Quantcast no more "no expiration" tickets for sale?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default no more "no expiration" tickets for sale?

The DW website does not give you the "no expiration" option. Has it gone away?
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't see this option on the Disney site either. I had heard a rumor they were going to do away with the no-expiration option but had not heard they had operationalized this. I don't know whether this is an oversight on the Disney site or they are no longer offering this option.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

They still have them on the sponsor's site.

Edit: I just tried and was given the option to choose non-expire.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly you can still get the option if you call...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to call, you still get the option to add no expiration on the Disney website just check the box.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    You don't have to call, you still get the option to add no expiration on the Disney website just check the box.
    It's not an option on the "new" My Disney Experience site.

It says: All ticket days must be used within 14 days of first use.

The only options you can add are:

Park Hopper Option

Water Park Fun and More Option

Or, both of the above.

The No Expiration option is gone.

I had heard they were phasing these out. They don't like losing money when people purchase these and use them over multiple trips. Disneyland's park hopper tickets have always expired 14 days from first use. It's not new to Disney, just WDW.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I didn't know they were talking about the my Disney experience site, I thought when they said the DW website they meant the Disney website.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I didn't know they were talking about the my Disney experience site, I thought when they said the DW website they meant the Disney website.
    Can you still access the old WDW site? I can't.

When I type in www.waltdisneyworld.com, it sends me to the new site. I have no option to go to the old one...

Maybe that's the difference in tickets offered.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

I type in www.disney.com and it takes me to the site old site I guess where you can still buy tickets with the no expiration option. I didn't even know about the new site. It does have a button on the top of the website you put to take you to disney.com then if you click parks and travel, then price my vacation, it takes you to the old way to buy tickets and get rooms.

Post Thanks / Like

I type in www.disney.com and it takes me to the site old site I guess where you can still buy tickets with the no expiration option. I didn't even know about the new site. It does have a button on the top of the website you put to take you to disney.com then if you click parks and travel, then price my vacation, it takes you to the old way to buy tickets and get rooms.
    You found the loophole! Honestly, that is really screwed up. When I did it, it redirected me to the MOBILE site, and then I had to click on "book your WDW vacation" and THEN I was able to see the old ticket page.

However, seeing those prices...jeez! People really pay $27/day to add on the no expiration??? That's insane! On a 10 day hopper, that's almost as much as the base ticket price...
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post

However, seeing those prices...jeez! People really pay $27/day to add on the no expiration??? That's insane! On a 10 day hopper, that's almost as much as the base ticket price...
    That's what I thought when I looked at the 10 day tickets. $338 for a 10 day base ticket and $631 with no expire added that's including taxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I sure miss the old "never expire" feature on all WDW tickets. Those were the days..
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I thought when I looked at the 10 day tickets. $338 for a 10 day base ticket and $631 with no expire added that's including taxes.
    Which is about the price of an annual pass. WDW ticket pricing is insane.

Post Thanks / Like

If your interested in the no exp option, our sponsor The Official Ticket Store still is selling them too. It's almost a $50 savings per ticket and pricing can be found here.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

A friend just told me that another site is reporting this is going away effective immediately...might have to consider buying on from Official Ticket Center now to save for when I don't have the AP. I can see why they are doing it, but it still makes me more than a little crazy.

As much as I love WDW, they are really making it harder and harder on the average family to visit and that makes me really, really sad.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Tinker-Brendie Guest

Default Question about adding a day to a MYW ticket...

Hello, fellow Intercot fans!

I have a question...
    My friend is planning a WDW trip and would like to add one day to each of three seven-day no expiration MYW tickets that have three days left on each ticket. In light of the fact that the "no expiration" feature is going away, can she add one day to a "no expiration" seven-day ticket for the approximately $11 per ticket difference between a standard seven-day and an eight-day MYW ticket? Or must she add one "no expiration" day for almost $38 per ticket?
    Also, is it true that you can add to your tickets at your hotel's guest services?

I love Intercot because I can always count on a thoughtful, informed reply to my questions.

THANK YOU in advance for your reply...

Post Thanks / Like

That new My Disney Experience website is really messed up. I have been trying to use it for over a week to make more ADR's for my trip with no luck. It keeps freezing my computer. URG!!!!

Julie
    º0º emerzmom º0º
    Disney Vacations:
    DL: 81,00,01,02,04,05,06,08
    WDW: 98,99,00,01,02,03(x2),04(x2),05,,07,09,11,12,13(x2 ),14,15,16
    Next trip Nov 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emerzmom View Post
    That new My Disney Experience website is really messed up. I have been trying to use it for over a week to make more ADR's for my trip with no luck. It keeps freezing my computer. URG!!!!

Julie
    Try the mobile site.

m.disneyworld.com

It's not changed over to the "new" site yet. You can make an ADR here easily. You can do it on your smartphone or computer.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker-Brendie View Post
    Hello, fellow Intercot fans!

I have a question...
    My friend is planning a WDW trip and would like to add one day to each of three seven-day no expiration MYW tickets that have three days left on each ticket. In light of the fact that the "no expiration" feature is going away, can she add one day to a "no expiration" seven-day ticket for the approximately $11 per ticket difference between a standard seven-day and an eight-day MYW ticket? Or must she add one "no expiration" day for almost $38 per ticket?
    Also, is it true that you can add to your tickets at your hotel's guest services?

I love Intercot because I can always count on a thoughtful, informed reply to my questions.

THANK YOU in advance for your reply...
    I may be wrong about this, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am, but I do not believe that you can add to ANY ticket once you are past the 14 days from first usage date.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I may be wrong about this, and I am sure I will be corrected if I am, but I do not believe that you can add to ANY ticket once you are past the 14 days from first usage date.
    You can add on to a "no expiration" ticket at any point, as long as, there is atleast one day remaining.

Direct from WDW website.
    Can Magic Your Way tickets be upgraded after they are purchased?

A.
    Yes. Magic Your Way theme park tickets that are valid and unexpired can be upgraded before their first use or within a 14-day window after they are first used. If you have purchased the No Expiration Option, the tickets can be upgraded as long as they have remaining admissions.

Upgrades may include adding more days or adding any combination of options, including:

Park Hopper Option
    Water Park Fun & More Option
    No Expiration Option
    Ticket upgrades must be made in person at any of the following locations at Walt Disney World Resort:

Ticket windows at theme parks and water parks
    Concierge desks at Disney Resort hotels
    Guest Relations at the Downtown Disney Area
    I do not know if Disney axing out no-expiration will have any effect on existing no-expiration that are out there.
    Last edited by TinkerbellT421; 01-15-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added a thought
    ~*~Tonya~*~

1st = 1992
    ASMo = Jan. 6-12 '07
    POP = Jan 5-11 '08
    BWV = Jan 6-16 '09
    BCV = Jan 12-22 '10
    BWV = Jan. 21-29 '11
    BWV = Jan. 21-28 '12
    BWV = Dec. 8-15 '12
    BCV/BWV=Jan. 24-Feb. 1 '14
    BWV = Jan. 16-24 '15
    BWV = Jan. 29-Feb. 6 '16