Quantcast 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend Official INTERCOT Meet

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend Official INTERCOT Meet

Hey all! So let's bring our Twitter and Facebook chatter about this in here and make this official. Woot! We'll discuss here in the Meets forum, then move this over when the runDisney forum is up and running (no pun intended). Yes, a runDisney forum is coming!

Okay, so many of us have expressed interest in getting together as an INTERCOT team and running the 5K as part of the 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend. Others have also expressed interest in possibly doing the 1/2 or full, and then those of us not running will be an awesome cheering section. Seriously, it's just as much fun to cheer as it is to run. Starting at 5:30am on the 1/2 and full mornings, you can get into the Magic Kingdom and cheer the runners from Main Street. It's an incredible experience!

We'd love to have a huge group representing. We'll make signs, have special t-shirts, etc. If you've never run a 5K, this is a great one to start with, as runDisney events are incredible. This was my first 5K last year. So start training now!

We'll most likely have some other official get-togethers as well over the course of the weekend. I'll be bringing my 13 year old and we're making it a mom/son weekend.

Dates are: January 9-12, 2014

Registration opens April 9, 2013

So who's in?

Last edited by Melanie; 02-05-2013 at 10:42 AM.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm IN! I'll be running the 5K and/or a 10K if rumors come to pass.

DH is in for the Half Marathon.

This will be (hopefully) an adults only weekend for DH and I.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in for the 5K and for cheering those of you who are way more fit than me and ambitious enough to do the 1/2 or full.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

This is AWESOME!!
    After many years of being over weight I finally kicked myself into gear about 2 years ago. It's been a struggle and I still have some miles to go to reach my goals, however....Just a few weeks ago I was telling a friend that I thought I would set a goal to do a Disney Run and start training to keep myself on track...This is perfect.
    I am in for the 5K and will keep my eyes (and ears) open for more info as it materializes. this is on my calendar as of RIGHT NOW!!!
    I have a training goal, and it involves Disney and INTERCOT..This is a good day.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

I am so IN! My sister, Jessica, is also seriously considering joining us. Initially I was just planning on the 5k, but we're dreaming big and going for the half!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Just updated my original post with the registration opening date.

Post Thanks / Like

Me! Me! I'm so in! Happy to have an official place to talk about it.

I'll participate in the 5k, and will cheer in the rest! Can't wait.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

WoW..I walk 2 miles every night just to get my head together and have some me time...Running has not always been my thing-but I am adding it to my work out. I just realized 5k is only about 3 miles. I have a year to train...Should I go for the 1/2 OMG What to do...
    Now I have some serious thinking to do...I can say running in a Disney 1/2 marathon would be quite an accomplishment for me...and would be really magical if I can finish it
    I am really excited about this !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Just updated my original post with the registration opening date.
    It's on my calendar! Does anyone know the approximate registration costs? Any guesses based on this year's fees? Just trying to determine budget.
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to come and do the 1/2, but not sure what next years vacation plans look like yet.

For anyone considering the 1/2.. just go for it. You don't have to run the entire time. You can walk/run as long as you maintain a 16 minute mile.

If your worried, you can join a Cliff pace team at the start. They will help you get to the finish line with a smile on your face.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    It's on my calendar! Does anyone know the approximate registration costs? Any guesses based on this year's fees? Just trying to determine budget.
    This year's half registration cost $150. The 5K was $55.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

How about a Disneyland half marathon meet in Aug/Sept 2013????? I am sure we could plan a small scale meet at Disneyland Resort.

Looks like a lot of Intercotees are coming out west for the Dumbo double dare.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so there!!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

If you are there to cheer on the runners do you pay a fee to get in? I have NEVER been a runner - fast walker yes, run no. Even when I logged in miles on the indoor track it wasn't even a jog lol

Sounds like fun to cheer everyone on! And January doesn't seem like a bad time to go after our trip this week.
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I'm in for the 5K and for cheering those of you who are way more fit than me and ambitious enough to do the 1/2 or full.
    I'm in for the 5K but I'll be going slow. Its my first time but I'm getting healthy and this is a perfect incentive. I'll probably be in the cheering section for the full.

I'm hoping its just an adult trip. It may just be me! We'll be calling Magical Journeys because we're out of points in DVC.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

So I started my "training" Really excited!
    I was sharing my excitement with my DB and was surprised to learn that he had some interest in doing this as well...but...and there is a big but here....

My friend is in good health, however due to certain health contraints running long distances is not really something that is worth the trouble it would cause him. He can power walk like no ones business-(somedays I feel like I'm running a marathon to keep up with his stride in the park)
    I was looking at the time requirements and it says 16 minute Mile-I think most power walkers do a 14-15 Minute mile.(at least-My sister does it in 13mins.)
    So basically-he would need to "walk" the race. I am wondering..are there generally others who do this? Would we be the only walkser?
    It is my understanding that as long as you maintain 16mm they will not pull you from the course?
    Any thoughts?
    Anyone else out there willing to train to power walk it and want to get a group of "walkers" together???
    Any feed back would be great. I really want to get him to do this!!

Post Thanks / Like

I ran the half a few weeks ago, and it was so much fun. Hopefully, I will get a trip report together. Anyway, I would love to take part in the 2014 festivities. We were thinking 2015, so I am not sure I can convince my husband that next year will fit in our vacation plans

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire_Girl View Post
    So I started my "training" Really excited!
    I was sharing my excitement with my DB and was surprised to learn that he had some interest in doing this as well...but...and there is a big but here....

My friend is in good health, however due to certain health contraints running long distances is not really something that is worth the trouble it would cause him. He can power walk like no ones business-(somedays I feel like I'm running a marathon to keep up with his stride in the park)
    I was looking at the time requirements and it says 16 minute Mile-I think most power walkers do a 14-15 Minute mile.(at least-My sister does it in 13mins.)
    So basically-he would need to "walk" the race. I am wondering..are there generally others who do this? Would we be the only walkser?
    It is my understanding that as long as you maintain 16mm they will not pull you from the course?
    Any thoughts?
    Anyone else out there willing to train to power walk it and want to get a group of "walkers" together???
    Any feed back would be great. I really want to get him to do this!!
    From what I understand, there is a specific registration category for "walkers". They get placed in the last start corall. There is still a 16 min mile pace requirement. That is 3.75mph. That's a brisk walking pace. True power walkers go about 4-5mph, on average.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Most importantly, allow time for bathroom breaks & crowds. I waited 22 minutes for a bathroom at the half 2 weeks ago. That set me back. Also, there are congested areas that bring you to a standstill sometimes throughout the course. Plan on 14.5 min mile to allow wiggle room.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Got fitted for some proper running shoes today. It makes a world of difference! I'm ready to hit the treadmill

I know it's WAY far in advance, but anyone thinking about where they want to stay? I'm a POP devotee, but I am putting my allegiance aside and seriously considering going deluxe. If I'm going to run 13.1 miles, I want good linens and a hot tub! My preferences are Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Grand Floridian
    ~Nikki~

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: