Quantcast branson mo question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default branson mo question

from websites it appears that most of what to do in branson is shows and attractions. Is there enough free stuff to do there to keep us entertained for 5 days? or will we have to come up with a higher budget to do a bunch of shows and stuff? I was thinking that branson would be like Gatlinburg/Smokies.. with the mountains and such that cost nothing. What are some not to miss shows/attractions?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think there's enough free stuff for 5 days. Definitely not like Gatlinburg with the mountain trails. If you like to shop there's some of that, and I guess you can window shop for free, but it's mostly shows and eating.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

The main draw to that area is fishing in Table Rock Lake (bass) or Lake Tanycomo (trout). The Shepard of the Hills Passion Play is also nearby.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

As previous posters have stated there is not enough stuff for 5 days.

They do have Silver Dollar City amusment park which is a good day event and Celebration City amusment park, and White Water water park.

These do cost as well as a number of cave tours.

In the surrounding area they have a number of civil war battle grounds for tour, I think for free as well as the Bass Pro Shop which is in Springfield that is about 35 miles north of Branson.

I would check the Chamber of Commerce web site for Branson for recommendations.

It is beautiful in and around the area there.

Hope this helps...
    Itchy for another trip

Caribbean Beach 1989, 90, 92
    All St Movies 1999, 04, 05, 11
    All St Sports 2006
    Pop 2007, 08 x2, 09 x2, 10, 12 x2,13,14,15,16,17,18,2021,23
    POR 2010 x2, 11
    Coronado Springs 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Agree that there's not much to do for free except certain Table Rock Lake activities. Most of the rest of the town is tourist oriented with tons of shows and roadside attractions, which can get expensive very quickly. Silver Dollar City is a wonderful theme park, but it can be expensive for a single day. Note that the Celebration City amusement park has been closed for many years. There is a water park and combination tickets with Silver Dollar City are available. Note that the Passion Play is in near by Eureka Springs Arkansas, while Shepard of the Hills is an outdoor stage show outside of Branson based on the novel of the same name. Eureka Springs would make a great and low cost day trip with lots of art galleries and historic areas, parking can be difficult.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replies. Now I don't know what to do. My husband and I are celebrating 20 years in November and want to do something nice. Branson is a place we'd never been and we'd heard nice things about it. Doesn't Route 66 run thru or near it? Anyone ever travel it? I couldn't find it on the atlas my husband has.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: