Quantcast Cars Land in HS?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Cars Land in HS?

Saw this rumor out there.

" confirmed from multiple sources that Disney will officially announce this week that they are bringing Cars Land to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Lights, Motors, Action! and the Backlot Tour will be leveled to make room for an expansion of Pixar Place to include the new land."

Anyone else hearing this? Having never been to Disney Land to see Cars Land I can only think that this is a positive thing if it transpires.
    2008 Oct-POR & BC
    2009 Oct- CS
    2009 Dec- AKL & CRB
    2010 April - Dolphin
    2010 Oct- BWI
    2011 April - POR
    2011 Oct - AKL
    2012 April - Poly
    2012 Oct - AKL & YC
    2013 April - WL
    2013 Oct - AKL
    2014 Jan - CS
    2014 April - YC & POR
    2014 Oct - WL & YC
    2014 Dec - PORFQ
    2015 April - BC

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

That rumor has been going around since last spring, especially when Disney moved the VP who oversaw Cars Land at DLR to WDW. As of yet, though, nothing has come of that rumor. We'll just need to wait and see. From what I've heard I'm not sure they want to bring the whole Cars Land, but maybe parts of it. I'd love to see it, though.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I would love for this to happen. We've had discussions here on Intercot about that. Hoping this will be confirmed. We'll be there in 1 week, so I'll keep my ears open for any rumblings.
    Jodie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strmchsr View Post
    That rumor has been going around since last spring, especially when Disney moved the VP who oversaw Cars Land at DLR to WDW. As of yet, though, nothing has come of that rumor. We'll just need to wait and see. From what I've heard I'm not sure they want to bring the whole Cars Land, but maybe parts of it. I'd love to see it, though.
    We seem to some how get or hear kind of the same information... Let's see how much we jive with this: Latest was (and of course this could have changed again as theme park plans are always changing until things open) only Radiator Springs Racers would make its way over, of course, with the merchandise store... Flo's wouldn't come, neither would the tire ride (Luigi's I believe)... I don't remember what was to become of Mater's... And, I also heard one of the plans included no real rock work, just card board facades... And you wouldn't be in the town of Radiator Springs... You'd be on a movie set where they film the Cars movies... Is this close to anything you heard?

If so, would that even be considered Cars Land?

EDIT: Oh, forgot to add this, do not expect this announced today or any time soon... Not greenlit no matter what other sites want to say their sources said...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DizneyFreak2002 View Post
    Is this close to anything you heard?
    I heard originally that's what they were kicking around, using the excuse it would fit the theme of DHS better as a movie "set." (In reality I think Meg was just being her usual cheap self) However, I understand there has been some considerable pushback against that idea and it's becoming sort of an "all or nothing" battle. Either they transplant Cars Land or they don't do anything. I'm honestly not sure who's going to win it and my friends who have been in on even some of the discussions aren't either.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I'm not too sure Cars Land makes the trip over. I could see Disney keeping CL exclusive to DCA for awhile to get people out there to help its revival. Why? You poured all this money into more or less rebuilding a park and less than a year after opening you announce plans to build a sister land? I'm not saying all the traffic would funnel to HS' version, but I think they want to sit on DCA's successes for the moment for a park that never really has had such a time to shine as now.
    -Andy

Many trips to the world!
    Disney College Program alumnus Aug 2011-Jan 2012 Electric Umbrella in Epcot

Post Thanks / Like

I heard originally that's what they were kicking around, using the excuse it would fit the theme of DHS better as a movie "set." (In reality I think Meg was just being her usual cheap self) However, I understand there has been some considerable pushback against that idea and it's becoming sort of an "all or nothing" battle. Either they transplant Cars Land or they don't do anything. I'm honestly not sure who's going to win it and my friends who have been in on even some of the discussions aren't either.
    To me, all or nothing is the only way to go.. Maybe Burbank steps in again and forces it down their throats... Or, maybe when TDO gets a reshuffling (hopefully soon), something will get done... And JL better have been leading that push back... JL = money, money, money.. Man has power others in Disney wish they had...

If they went with the cheaper version, I'd be done... That would be the final straw for me...

I wish they would leave Cars for DCA and bring WDW more Star Wars though...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy2315 View Post
    Honestly, I'm not too sure Cars Land makes the trip over. I could see Disney keeping CL exclusive to DCA for awhile to get people out there to help its revival. Why? You poured all this money into more or less rebuilding a park and less than a year after opening you announce plans to build a sister land? I'm not saying all the traffic would funnel to HS' version, but I think they want to sit on DCA's successes for the moment for a park that never really has had such a time to shine as now.
    If it comes to WDW, it wouldn't be open for at least 5 years to 6 years... Considering they would have to shut two attractions, knock things down, clear out the land, and start building, the process would take Disney 5 years at least before the area was ready to be open... If they started sometime in 2013, you are talking 2018 at the earliest.. This gives DCA exclusive right for a good 6 or 7 years...

Post Thanks / Like

I know the development & construction of the original Carsland was expensive and took a long time but now they know exactly what they are doing so I can see it taking 2-3 years from start to completion if they really pushed the project & scaled it back a little. Not against Carsland coming coming to DHS howevere I would much rather them spend their time & money developing an expanded Star Wars themed area.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I'd like to see Cars Land in HS, RSR is just a modified version of TT which was just refurbed in Epcot.
    I'd like to see Pixar Place expanded and maybe put in the Monsters Inc. Door coaster (Kukla robot arm concept) or the Incredibles coaster that was rumored for Tomorrowland in MK. I'd be OK if they went with a scaled back concept with Flo's, Luigis, Maters and the rest of the route 66 drag as long as the themeing and details matched the work done in DCA and New Fantasyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    I know the development & construction of the original Carsland was expensive and took a long time but now they know exactly what they are doing so I can see it taking 2-3 years from start to completion if they really pushed the project & scaled it back a little. Not against Carsland coming coming to DHS howevere I would much rather them spend their time & money developing an expanded Star Wars themed area.
    More Star Wars... I'd be in heaven... But, I won't hold my breath...

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else think it sounds strange to build a "set" for a computer animated movie? I would love to see it come to WDW in the exact same version as Disneyland. It looks absolutely awesome!
    First Trip ¨¨*:•
    Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground - June, 1974

Last Trip ¨¨*:•
    Port Orleans/Saratoga Springs - March, 2017

Next Trip ¨¨*:•
    Bay Lake Tower - March, 2018

And about 40 more in between....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewJackson View Post
    Does anyone else think it sounds strange to build a "set" for a computer animated movie? I would love to see it come to WDW in the exact same version as Disneyland. It looks absolutely awesome!
    May get your wish... Rumor has it they are looking into how to incorporate Catastrophe Canyon into Radiator Springs Racers' rock work... Maybe we won't get card board cut outs after all...

Post Thanks / Like

Recycling Catastrophe Canyon seems too sensible . . .

With the acquisition of Lucas, is there no rumor about using anything besides Star Wars? Indiana Jones is a big franchise. The Stunt Show could use some updating as well as the Great Movie Ride, which could be based on the four movies, retaining the original concept of drivers being kidnapped.

Jan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    Recycling Catastrophe Canyon seems too sensible . . .

With the acquisition of Lucas, is there no rumor about using anything besides Star Wars? Indiana Jones is a big franchise. The Stunt Show could use some updating as well as the Great Movie Ride, which could be based on the four movies, retaining the original concept of drivers being kidnapped.

Jan
    Any piece of material you read about Disney buying Lucasfilm, Indiana Jones is always left out of the conversation... They make it sound like Disney only bought Star Wars... A full blown Lucas Land, with more Star Wars and a new Indiana Jones Rides (not a clone from Disneyland but one with new ride innovation) could make for a wonderful addition to DHS...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Janmac View Post
    With the acquisition of Lucas, is there no rumor about using anything besides Star Wars?
    Plenty of rumors but nothing with any legitimacy to it. The Imagineers are kicking around a lot of ideas about how to use the Star Wars property, but nothing set in stone. The one exception is that is seems certain there will be a Star Wars game at DHS similar to sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom or the P&F game at Epcot.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr

Post Thanks / Like

Plenty of rumors but nothing with any legitimacy to it. The Imagineers are kicking around a lot of ideas about how to use the Star Wars property, but nothing set in stone. The one exception is that is seems certain there will be a Star Wars game at DHS similar to sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom or the P&F game at Epcot.
    Which leads me to believe the Star Wars in DAK is WDI/Disney trying to use leverage with Cameron regarding Avatar.... Cause is there is just no way Star Wars fits into DAK...

Post Thanks / Like

May get your wish... Rumor has it they are looking into how to incorporate Catastrophe Canyon into Radiator Springs Racers' rock work... Maybe we won't get card board cut outs after all...
    Are they really looking to clone RSR here? Doesn't WDW already have a new Tronned up version in TT? I was hoping for Radiator Springs with a different E-Ticket (Cars 2 themed ride?) This would at least make the 2 US parks different in some fashion. I know Universal is doing this with most of their attractions (Transformers, Potter, Simpsons) but Disney should be a leader, not a close-follower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roger's #1 Fan View Post
    Are they really looking to clone RSR here? Doesn't WDW already have a new Tronned up version in TT? I was hoping for Radiator Springs with a different E-Ticket (Cars 2 themed ride?) This would at least make the 2 US parks different in some fashion. I know Universal is doing this with most of their attractions (Transformers, Potter, Simpsons) but Disney should be a leader, not a close-follower.
    From anything that has been leaked, said, and posted online, it seems the plan calls for a clone of Radiator Springs Racers, possibly Flo's diner, along with the Monsters Inc door coaster and a Ratatouille ride... How legit these plans are, can't tell you... Either way, doesn't sound like anything has been greenlit yet so plans can change again... And yes, card board cut outs and placing you on the working Cars set is/was one of the plans they had for this area...

Post Thanks / Like

along with the Monsters Inc door coaster and a Ratatouille ride...
    Well... at least the Monster's Inc ride will be unique. I'm assuming they will clone the Ratatouille ride from DS in Paris (geez, its not even done and they are already looking to make another one?)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: