Quantcast Test Track ? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Test Track ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwallace378 View Post
    I went on yesterday. Don't hate me...but I like the old Test Track better. The pre show "design your car" portion is too in depth and time consuming. There is no truth to the name of the ride anymore. They should've renamed it "Tron". The indoor portion is just all neon lights now and no "testing" at all.
    No hating from me. I'm really afraid I will have the same reaction. I actually enjoyed it the way it was, and I thought the queue and even the music was fun, too. Annoying. But unique and fun. Compared to... meh.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New

The ride is new but was not very exciting IMO. It looks like a scene from TROn dark with black lights. Wasn't very impressed by it

Post Thanks / Like

I can honestly say I'm excited to try it out in person but I don't know what my reaction will be. I have a feeling that I may not like it but it will be different to see the change.
    1/98 - offsite
    4/99 - offsite
    1/00- offsite
    5/03 - offsite
    12/03 - CBR
    12/04 - POP
    4/05 - DLR
    5/06 - POR
    4/08 - POR
    10/09 - POP
    10/11- POP
    12/12 - POP
    1/15 - POFQ
    12/16 - CS / OKW
    1/18 - POP
    9/18 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

We did it on the soft opening day, and we loved it. In fact, it's my son's favorite ride now. It just looks cool and the ride is just as good - only without all the bumps and jolts that give your back fits for the rest of the day.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gator View Post
    ...only without all the bumps and jolts that give your back fits for the rest of the day.
    I'll be excited to try this next year. I hated the bumps and jolts.
    WDW - 99 Off Site
    WDW - 00 C.Springs, Wilderness
    WDW - 01 POFQ, Boardwalk
    WDW - 02 C.Beach, POFQ, AK Lodge
    WDW - 04 Riverside
    WDW - 05 C.Springs
    WDW - 07 Riverside
    WDW - 11 C.Beach
    WDW - 12 POFQ
    WDW - 14 Riverside
    WDW - 15 POFQ
    WDW - 19 Wilderness
    WDW - 20 C.Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default test track

Everyone write to Disney guest services, we must get the old test track back, the new one is horrible. The only way to change it is to write letters.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a shame how much they ruined this ride, there is no entertainment factor at all anymore. Def the worst thing they've done in a long time!
    Sep '15 - VWL/3 night Cruise on Dream
    Jan '15 - BLT and Vero Beach
    Jan '14 - Disneyland Hotel
    Sept '13 - AKL
    Jun '13 - Pop Century
    Dec '12 - Saratoga Springs
    Feb '12 - Port Orleans FQ
    '10 - AS Music
    '08 - Pop Century
    '05 - Contemporary
    '03 - Carribean Beach
    '96 - offsite
    '95 - offsite

Post Thanks / Like

It is a matter of taste. I have 2 boys and we only did the old Test Track once, " too lame". We will try it again, just in case.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Another "JIYI" fiasco?
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Test Track Refurb

As many may notice the NEW ride is terrible and there is NO testing of a car at all. With all the time Disney had to remake this ride all they did was to add some black light and place plywood trees around the track. The design area takes a long time and it has NO effect on the ride at all, so go through the fast pass line save yourself the time.The track is the same as the old ride but where you go into the " heat lamps" and the "cold chamber" it is empty and dark, in the old "cold chamber" area you can see a fake jet of smoke going over the car but thats it. This refurb is the worst thing I have seen in a long time, and the show room is terrible as well, I bet Chevrolet will lose business because of it. The old show room was so cool with the music and displays, but the new on is just bad. Please anyone that reads this forum write to disney guest services [email protected]
    maybe if enough people write to disney they will change the ride, either back to the way it was or change the new one.

Post Thanks / Like

We did the ride on the official opening day... It was okay, but we love the original ride better. Its not a ride I would rush back to do now....
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down - DH and I weren't impressed at all, BUT the boys 6&8 loved it.

It felt like they just painted everything a dark colour and added neon to it - the transport truck was the absolute cheesiest of all - FAIL!

The boys loved the interaction at the end of the ride, but there were lines for some of the computers and some of the computers weren't working at all.

Disappointment, we expected SO much more from Disney and GM.
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by troy0228 View Post
    As many may notice the NEW ride is terrible and there is NO testing of a car at all. With all the time Disney had to remake this ride all they did was to add some black light and place plywood trees around the track. The design area takes a long time and it has NO effect on the ride at all, so go through the fast pass line save yourself the time.The track is the same as the old ride but where you go into the " heat lamps" and the "cold chamber" it is empty and dark, in the old "cold chamber" area you can see a fake jet of smoke going over the car but thats it. This refurb is the worst thing I have seen in a long time, and the show room is terrible as well, I bet Chevrolet will lose business because of it. The old show room was so cool with the music and displays, but the new on is just bad. Please anyone that reads this forum write to disney guest services [email protected]
    maybe if enough people write to disney they will change the ride, either back to the way it was or change the new one.
    Welcome to Intercot!

Unfortunately, writing to guest services probably won't force them to change it back right away. People seem pretty divided on the matter and they sunk too much money into this to bend after a few complaints.

But after all the discord, I'm super excited to see this new ride! Everyone seems to have their own opinion and I can't wait to have my own! The video looked pretty neat from what I could tell, but I definitely understand the Tron references!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Main Street Jim View Post
    Another "JIYI" fiasco?
    Uh no. In fact one of the better refurbs I have seen Disney do from start to finish.
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I can see not everyone liking it but I am actually surprised how strongly some dislike it. My mom and I rode it at night and we really enjoyed it. We would have ridden a second time but we needed to get some Christmas shopping done before the park closed.

There is a story but one problem I did notice is sound in our car wasn't great so you could miss it if you were not paying close attention.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: