Quantcast Cozumel

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Cozumel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cozumel

We will be sailing to Cozumel in March from Galveston. Looking for suggestions on what to do (either Disney excursions OR venturing out on our own) when we arrive for our 1 day stop? 2 families with kids ages 9, 10, 12 and 12 (boy).....

Any suggestions are very much appreciated!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We went swimming at Dolpinari(?) One of the highlights of our trip and probably our lives. It is not cheap, i.e. $150 each or maybe a little more. But dolphins are like golden retriever puppies and friendly as can be. I would highly recommend it if you can afford it.

After that was over, my wife and I walked around and looked at all the shops, etc. Everyone was friendly and everyone spoke English. No issues or concerns and what we wanted to see was easily within walking distance.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Both times we went there, we went to Chankanaab National Park. Beautiful beaches and excellent snorkeling!!
    "Girls, come on. Leave the saving of the world to the men? I don't think so."
    - Elastigirl

Post Thanks / Like

What did you end up doing, One2Goofy? Anyone have any other suggestions? I was going to ask this same question. We'll be there in late December with our DD8 and DS5 - DS will have nothing to do with swimming with dolphins, so that's out. Thought about the ruins tour with either the cultural center or beach time, but not sure about the weather for the beach. None of us have ever been to Mexico... thanks!
    CMCTxMom

Next trips - Disney Cruise December 2013; WDW April 2014 offsite

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000
    Multiple trips in the '80s and '90s

Post Thanks / Like

We ended up going to Paradise Beach on our own. We got a cab both ways (tons available). It was a nice place, you had to pay $2/ chair, and then give them around $10/person to put towards food.(if you didn't spend it all, they kept it). Kids bought wrist bands for $12 to use ocean inflatables, snorkeling, kayaks, etc. there is an amazing pool also. Lots of families there when we went. I would definitely go again.

Our second choice was Chankanaab, which I've heard amazing things about....

I was glad we didn't book anything through the cruise line, we spent 1/2 the amount that Disney would have charged. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the Fury catamaran tour in Cozumel. You snorkel off a reef, then go to their little stretch of beach. It was very affordable too!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I really liked the Fury catamaran tour in Cozumel. You snorkel off a reef, then go to their little stretch of beach. It was very affordable too!
    I'm not seeing anything about food being posted about that one - is there lunch available? I'm concerned about my 5 year-old for that length of time. Did you take kids?
    CMCTxMom

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I am trying to figure out excursions for Cozumel as well.
    MarkC how was dolphinari? Was it guaranteed interaction or just in a lagoon with dolphins there as well?
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CMCTxMom View Post
    I'm not seeing anything about food being posted about that one - is there lunch available? I'm concerned about my 5 year-old for that length of time. Did you take kids?
    When you get to the private beach, you can buy a hamburger for $2 or something like that. I didn't eat. On the boat and island, they have free beer or margaritas

My daughter was 11 on that cruise. She was so busy on their inflatable water toys, she didn't sop to eat. You are not there long at all.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks Christine.
    CMCTxMom

Previous trips:
    BC Club level June 2013
    BCVillas Jan. 2013
    DLR - 2010, 2011
    Offsite-2007
    CSR-2006
    Offsite DLR, CA-2003
    Disneyland Paris - 2001
    Beach Club - 2000

Post Thanks / Like

Default Museo De Cozumel

We decided to stay in Cozumel and do some shopping and poking around. We walked down to the Museo De Cozumel and loved it!! It is a small museum with info on ship wrecks, coral, and Mayan life. It doesn't take too long to visit -- maybe an hour? They also have a restaurant up on the balcony and the staff are very friendly and helpful there.

Our favorite part of the museum, besides the restaurant, was the Mayan hut out back. If you go to the museum, make sure you see the outside part behind it.

The Museo is located right on the water. For shopping though, I'd recommend going inward a bit and not walking right along that first sidewalk. It can be hectic there by the water, although no one is aggressive, you just have to say "No, Thank you" a lot.

Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

We've done Cozumel twice and really like this port. We did the Dolphinari and it was amazing with lots of interaction with dolphins. It is not cheap as you really want to purchase the amazing but very expensive photos at the end!

Inexpensive beginner snorkelling can be enjoyed by taking a cab to the Money Bar. You can rent snorkel gear and snorkel off "beach." (It's rocky) My young sons liked this because they could sort of practice snorkeling where it was shallow. You can also get a drink and lunch or snack there.

When you get off ship you can also walk into town and there is lots of shopping and plenty of dining opportunities. It's pretty tourisy, but we did enjoy a Mexican restaurant there, but have forgotten name.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Another option is the submarine. It was one of the coolest things i have ever done. If I remember, it cost about $80. That was two years ago.

You go down to 100 ft. Amazing coral, fish and you also go to the drop off. This is where the reef ends and the ocean plunges beneath. (He's gonna touch the butt!).

I have a bit of claustrophobia but handled it well. Not much differant fron the sub at disneyland. Only bigger.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: