    Jan 14 - WL
    Nov 14 - POR-Riverside
    Mar 16 - POLY
    Aug 17 - POLY
    Aug 18 - BC

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the anticipation is almost as enjoyable as the vacation itself. As we near departure day, I tell my DD9 a "Day-at-Disney Story" each night before I kiss her goodnight. I put as much detail -- from the time we wake up, to what each of us is eating for breakfast -- into the story. As we get closer, she gets more and more excited. I do, as well. Sometimes she asks, "Is this going to be a real day? Or is this a made-up day?" Once we're down I single digits, it's almost unbearable.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I've got 5 days to go til we leave. It gets hard to wait. But having these last couple of days around Thanksgiving helps because there's so much to do.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

We leave two weeks from tomorrow for and 8-day visit and we can't wait. We do the vacation countdown on the DVC member site. The waiting can be tough, but the anticipation keeps building and building and finally you're on your way.
    I always look forward to driving through the main entrance that first time. That's when I really feel like I'm "home".

Post Thanks / Like

I just gave my dog a bath, telling him it was the last one before I go on my trip! (he will be groomed at the kennel where he is boarding)

Tomorrow, I pack after church!
    Monday, my car gets tires rotated and an oil change and cleaned. I get my hairs done..

Tuesday, it is mani- pedi time and the critters go to the kennel. I pick up my grandkids from school and daycare, I entertain them while their dad sleeps, until midnight! Then we go!

4 days!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3 days

Well countdown is almost over 3 days till POR

Post Thanks / Like

17 days till POR for 10 days!!

Post Thanks / Like

Right now we have 17 days till our trip and I made the paper chain when we were like 60 days out! I definitely agree that the waiting is sometimes a part of the anticipation of leaving for vacation...even though sometimes you just wish you were there already.
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We only have 346 days (ouch) until our next trip, which will be our first with children. We've already started planning, its as much fun as the actual vacation sometimes.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

It is usually panic time for me. In my job, the work goes with you on vacation. I have to try to get as much done as possible to minimize what I have to do while away. We no longer have backups so the hectic work schedule helps with the final countdown.
    1 Week at Wyndham Bonnet Creek 06/17/17 - 06/24/17; 1 Week at Orange Lake Resort 06/24/17 - 06/30/17; 1 week at OKW 12/03/17 - 12/10/17

Post Thanks / Like

THE WAIT!!! I've got 1 day, only 1, to go. And I'm as giddy as a little kid. Just like on that WDW commercial they had about 5 years ago. It's hard to concentrate on work, thinking about all the things I've got to last-minute-pack. I'm shaking from being so nervous. That's when you know it's been too long since the last trip.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

I love the anticipation! It is definitely a big part of the whole trip. I am always happiest when I have a WDW trip to plan and look forward to.
    Enjoy!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: