Quantcast Most Kid Friendly Places--3 year old

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Kid Friendly Places--3 year old

Hi! My wife and I are taking our 3 year old daughter to WDW in late June 2013. I was wondering, in everyone's opinions, what the most kid friendly places to take her to eat would be? We are considering Crystal Palace, Cinderella's Royal Table, Cape May Cafe, and Whispering Canyon Cafe right now.

Thanks in advance for any advice given!

--Earl
    CBR - 8/02
    GF-7/03
    POR - 12/03
    AS Movies - 5/05
    PC- 7/06
    July 2007--A day at Downtown Disney and the Magic Kingdom!
    CBR--7/09
    AKL/Kidani Village-7/13
    CBR--7/15
    Beach Club--7/17

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Love Crystal Palace and hate ADRs yet I make one for Crystal Palace every trip. The kids love it. And personally I like the food.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always heard great things about Cape May brunch. We still haven't made it over there, but I hear its great. Also, we took my 2.5 YO son to the character brunch at Ohana, and he loved it. We all loved it, actually. The food was really good, and its got good energy. They even had a little parade around the restaurant that all the kids joined in.

I think I saw you are staying at AKL. We took him to Boma and Sanaa, and he did well at both places. Sanaa is sooo cool...I love the decor and its pretty awesome to look out the window and see zebras right there while your eating. I would skip Jiko unless she is really patient and quiet...its definitely a more upscale atmosphere, and is more "fine" dining and quiet. We decided to wait until he's older for that one...alot older!

I decided not to make too many reservations this trip, just because I didn't want to have to "pressure" him to sit still and be quiet for 2 hours. The only one I made was for San Angel Inn at Mexico, and he LOVES that place. He still talks about eating in the pyramid with the volcano!
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

The breakfast at Tusker house is our favorite for breakfast and Ohana for dinner!!!
    first visIt: November 1973
    next planned visit: October, 2013 with friends
    resident Fairy Godmother

hearts are warmed when friends meet

see ya real soon

~*~*~*disneydeb*~*~*~

Post Thanks / Like

I have done a lot of table service with my kids over the last 6 years and I really haven't found any place that is not kid friendly. Personally I don't like to take my children to most of the signature restaurants. That is because I want to enjoy the experience and the food, and it is a little hard for me with a 4 and 7 year old.

I think the first thing to find out is how your daughter reacts to characters. My kids love them so we have been doing the character meals since they were 10 month.

We have done Crystal Place twice. It is a very kid friendly place, lots of variety on the buffet, okay character interaction and a beautiful atmosphere. We do not do this one very much because my kids are not into Pooh & friends.

We have done Cape May for breakfast and lunch. The breakfast is excellent. Great character interaction. I didn't do this one as much because it does not have Mickey.

Cinderella's Royal Table is the only character meal we have not done simply because I can not make myself pay the price. We have done Akerhus starting when my daughter was 2 and she loves the princess interaction there.

My 2 favorite character meals are Ohana and Tusker House. Ohana breakfast is good and the character interaction is top notch. Tusker House adds some unusually items to the buffets which is great as an adult but still has plenty to appeal to kids.

My kids are used to be extremely picky so buffets were always a good option for me.

Other places they have enjoyed

-Sci Fi Cafe (could be scary for some)
    -PrimeTime
    -Chef Mickey's (Both of my kids adore CM. I think it is overpriced, but we go once a year for them.)
    -Garden Grill
    -Saana
    -Kouzzina (breakfast)
    -Biergarten

Almost forgot, WCC is a no for us because of the noise level. MY kids are not good with noise and did not enjoy the commotion there.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

AgentC nailed it!
    Keneva

---------------------------------
    WDW
    Aug 2022 CR Wing
    Aug 2014 BC & GF Club
    Aug 2012 Swan & Grand Floridian Club
    Aug 2010 Poly LVC
    Aug 2008 Poly LVC
    Aug 2006 CR Club
    Jan 2001 Poly LVC (Honeymoon)
    Oct 1995 Off-site

DL
    1967-69 Several Visits (Green Lantern Motel?)

Post Thanks / Like

Um, well - its Disney World? So pretty much everything is child friendly except Victoria & Albert's (I think the age requirement is 12?)

It rather depends on what kind of food you would like and what kind of experience you're looking for: quick service, table service, character dining or dinner show.

Our children (we have 3: 2 years old, 4 years, and 6 years) generally enjoy the character meals and buffets the best. Family style (Liberty tree) is also a good choice.

My picks: Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace,Boma

Hoop de Doo Revue is an awesome dinner show. The Luau is also fun.
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that there's not much at WDW that isn't kid friendly.

Is your child a picky eater, or will she eat anything? If she's picky, I'd say go places that have a kids menu that appeals to her. Not all the kids menus are the same resort wide, which drives me nuts, but it is what it is.

I'd probably avoid the character meals myself because since she's 3, she has to pay now and there is NO way a 3 year old is going to eat $15-20 (or whatever the going rate is) worth of food at a buffet. Characters are everywhere. You can meet them without the overly inflated price tag of a character meal. I just could never justify the cost of a character meal. We have never done one as a family and have no regrets about that.

Our favorites are Kona Cafe, Big River Grille at the Boardwalk (eating outside provides free entertainment for kids...something fun to look at), and Via Napoli.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the fabulous information!!!!!!
    CBR - 8/02
    GF-7/03
    POR - 12/03
    AS Movies - 5/05
    PC- 7/06
    July 2007--A day at Downtown Disney and the Magic Kingdom!
    CBR--7/09
    AKL/Kidani Village-7/13
    CBR--7/15
    Beach Club--7/17

Post Thanks / Like

I will second CP! It's one of my favorite restaurants on property, and you can't beat the Pooh characters
    Cruises:
    Feb 12-16, 2012 (Dream), Oct 20-27, 2012 (Fantasy Eastern), Sept 8-12, 2013 (Dream) Jan 20-24, 2014 (Magic) Sept 14-18, 2015 (Dream) Sept 25-29, 2017 (Dream) Sept 22-29, 2018 (Fantasy Eastern) Sept 23-27, 2019 (Dream)

Post Thanks / Like

Tusker House
    Chef Mickey
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest 1900 Park Fare. This is by far the most entertaining character meal, they really interact with the guests and the food is great. If I were you, I'd would skip WCC though. Food has gone way downhill and I think a 3 year old won't enjoy this as much as a character meal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: