Quantcast what's the deal with Peter Pan?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default what's the deal with Peter Pan?

Why is the line so crazy? we waited close to 90 minutes tonight and just can't figure it out. we only waited because its DS's first trip and he really, really wanted to ride. they were letting about 50-70 fastpass riders go for every 2-4 regular. is that a normal ratio?
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's because of the way they implement Fastpass at this ride. Fastpassers appear to have 100% priority on this attaction. You can stand in the Stand-by line forever.
    It's been that way for years.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

It was the same at rock n roller coaster and soarin. They would let 60 fast passers for every two regular riders. Someone started yelling at the cm, in which he responded, I'm working my ratios. So by my math they let 30 fast pass to every one stand by.
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16
    BWV = Jan. 20-28 '17
    BWV = Jan. 26-Feb. 3 '18

Post Thanks / Like

FastPass ratio *at any attraction* is supposed to be....SUPPOSED to be....80 FP/20 standby. I know, I know...a LOT of CMs don't follow that ratio. But that's what they're supposed to be trained. My FP/Standby lines *never* got backed up...LOL
    Former WDW Magic Kingdom Cast Member (2001-2010): Main Street Parades/WDWRR Engineer/Conductor; Frontierland Attractions; Tomorrowland Attractions

Last: Sep '14 (Coronado Springs)
    Next:Oct 2015: MNSSHP

Have you ever dreamed the dreams of the children...?

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pan is the one ride that we ALWAYS Fast Pass, since the line moves SO SLOWLY!!

Part of it is that it is a cute ride that most people want to to ride, and since you can't increase capacity, to keep the FP line moving, you have to let a lot of them in.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It's such a slow loader, regardless of FP or not.

Post Thanks / Like

This why I think this ride needs to be redone. Build a bigger and faster loading ride vehicle.
    My Disney Homes Away From Home!

Caribbean Beach Resort - 1996, 2021
    All-Star Movies Resort - 2001
    Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - 2004
    All-Star Sports Resort - 2005, 2018 - 2019
    Disney Wonder - 2005
    Pop Century Resort - 2006, 2017
    Animal Kingdom Villas - 2013
    Coronado Springs Resort - 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Peter Pan's long lines are due to it's low rider capacity. Most of the old Fantasy Land dark rides have a low rider capacity causing them to develop long lines.

It's best to ride these rides first thing when the park opens, or to use a fast pass.

Another good time to ride is during the fireworks or parades.

The fast pass to stand by ratio is higher with these rides to ensure the fast pass guests do not have to wait unusually long periods. A long fast pass wait would defeat the purpose of the reserving the ride with fast pass.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at DL a month ago, even tho the line seamed to be as long, it moved twice as fast, or maybe even faster, than at WDW. The main difference I noticed was no one entering with fastpasses. I noticed that on several rides, the lines seemed to move better because they did not have people entering with fastpasses. I will even say that on some rides, like Peter Pan, the fastpass line kills it.
    Foshe's
    Aug 2-11, 2014
    Sept 21-26, 2013no kids allowed
    June 2-9, 2012
    dec 20-26,2009
    July 11-17 2009, DEC21-25 2008,
    July 13-18 2008, Aug 6-10 2007
    July 2006/ French quarter
    July 2005/ Yach club
    July 2004/ POP (familys first trip)

Post Thanks / Like

We hardly ever ride Peter Pan becasue of the wait. It is not worth it and it is not worth the use of a fast pass.
    BKJ

Wilderness Lodge May '13
    FW Campsite Jan '13
    FW Cabins May '11
    FW Campsite Dec '10
    Offsite Nov '10
    FW Cabins May '10
    FW Cabins Dec '09
    FW Cabins May '09
    FW Campsite Dec '08
    FW Cabins May '07
    Swan Dec '06
    FW Cabins May '06
    Offsite June '99
    FW Campsite Aug '79
    Contemporary '76

Post Thanks / Like

Our last trip in October was the first time we did not get to ride Peter Pan. The line was crazy long and no fast passes - missed it!
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

The capacity and load time make this one a tough one. If I can get back to Fantasyland first thing in the morning, I'll hop in line, but that almost never happens. It's a cute ride, but not worth
    45 mins in line!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
    We hardly ever ride Peter Pan becasue of the wait. It is not worth it and it is not worth the use of a fast pass.
    i agree
    Rob
    2/90 - Fort Wilderness Cabin
    2/92, 94, 98 - Beach Club
    2/96 - Dixie Landings
    2/99, 00 - All Star Sports
    5/05 - Pop Century
    5/07 - Coronado Springs
    8/08 - Beach Club Villas
    4/10 - Wilderness Lodge Villas
    8/12 - Disneyland (offsite)
    11/13 - Beach Club Villas

DVC Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    It's such a slow loader, regardless of FP or not.
    Mel got it!

Huge part of the problem is the ride is such a slow loader... Add in 1970 technology, a mildew smell, and antique show scenes, well, Peter Pan is kind of a mess that needs some MAJOR overhauling.. And I don't mean one of those interactive queue...

Perfect opportunity to have fixed Peter Pan was with new Fantasyland... Should have added in Neverland to the northern portion of Storybook Circus (where Pixie Hollow was due to go)... Could have had Skull Rock (or what ever it was called) to be the facade of a show building and bring Peter Pan to the 21st Century...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

This ride was always a walk-on during off peak times of the year, until the start of FastPass. It may be a slow loader, but FastPass is the problem here. This ride is FastPass implemented at it's worse.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Well, of course I am a little prejudiced (thus my Intercot name) but one of the reasons this attraction is always lined up....it's WONDERFUL! Yes, it's dated. Yes, it's slow. It's also - CLASSIC! I love the smell. I don't mind waiting - even if it only lasts 3 or 4 minutes. It takes you to Neverland. It took me to Neverland when I was 19. It took muy wife and I to Neverland on our Honeymoon. It took all four of our girls to Neverland when they were babies, children, youth, and adults. Now, it's taking their children to Neverland (got to ride it with my grandson just last January - WHAT A THRILL!) FastPass has complicated things, for sure, but.....it's STILL worth it!
    "I wanted something alive, something that could grow. Something I can keep plussing with ideas. You see? The park is that. Not only can I add things but even the trees will keep growing. The thing will get more beautiful every year."

Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

I will admit I enjoyed it, and I loved pointing out everything to my DS, but to me it was not worth the 80-90 minute wait, and watching almost 4 mins worth of fast pass people go through while we were told to "wait just a second". Yes, we timed it, because at that point we were beyond frustrated with the wait and the way the line was being handled, and had great visions of letter writing once we got home (which hasn't happened yet, lol). There was a man ahead of us in line who actually got very belligerent, very loud and very rude with the CMs about the wait and the incredibly unfair ratio of fast pass to standby riders, and while I didn't agree with his methods, honestly he had a very valid point. But lesson learned, grab a fast pass early for this one! or avoid it so your kid doesn't ask for it
    September 2004: CBR...dodging Hurricanes successfully!
    September 2005: CBR again and again dodging Hurricanes with success!
    September 2006: AKL, our honeymoon, just awesome!
    September 2007: POR, anniversary celebration! was awesome:)
    December 2012: First trip with the 4 year old, yay:)

Post Thanks / Like

This line to me always seems crazy, even in non-peak travel times. It's one of our favorites, but we only ride now if we can get fastpasses. I don't think I have seen the line in recent years with less than a 45 minute wait. And that queue line- deceiving from the outside but goes way back on the side.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I skipped it in decades. Actually I think I only entered once, in 1973. But I went again in 2012, and I did enjoyed it. It's not a great ride, I couldn't understand why it's so crowded (probably because of the movie), but it's far better than the Pooh or Snow White. It's actually beautiful.
    September 1973
    August 1988
    November 1990
    May 1993
    April 1996 (Disneyland)
    October 1999
    October 2002 (Disneyland)
    March 2003
    December 2009
    July 2011
    March 2013
    January 2017
    November 2018

Post Thanks / Like

You guys think this is a slow loader, you should try Peter Pan in Disneyland!

I hit it as one of my first stops of the morning (before official opening with 8am entry) and it still had a wait because it loaded about half as fast as the WDW version!
    Contemporary 1977
    Disneyland Hotel 1979
    Polynesian 1980
    Trips between '80-'93
    Offsite - 2000 (First with DW)
    Pop Century - April '08
    Wilderness Lodge - Jan '10
    Pop Century -1st WDW Marathon - Jan '11
    Wilderness Lodge -2nd WDW Marathon - Jan '13
    Disneyland - 1/2 and Halloween - Sep & Oct '15

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: