Quantcast Charging cell phones

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charging cell phones

Any where in the various parks to charge cell phones? Cant wait to use iphone apps for Disney but afraid battery wont last all day and not planning to go back to room during day.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe they have any charging stations and they do not allow you to use the few electrical outlets in stores or restaurants for charging.

We have extra batteries for our Android phones we carry when traveling but with an iPhone you are out of luck since you can't change the battery. That is one of several reasons I do not like iPhones.

Post Thanks / Like

I picked up a portable charger for my iphone. Ran about $20 and fully recharges the phone. Amazon has some different ones in stock. The one I bought is about the size of a roll of pennies and fits easily in my purse. Honestly though, even using the WDW apps I've never drained my battery in a day.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I used the my Disney experience frequently to check wait times etc & didn't have any problems with my battery. That's even answering texts & phone calls from work & using the camera on my phone. Remember to close out any apps you aren't using. That will help.

Post Thanks / Like

You are supposed to be able to leave your phone at Guest Services or the camera store to have it charged if you bring your own charging cable. I have never tried it myself because I don't want to carry my cord with me and risk losing it.

I have an iPhone and I carry 1-2 back up charger/batteries. I have a Mophie charger that you can recharge. I also have an Energizer charger that works with two AA lithium batteries.

If you are an average user just using the app will probably not not run down your battery as long as you close it out when not using it. y mom has never had to charge hers when we are in the park.

I use my phone for the app plus pictures plus video plus tweeting plus texting. I usually charge my phone when it drops to 50-60% and have to do it at least once a day.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the advice. I am an iphone addict

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had any of our phones die on us. And that includes my niece, who is constantly on with her BF.
    But DW and I are both ECV users, and we have re-charged our ECVs many times in any outlet we found. No CM ever said BOO about it.
    PETE FROM NYC
    DISNEY NUT SINCE THE 1950s.
    I AM POOH SIZED AND PROUD OF IT.
    FORGET ABOUT THAT OTHER FAT GUY ON TV.
    I AM THE REAL KING OF QUEENS
    TWELVE TRIPS FROM 1975 - 2007 all by plane
    Drove down 2009,2010,2012,2014.
    DVC since 9/09. We own at BLT.
    Next trip: 11/1 to 11/12. BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Mine dies all the time. I like listening to the radio. I also work in grocery stores and some more than others drain the battery. One time it was dead in 4hrs and I never used it.
    BRENDA

Been to the land of happiness more times than I can count and still going.

Post Thanks / Like

Bring your cord and keep your eyes peeled. I charged my iPhone in Mexico, just as you enter the building turn right and there is a plug in the lower wall. A Margarita might help pass the time. In the MK I charged at Cosmic Rays.. By the fixin' bars there are outlets on some of the post and more outlets in the back hall by the washrooms. Also some of the tables at Pecos Bills had outlets in the walls.. There are more out there. Christine seemed to know of a few others.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a portable battery pack that can charge my iphone at least 4 times from 20% to full charge before the battery needs charged. I got it from Amazon.

I heard a while back that some lockers where to add in cables to charge the various types of phones, including iphones. I haven't heard if this actually happened.
    Kathy ºoº

LET'S GO BUCS!

Next trip - June '14

Past trips:
    6/13, 4/13, 7/12, 7/11, 1/11, 8/10, 7/09, 3/09, 8/08, 8/07, 12/06, 9/05, 7/03, 7/98, 5/96, 8/93, '70's X 2

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for a battery powered charger. I got one for under $10 and it works like a charm.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kakn7294 View Post

I heard a while back that some lockers where to add in cables to charge the various types of phones, including iphones. I haven't heard if this actually happened.
    Now THAT would be a really cool idea!

Post Thanks / Like

There are outlets here and there around the parks if you are willing to search. My favorites are Electric Umbrella (huge columns in the indoor seating area right across from MouseGear), Pecos Bill (outside) and also one I found down in the Splash area.

That said, I now have three extra batteries and normally don't need the outlets, unless I'm doing heavy tweeting.

Post Thanks / Like

So the next book written for Disney World won't be "Where to Find Hidden Mickeys" but instead "Where to Find Hidden Outlets, an iPhone User's Guide to The WDW Resort!"

Sorry, I just found it funny!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I use my iPhone for pictures and video, tweeting and texting, and more, so it never makes it to the end of the day. I'm finally asking for a back up charger for Christmas! Good to know about all these outlets, though. During Food and Wine Festival I used the Chase Visa lounge in the old Wonders of Life pavilion for charging. Not sure if that is still open now that the festival is over.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    So the next book written for Disney World won't be "Where to Find Hidden Mickeys" but instead "Where to Find Hidden Outlets, an iPhone User's Guide to The WDW Resort!"

Sorry, I just found it funny!
    Now that's funny!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

DBF and I brought in chargers once, but we hated finding a place and then waiting for it to charge up.

I usually just turn mine off and when his dies, I turn mine on. Usually both don't die in that time frame. People know to call one or the other in case there is an emergency and we've gotten pretty good at sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

There are outlets here and there, but you should consider buying a portable charger to carry with you.

My phone dies in about 6-7 hours of heavy use.

I need to buy a portable charger...
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Think I'll take my charger with me and see how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a portable battery pack as well that allows you to charge your phone works quite well and if you buy a longer USB cord you can use your phone while it's charging.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: