Quantcast Fastpass+

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Fastpass+

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fastpass+

(This might be better off in rumors/news so feel free to bump me!)

In my haze of checking emails when I got up this morning I had one from Disney Destinations inviting me to be part of a "new" experience on my trip in ten days. The email was an invitation to test Fastpass+. Has anyone else gotten this?

Needless to say I decided to give it a shot. Since I plan what parks we'll be in each day it wasn't difficult.

I was given the option to select 3 attractions on a single day in HS and 4 attractions in MK on a different day. Days offered were limited and did not encompass my whole 9 day trip.

I started with HS, choose a day (conveniently one of the mornings we were going there anyway was listed) and was given a list of attractions from which I could choose 1 and then an additional list of attractions from which I could choose 2. In the first group I quickly choose Toy Story Mania, the second group I took the Great Movie Ride and Tower of Terror. It then takes you to a screen with 4 prearranged groups of times. You have 30 minutes to decide on which grouping you want. Times ranged from a half hour after park opening to park closing and like regular fastpass you are given an hour window, non overlapping for each attraction. I went with morning hours and was quite pleased to get a 10AM fast pass for Toy Story Mania without a mad dash to the back of the park at opening.

Then moved to picking my MK times. This time the day we had planned on visiting wasn't listed, I choose one day I wouldn't mind swapping around but I wasn't 100% sure we'd actually use these. Again attractions were split up, this time I was allowed 4 attractions. Also interesting "preferred" viewing spots for the parade and fireworks were listed as options as well as character meets. We aren't big parade people and have tickets to the Christmas party the same night so I opted out of these.

I went with Enchanted Tales with Belle, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh and Buzz Lightyear. Having the two new attractions included (and only a few days after the grand opening) means we may end up using these after all. Played with the 4 times options and found one for all 4 fastpasses in the AM hours.

Received a follow up email that I will be mailed my passes within the next few days.

I'll report back as to how it works out! I know there was some debate going on with Intercotees when the rumors of this system started. I wasn't thrilled initially but I can now say after having the option to secure a ride on Toy Story Mania without the craziness of getting a fastpass as well as a spot on the two new attractions at MK without worrying about waits, I may be swayed. We'll see how they work in person in a few days!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Wow, that sounds really cool better go check my email as well, we're 9 Days out ourselves.
    Your SPECIAL DAY is almost here!
    See y'all at DISNEY!
    1972- FW 1st WDW trip/Dad
    73-79 WDW Cast(Water Craft)
    1980 - 2005 - FW,ASM, PO,Poly
    Sept 28-Oct 6, 2007 - DW 50th
    Sept 6-19, 2009 ASM Calypso 25th Annv.
    Sept 23-Oct 1, 2011. Calypso w/Dash, his 1st Disney Trip
    Dec 9-19, 2012Christmas
    Oct 2-14, 2013 ASM
    Sep13-24. 30th Anniv. Sports

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I just saw an article that Disney may be announcing more details about advance attraction scheduling around the beginning of the year.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Let us know how it works for you and ENJOY your trip!

Wondering if they will keep it for Magical Express users only??? We usually go to town car route because we don't want a 3-4 hour delay in receiving our bags.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

See I am a person who rarely decides what park I am going on a particular day of my trip so not sure this will really benefit me too much if this is how the new system is going to work.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    See I am a person who rarely decides what park I am going on a particular day of my trip so not sure this will really benefit me too much if this is how the new system is going to work.
    I generally have a plan but have been known to change park plans upon arrival or at whim. Or to arrive at the park later than I initially thought or leave a park earlier to park-hop or return to my resort. I'm guessing this will really help Disney plan what their "gate" will be like on any given day
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
    Wondering if they will keep it for Magical Express users only??? We usually go to town car route because we don't want a 3-4 hour delay in receiving our bags.
    I'm a little confused? I don't think this has any connection with Magical Express or transportation to Disney World.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I generally have a plan but have been known to change park plans upon arrival or at whim. Or to arrive at the park later than I initially thought or leave a park earlier to park-hop or return to my resort. I'm guessing this will really help Disney plan what their "gate" will be like on any given day
    So according to the FAQ page for the Fastpass + wesbite you can change your reservation any time up to right before using it. There are kiosks in the parks to do so, additionally it can be done anytime online. The closer you wait to make said reservation the less availability is likely.

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    I'm a little confused? I don't think this has any connection with Magical Express or transportation to Disney World.
    Right now it seems like the trial period is only being offered to resort guests who book Magical Express. One of the options if you forget your fastpass card at home, don't get your fastpass card in time, or don't make the ride reservations in advance, is to do so at MCO magical express desk.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcee View Post
    Right now it seems like the trial period is only being offered to resort guests who book Magical Express. One of the options if you forget your fastpass card at home, don't get your fastpass card in time, or don't make the ride reservations in advance, is to do so at MCO magical express desk.
    Ah, I see!! Thanks.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I got this email too, but only for some of the people in my party. ??? We have two reservations (for 2 rooms) but it doesn't list all the names of the people on my reservation? What good does that do? It's not even all of the people on one reservation, its one from 1 room, 2 from the other. I'm confused...
    Kristi

1996-Dixie Landings
    2008-CR
    Dec. 2012- Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and what "preferred seating" for the parade? I've never noticed this on my past trips...
    Kristi

1996-Dixie Landings
    2008-CR
    Dec. 2012- Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

I never received an email about FP+ at all, but about this time last week, I received FP+ information with cards in the mail. It only had 2 passes for my boyfriend and I. I added my mother to the reservation a few weeks back, which appears to have been after the decision time. I called the number on the back of the passes, and it was fixed! My mom was added to the FP+ reservation and I was able to make my selections for MK and DHS.

I have a split stay between BLT and Pop. I only got a packet for my Pop stay, in which I am taking DME back to the airport...

Until yesterday...

I received my packet for my BLT reservation!! I leave Monday, so that is cutting it close. I was able to make selections for DHS and MK again, while there was a different order of selection from my first FP+. Not a big deal.

So, I will be using FP+ for 4 days at 2 parks next week! I think I just got lucky!!!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kg00616 View Post
    Oh and what "preferred seating" for the parade? I've never noticed this on my past trips...
    There will be a roped off section of the parade route that will be designated for FP+ participants. From what I gather, it won't be too large. Last test, it was in front of the castle, so that kind of stinks for those who want to watch parades from there.

This is just a test. By no means does this mean that this will happen once FP+ is in action. No one knows what Disney will do with this system, but arranging actual TIMES to get to rides, and work around existing ADRs was rough. I cannot imagine doing this for EVERY ride you want to do. It is nice for big namers like TSM and the new Little Mermaid attraction, as well as some rides that don't currently have FP that can back up, like GMR or HM.
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kg00616 View Post
    I got this email too, but only for some of the people in my party. ??? We have two reservations (for 2 rooms) but it doesn't list all the names of the people on my reservation? What good does that do? It's not even all of the people on one reservation, its one from 1 room, 2 from the other. I'm confused...
    Call the number on the back of the FP+ cards you were given. They can add those who are on the reservation chosen. I am hearing that this is happening to those who have 2 reservations for one party... Maybe they can help you if you call. Ask for Treasure, she was great and has helped quite a few people, from what I hear.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: