Quantcast 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend Official INTERCOT Meet - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm heading back to Beach Club Nikki. Was at Pop last week and I just can't take the crummy sheets, lumpy pillows and thin walls. I loved being able to walk to Epcot and you just can't beat that pool. I'm hoping for a good AP discount, but am totally willing to pay more, just knowing that ill be comfy and able to sleep well!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll definitely be at one of the Epcot deluxes as well. BC/YC first choice, but we'd stay at Boardwalk if we had to. The 5k is at Epcot, and I don't want to have to board a bus at 4:30 am just to get to the race on time. Plus, the half Marathon ends at Epcot, so it will make it easier to return to the hotel afterwards.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Most likely Yacht Club or Boardwalk for me.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    We'll definitely be at one of the Epcot deluxes as well. BC/YC first choice, but we'd stay at Boardwalk if we had to. The 5k is at Epcot, and I don't want to have to board a bus at 4:30 am just to get to the race on time. Plus, the half Marathon ends at Epcot, so it will make it easier to return to the hotel afterwards.
    Just a note, I was at BC for this last 5K and they wouldn't let us walk to the start. We had to take the buses.

Post Thanks / Like

Chatted with the sister last night and I'm so glad she's on the same page with me about staying Deluxe. Her choice is the Grand, mine is Beach Club. I don't think we can go wrong with either, it will just come down to room-only discounts and which is the better deal. I'm just psyched out of my mind that I'm actually going Deluxe!!!

For transportation's sake, I researched this year's marathon weekend and found that bus service is not available to runners at MK monorail resorts on the half and full marathon race days, and bus service only on the 5K day. For the half and full, you take the monorail to the TTC, change to EPCOT, go down the ramp and CMs are there to direct you to the starting area. From what I've read, you do need to take buses to the start from EPCOT area resorts.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badkitty View Post
    Just a note, I was at BC for this last 5K and they wouldn't let us walk to the start. We had to take the buses.
    I understand that. But, taking a bus from BC to Epcot takes significantly less time than from other resorts, and when the race is over, we can just walk back to our room. I have a sort of weird allergy to my own sweat. I turn really red, blotchy, and itchy when I work out, and I need to take a shower A.S.A.P. I don't want to have to ride a bus in between a run and getting back to my resort. I'm sure DH would appreciate being able to walk back to the resort after a 1/2 as well.

Plus, it is WAY easier to *stumble* back to our room at an Epcot resort after JELLYROLLS!!!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Nikki, you need to educate your sister on how much it stinks to have to take a bus back to the GF after JELLYROLLS! Because, we WILL be doing Jellyrolls. Count on it.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Nikki, you need to educate your sister on how much it stinks to have to take a bus back to the GF after JELLYROLLS! Because, we WILL be doing Jellyrolls. Count on it.
    That makes a lot of sense to me! I think she's ok with Beach Club too and I'm crossing my fingers that we end up there. Plus, I'm DYING to use Stormalong Bay!
    ~Nikki~

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok So I have never done a Disney deluxe, and I have decide that if I'm going to run a half marathon-then dang it-I'm going to pamper myself...But I have no idea where to stay. Reading this thread it looks like maybe Epcot area is not the best?
    there just so many choice that I am now feeling overwhelmed...thank god I have time to decide!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

I understand that. But, taking a bus from BC to Epcot takes significantly less time than from other resorts, and when the race is over, we can just walk back to our room. I have a sort of weird allergy to my own sweat. I turn really red, blotchy, and itchy when I work out, and I need to take a shower A.S.A.P. I don't want to have to ride a bus in between a run and getting back to my resort. I'm sure DH would appreciate being able to walk back to the resort after a 1/2 as well.

Plus, it is WAY easier to *stumble* back to our room at an Epcot resort after JELLYROLLS!!!
    Oh, oops, I get it now. I thought you meant walking over in the morning. Definitely a shorter bus ride.

Staying BC was also a lot of fun cheering the marathoners right by the lagoon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire_Girl View Post
    Ok So I have never done a Disney deluxe, and I have decide that if I'm going to run a half marathon-then dang it-I'm going to pamper myself...But I have no idea where to stay. Reading this thread it looks like maybe Epcot area is not the best?
    there just so many choice that I am now feeling overwhelmed...thank god I have time to decide!
    Good choice! There's no better reason to pamper yourself. I would go back and read the posts again, the EPCOT resorts seem to me like the best choice, especially after the half- no need to wait for a bus to get back to your resort! The MK monorail resorts are the next best option as no need for a bus either but a longer travel time and wait to take monorails.

Nat brings up an excellent point about the EPCOT resorts and proximity to JELLYROLLS!!!
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Can I come?! Can I, PLEASE?!
    Meg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    Can I come?! Can I, PLEASE?!
    Only if you're ready to ROCK!
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Only if you're ready to ROCK!
    I promise I am!!! I'm happy you are planning to come Natalie! We have to meet!!!
    Meg

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

So after stepping up my training and realizing last night that I have taken almost a full minute off my mph time in just 2 weeks-I'm feeling like I'm definitely in it and intend to register for the half.
    So now I'm trying to figure out where to stay...
    I read back thru the posts and it it does seem that Epoct area is the best...BC for those that intend to whoop it up at Jelly Rolls (I have never been to Jelly Rolls-it's on the list!)
    But on the other hand I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and do the lounge crawl on the monorail line!!
    Any ideas/feedback/advise on where to stay and when to book it? I would think that they marathon weekend fills up rooms pretty fast-but should I book the room pretty soon after the race registration opens?

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire_Girl View Post
    So after stepping up my training and realizing last night that I have taken almost a full minute off my mph time in just 2 weeks-I'm feeling like I'm definitely in it and intend to register for the half.
    So now I'm trying to figure out where to stay...
    I read back thru the posts and it it does seem that Epoct area is the best...BC for those that intend to whoop it up at Jelly Rolls (I have never been to Jelly Rolls-it's on the list!)
    But on the other hand I have always wanted to stay at the Poly and do the lounge crawl on the monorail line!!
    Any ideas/feedback/advise on where to stay and when to book it? I would think that they marathon weekend fills up rooms pretty fast-but should I book the room pretty soon after the race registration opens?
    You can book the room now. If a discount comes out later, you can probably switch your reservation to take advantage of it. Room only reservations can be made 499 days ahead of time.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Just booked at Shades of Green from Thursday-Monday. So excited!! Bringing my son, who will also be running the 5K and will be celebrating his birthday on that day as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a note- I'm not sure how staying at an Epcot resort helps with race day? Those resorts lead to the back entrance. The races start In the parking lot ??? Now in respect of helping with close proximity to jellyrolls- TOTALLY get that!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Just booked at Shades of Green from Thursday-Monday. So excited!! Bringing my son, who will also be running the 5K and will be celebrating his birthday on that day as well.
    Yay! Glad he is coming too!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Just a note- I'm not sure how staying at an Epcot resort helps with race day? Those resorts lead to the back entrance. The races start In the parking lot ???
    That was discussed upthread.

To be honest though, I don't really think it's any advantage for the races, except that your bus ride will be a bit shorter. Now, I think there was some mention of being able to walk back to the Epcot resorts after the races, but that will only be possible on marathon day. 5K and Half marathon will be wrapped up before the parks open on Friday and Saturday, so you'd still have to bus back to your resort.

That all said, we've now done this 3 years in a row, first year at Animal Kingdom Lodge, last year at Wilderness Lodge and this year at Coronado Springs, and the race transportation is never an issue. They have tons of busses running, and it's convenient and worry free.

This coming year we'll be at Shades of Green and will walk down and take the monorail from the Polynesian. Being down in the TTC area the past few years in order to get to Main Street to cheer the runners, I can attest that if you are up and out your door by 4am, you will be fine. They have all the monorails running, and it never looks too congested getting the runners to Epcot.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: