Quantcast new website

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: new website

Post Thanks / Like

Default new website

Is anyone else out there having trouble with the new website? I can't seem to get very far and feel like I am going in an endless circle. Also it seems to freeze or not respond every few pages. What's up or am I the only one?

I am trying to price out a vacation for august but I get so frustrated I give up. I want to get an online price before I call becasue in the past if the online price was cheaper the CM on the phone always gave the lowest tprice for the Vacation.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Cruise Disney Wonder 2006
    Wilderness Lodge, 04, 06, 08, 10
    Allstar Movies 02
    Allstar Sports 96. 98, 00
    Offsite 2015 x2, 90,89, 85

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

The website has been a little screwy. They're still working out the bugs. If want the best price, though, you'd be much better off getting in touch with Magical Journeys. Especially since August discounts haven't been released yet.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

It is awful. I am having the same issues. I've never had issues with the websites before. I also do not like that you can't see the different photos of the resorts, the lobby, pool etc.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

Post Thanks / Like

I agree it has been really bad lately. I have especially had trouble with the Annual pass discount rooms etc. I have been hoping it is just because of how busy it has been with the holidays and announcements and such. Hope it gets better soon as it is almost time to start making reservations!
    My first home is in Coastal Georgia, 30 feet from the saltwater marsh, and 3.5 hours from WDW!My second home is the Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort!CR,Poly,GF,BC,BW,WL,AKL,Dolphin,Swan,DL,CSR,POFQ,C BR,POP,AS,Vero.

Post Thanks / Like

The only time I can get onto the website is during the day. Otherwise it just freezes, or continuously loads

Rose

"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly" - Lauren Bacall

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, lots of freezing and super-slow! However, they must be working on it almost non-stop because a couple nights ago, I was making reservations and printing off each page with the reservation number on it and I couldn't get them to print out nicely on one page without tweaking each one myself. The next morning, I made another reservation and it printed nice and neat on one page without my help at all. Crossing my fingers for more improvements.

It hasn't been easy to find things either. I guess it just goes along with learning the new format and, hopefully, we’ll get used to it. But I still want it FASTER!!!

Maria
    1980?–DL,1988 – DL,Nov. 2002(off-site),Oct.'04 WL, Oct.'07 WL,Feb. '09 Poly, Feb.'10 Poly,Dec. 2010 Contemp., April '11 DL. Sept.'11-Poly, Dec.'11-Yacht Club , June '12- POFQ,Aug. 2012-Disneyland ,Oct. 2012 I-15 BC NEXT UP: April 2013- The Disney Fantasy Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

I have the page opened right now in another window and it is frozen on the first freaking page. It is so frustrating I am at work and it does not matter what time I try it is always slow or frozen. Not to mention since I haven't got past the first page or so I haven't really figured out how to navigate the site. I have never used magical journeys but it may be a first. I have pin numbers, is Magical Journeys able to work with those?
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Magical Journeys can use the pin codes for you.

Not sure what's going on with the website. The last 2-3 days it's actually been working perfect for me, finally. Even this morning. No problems at all. Loads quickly and has all the info. However, I did have a problem 4 days ago where a glitch in the system accidentally deactivated my account. I spoke with a CM at Disney tech support to fix the problem and she said the website glitches were being worked out as quickly as possible. They probably shouldn't have released it quite yet.
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for Magical Journeys. They are the best! You can still use pin codes, and if something comes along to save you more, they will apply it for you! So nice to work with!

Back to the original question, yes the new website is awful! I have been trying to do online check in for 5 days. I get one step into it, and the site freezes. I'm giving up, but I'm going to be sure to give my 2 cents when I can. For a multi billion dollar company to have a website that doesn't work on this grand of a scale is shameful!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

I have been on the website now for about an hour and still no progress. I just want to price a vacation so I have an idea of the ballpark figure I need to make it work. But I can't get past put in your dates and number of adults. It freezes and when it finally does load it loses the dates. When that works it gives me price per night just for resort I ask for package price and it freezes again. It finally loads and oh what's that back to start page and sqaure one. FRUSTRATING!!!!!
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's your browser??? I know it's been touch and go for a lot of people. It's been working fine for me also. I was even able to finally use the online check-in the other day finally!
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it is the browser, but it could be. I just wish it would work and not cause me to go bat freaking nuts trying to just price the vacation.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel. My blood pressure goes up each time I try to make a dining reservation or link my hotel reservation to my smart phone app.

I'm sure that they are working to get all of the problems fixed, but when you have to get a dining reservation in by a certain date or you miss out, it's super annoying. I know I could call, but that is more time consuming for me. Just easier to hop on the computer whenever I have a few minutes.

Oy. I suppose if this is my biggest problem today I'm lucky, but !!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Website

I agree - I don't like it
    * 2003 - Beach Club
    * 2004 - Downtown Disney
    * 2004 - ASS
    * 2005 - ASS
    * 2006 - Disneyland
    * 2008 - CSR
    * 2009 - CSR
    * 2010 - Beach Club
    * 2012 - CSR - (2)
    * 2013 - POP
    * 2013 - ASM
    * 2014 - Pop (2)
    * 2015 - CSR
    * 2017 - POP
    * 2019 - POP
    * 2020 - POP
    * 2021 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Ok I gave up on the website and tried calling and was on hold for over 30 minutes before I hung up.
    I get the feeling that Disney doesn't want me to visit this summer.
    Disney Cruise 2017
    AKL 2016
    PORR 2015
    Beach Club 2013
    POP Century August 2011
    Disney Cruise Dream 2011
    Allstar Movies 02

Share This Thread On Social Media: