Quantcast Disney wedding

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Disney wedding

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney wedding

I am trying to gather info on the process of weddings at Disney. Does anyone have any insight for me? I will appreciate any positive or negative input. I am clueless at this point. I am open to both a public forum and you can pm me if you would prefer.

Thanky you!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the official Disney site for wedding information.

Disney weddings can be quite pricey - even for small weddings. I'd suggest doing a search on the Trip Reports forum as well as the Vacation Planning and Accommodations forums as discussions about planning Disney weddings have taken place there in the past. I know there are a few Intercottees who have had Disney weddings so I'm sure they'll be along shortly to talk about their personal experiences.

Good luck with your planning!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

First, check out the main Disney Weddings website. They';ll assign someone to work with you.

The advantages/disadvantages are pretty simple and straightforward. Advantages - you get about the most magical wedding possible. Disney pulls out all of the stops.

Disadvantage - It's incredibly, unbelievably expensive - even the "cheapest" option. As a pastor and counselor I will give you this bit of pre-marital advice - do NOT go into debt over a wedding. If you can pay for it without debt, great. Otherwise, look for another option.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I'll confirm, save your pennies. Disney will never say no we can't do that, they answer with a price quote.

I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. It really was perfect, and while probably cookie cutter to the folks at Disney Weddings, it was not even fair to compare against weddings at our local places.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I am allowed to post this here, but Passporter has a Disney Wedding and Honeymoon guide with insider info. If you purchase the e-book, you will be notified with things change or are updated, free of charge. I've learned quite a bit of the insider info, as I am looking to do a Disney Escape Wedding. The info in the book is from 2012, and there will be an update for 2013 soon, as I have researched that Disney has the 2013 options ready, just not really released.

I hope this helps you. Disney's wedding website makes things appear so easy. I'm finding out that it isn't as easy as it looks, but probably less hassle than doing it all myself!

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding! Maybe we can help each other plan
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

We had a wonderful Disney wedding! I highly recommend it. It isn't really that much more expensive than a local wedding (comparing apples to apples, that is). We actually paid LESS at WDW than we would have in Southern CA for a similar affair.

I agree not to go into debt for it, but if you can afford the price tag, it's a wonderful and unique place to get married.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Brergnat, which wedding did you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disney obsessed View Post
    Brergnat, which wedding did you have?
    We had a custom wedding in 2001. Kind of different from the current "packages". Back then they only had two choices.

We had about 35 people total. Quite small, but we went all out and let Disney handle everything. Came in just around 10k total.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Where did you hold your wedding and reception? What time of day was it?

Post Thanks / Like

Our wedding was at noon at the Wedding Pavilion. Our reception was at Ariel's at the Beach Club.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: