Quantcast really, Disney? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: really, Disney?

Post Thanks / Like

Everything seems to be back online. It's 2:41 p.m. and I just completed my online check-in for Sunday's arrival. I had been trying to do that since Monday, but the system was unavailable. Took about five minutes to get it done today. Hope things are back on track and everyone can return to enjoying their magical vacations.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I feel for the CMs in this situation. They must have to deal with lots of crabbiness through no fault of their own. Here's a time where the cream really rises to the top and the crud sinks to the bottom. Hopefully everyone who's there can mention those CMs who help to make the situation more palatable to their guests.

Quote Originally Posted by A Big Kid View Post
    Even though we paid months in advance for rooms and DDP, we have to pay out of pocket for our meals and we will be reimbursed later.
    Here's the part that to me is the hardest to swallow. Can you imagine any other place in the world where a company would ask you to pay twice for the same thing and tell you you'll get your money back later? It's absurd. At best, it's yet another inconvenience you have to look forward to later to make sure you're reimbursed properly.

Again, I hope it all gets resolved for everyone in the end. I'm about to pop on the system now and check in my family for tomorrow. Crossing my fingers.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I have to say I feel for the CMs in this situation. They must have to deal with lots of crabbiness through no fault of their own. Here's a time where the cream really rises to the top and the crud sinks to the bottom. Hopefully everyone who's there can mention those CMs who help to make the situation more palatable to their guests.
    I hear you. I did not DID NOT take out my frustrations on any CMs. In my view, they were just as much a victim as I was.

A Customer Service Manger called me today. (which was a little spooky because within 5 minutes of entering my room, the phone rang. Obviously, the electronic key told them when I arrived.). We had a convivial conversation in which I told him my frustrations with the system. He apologized and offered compensation for my troubles. I don't feel it is appropriate to disclose what the compensation was, but it was satisfactory to me.

I do hope others in my situation voiced their opinion as well. In recent years, Disney has bitten off way more than they can chew several times ( starting with Test Track, on to EE, this debaucle and more). They need to dial back a little or be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it. We had a couple of issues with our room last year and they offered us compensation without us asking. Nice to hear they're trying to make things right.

Still a couple of hiccups with the system (took four tries to get past the first menu) but I didn't finish the complete check-in -- not because of the system but cause Mom wants to do the whole shebang when she gets there. They're in no hurry on their arrival day. They do want to get park tickets at the resort, trusting that will go smoothly by tomorrow.

Has anyone heard from John? Hope no news is good news in this case.
    Many visits over 35+ years!
    DVC member since 2004 (SSR)

Stayed at: Bay Lake Tower, Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Dolphin, PO Riverside, AS Sports, AS Movies, Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, Aulani, Disneyland Hotel, and Grand Californian.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear they righted the wrong for you and you were happy with their offering...

But Kid, you bring up something I think people are missing with this whole RFID/NextGen roll out... Tracking where you are every minute of the day... Lots of people want to try to say Disney won't be doing this, but let's face it, we know they will be... Sure, they know when we enter our hotel rooms, enter the parks, even where we are dining now... But, do you think they know when we are off property? Eating on I4? At Universal? SeaWorld? And what days we are there? Maybe in their minds since we aren't registering on their radar cause we did not enter the park... But these RFID chips that are in the new room keys or that will be in the bracelets we'll be forced to wear will no doubt be sending radio waves back to let them know where you are at exactly what minute of what day...

Don't think it can happen? Well, read the article about the student suing her school because their student IDs have RFID chips in them altering the school to the exact where abouts of the student...

But, this is a topic for another day.... Hope your trip is a good one Kid...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my goodness! You poor thing. I cannot imagine what my blood pressure would have been had that happened to me. I hate that it happened, and I hope it didn't completely ruin your trip.

I'm glad to hear that you were contacted by Disney and that you are satisfied with the compensation. I hope you can relax a little now and enjoy whatever remains of your trip.

Sending magical thoughts your way!

(Oh, and just my two cents, but this is a forum for Disney fans, right? Who better to voice your frustrations with than us? Better to let some steam off here than to keep it all inside and explode at some random person. I feel your pain, and I'm glad you are venting to us! Of course, management needs to hear all about it too, but sometimes you just want a friend to cry to. We're here for ya!)
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and we are leaving Saturday for WDW. I hope the system is up and running by then! Yikes.

Is it the whole WDW computer system? So, they will have our reservation, right? You just can't make any new ones? We aren't on DDP, so thankfully that won't be an issue. But I do have some dining reservations that I made a while back.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    Oh and we are leaving Saturday for WDW. I hope the system is up and running by then! Yikes.

Is it the whole WDW computer system? So, they will have our reservation, right? You just can't make any new ones? We aren't on DDP, so thankfully that won't be an issue. But I do have some dining reservations that I made a while back.
    As of around noon today, everything seems to be up and running. I seriously doubt you'll have any issues when you get here - at least not these issues.

I DID notice tonight that while the systems are working now, not all the transactions that happened yesterday have actually posted. Dining credits used last night haven't been deducted from the totals yet. Based on comments from the CMs, reconciling all of this is where the real nightmare is going to occur.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

A Customer Service Manger called me today. (which was a little spooky because within 5 minutes of entering my room, the phone rang. Obviously, the electronic key told them when I arrived.). We had a convivial conversation in which I told him my frustrations with the system. He apologized and offered compensation for my troubles. I don't feel it is appropriate to disclose what the compensation was, but it was satisfactory to me.
    So glad everything worked out for you! I know it's been tough (Lord knows I wouldn't be able to pay OOP), but at least they did try and make amends. The corporate side of Disney may be stingy as all get out, but Customer Service has always been what separates Disney from the pack, at least for me.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rnin02 View Post
    Completely agree. How often do you see Amazon go down? Just about never.
    Heck, I am pretty sure Intercot.com is housed in John's basement and it has only been down about 3 times in my time here!
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waymickey View Post
    If this had happened to me I would really be up a creek without a paddle. I budget my vacation very tightly and may not have had extra money to buy the food that I had prepaid on the DDP. Don't misunderstand I would work it out and feed my family but instead of sit downs we would be at the food courts and snack carts. I just wouldn't have the extra money. I would not let it ruin my vacation but I would be dissapointed and upset.

I would think Disney would lose some money with families spending souvenier money, boat rental money and other extras on food.

That's what I'm thinking too....I travel on a budget where I have it figured down to tip money and souvenier money and that's it. I do not possess a credit card and use my check/debit card when it requires I secure with a credit card. If I had ADR's at some nice TS restaurants and was told I couldn't use my meal plan and had to pay out of pocket and get reimbursed, I would not be able to eat in those places. I would be furious because I only get to go to WDW once every few years and a big part of the vacation to me is the TS meals. Yeah, that couldn't be reimbursed. No, the OP is totally in the right to complain here to be told you've got to grin and bear it because Disney uses modern technology would totally tick me off. It seems to me if Disney had to lose money and take everyone's word that they had the dining plan that's what they should do when the error is on their part.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I would have reacted to the CM for making the Bush comment.
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 12-10-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: wording
    Pimpin aint dead.... its just renamed.... Frozen.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah. While we are checking in, the CM starts to talk politics to us right out of the blue. She sees we are from texas and comments to us what a poor job President Bush did. Seriously?
    Woooowwww...
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah. While we are checking in, the CM starts to talk politics to us right out of the blue. She sees we are from texas and comments to us what a poor job President Bush did. Seriously?
    No way! I'm sure she wouldn't have appreciated my immediate opinion about the current state of a certain MK attraction. That's a situation I probably would've gotten the attention of a manager.

And I know what you mean about not feeling the magic over POFQ. We just got back from there after a 10 night stay. Even though it decorated and the resort was beautiful, I just wasn't feeling the magic from the CMs there. It's like it's a different culture there from the rest of WDW.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

A Customer Service Manger called me today. (which was a little spooky because within 5 minutes of entering my room, the phone rang. Obviously, the electronic key told them when I arrived.).
    This is creepy. I had no idea they did this.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: