Quantcast 2014 WDW Marathon Weekend Official INTERCOT Meet - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, thought a little more about the 1/2 marathon day, and with the races starting at 5:30, you could walk through Epcot back to the resorts if your finish time will be more than 3 hours. Honestly though, by the time you walk back to the front gate from the finish area, walk through Future World and to the International Gateway, you'd be back at the hotel via bus before that. The resort marathon bus loading area is right beside the finish/reunion area. You aren't having to walk back to the Epcot bus depot.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's mostly about Jellyrolls for us.

Also, I can basically only get DH to WDW if he can stay within walking distance of the UK Pub.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    It's mostly about Jellyrolls for us.

Also, I can basically only get DH to WDW if he can stay within walking distance of the UK Pub.
    I get it, I just wanted to make folks aware that it's not all that easy to get back to the Epcot resorts from the finish area, if that's someone's deciding factor.

Now for a race like the ToT 10 miler or the Wine and Dine (where you are partying IN the park after the race), the Epcot resorts are a perfect pick.
    Last edited by Melanie; 02-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, didnt see where that was discussed earlier. I had just been pondering

I can tell you, if you're old and awkward like me, you won't wanna walk ANYWHERE after your race. Stay wherever there's a bus and ask to be CLOSE to that bus stop. Your poor Jello-legs will thank you!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Proximity to EPCOT and Jellyrolls is also my #1 reason, but I'd settle for a monorail resort, especially for cheering on the marathon runners Sunday morning.

Question- is it necessary to purchase park tickets in order to run any of the races?
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Question- is it necessary to purchase park tickets in order to run any of the races?
    No, ticket not required.

Nor is a ticket required to get onto Main Street to cheer the runners on 1/2 and full mornings. They let you in at 5:30am (sharp, no joke). You can get only as far as the Hub area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    No, ticket not required.

Nor is a ticket required to get onto Main Street to cheer the runners on 1/2 and full mornings. They let you in at 5:30am (sharp, no joke). You can get only as far as the Hub area.
    Thanks Mel! I am planning on getting park tickets but my sister is not, so just wanted to check.
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

So since I opened my mouth and said I would do the 5k, I'm gonna do it. Question for all the experienced runners, I am a mess right now, and know I have just under a year to get ready, is it overambitious to aim to do 5k and 1/2? Or should I just focus on trying to do 5k and not kill myself in the process?
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default Decision

I'm doing the 5K and will cheer on my INTERCOTEE runners in my Yeti shirt the other days.... now... what other color Yeti shirt should I buy? I have a Yellow one.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
    I'm doing the 5K and will cheer on my INTERCOTEE runners in my Yeti shirt the other days.... now... what other color Yeti shirt should I buy? I have a Yellow one.
    We're actually planning on special shirts for the weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    So since I opened my mouth and said I would do the 5k, I'm gonna do it. Question for all the experienced runners, I am a mess right now, and know I have just under a year to get ready, is it overambitious to aim to do 5k and 1/2? Or should I just focus on trying to do 5k and not kill myself in the process?
    I really recommend the C25K (couch to 5k) training app. It is really great and you can start with getting up to doing a 5k. There are also programs for 5 to 10k, Couch to 10k, 5k to half Marathon, 10k to half Marathon, couch to half Marathon, etc.

If you are truly a beginning runner, start small. Injuries occur when you get overly confident or over ambitious and increase your distance too fast. You need to gradually work up. A year is plenty long enough to go from couch to half Marathon, if that is what you want to aim for. The 5k the day before the half will be a nice easy training run.

Personally, I have been running for many, many years. However, I am just not destined to be a distance runner. I have issues with my knees/hips due to slight scoliosis. I can do up to about 4 miles comfortably and then the pains begin. I would love to say I ran a half Marathon, but I just can't. I also get exercise induced migraines if I push myself too hard. My point in all this is you never know how your own body will react to distance running, so it is wise to start with a goal you feel really confident you can achieve. If you start NOW, you will have enough time to decide if the half is something you think you can do. The C25K is a 9 week program. If you complete it before the race registration, you can have a better feel for what you want to sign up for.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=BrerGnat;2332786]I really recommend the C25K (couch to 5k) training app. It is really great and you can start with getting up to doing a 5k. There are also programs for 5 to 10k, Couch to 10k, 5k to half Marathon, 10k to half Marathon, couch to half Marathon, etc. [QUOTE]

I was just going to suggest this app! I started using it about a week ago. It starts you slow, so I feel like I'm accomplishing something each time I use it! Love it so far!!!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

So excited for this! I love event shirts!!
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

shirts...Special Shirts...OMG...
    I am so going to make my DB wear one of these while cheering me on! Now, I just gotta get myself ready to go. I'm having trouble with finding the right shoes, however I did find the right app. C25K is awesome-was going to suggest it but was beaten to the punch
    I do intend to do the half, but realistically I will be power walking it. I just don't have the distance run in me. A friend of mine suggested I do a 5k at some point this year as part of my training. I was thinking about doing the ToT 5k..and party of course!Is anyone else doing this one?
    And as a side note...Any local St Pete/Tampa runners out there that want to a) train together if you're a newbie, or b) help train a newbie? none of my friends are excited about RunDisney. They are poopers...Its easier to stay motivated and on track with something new if you have someone who shares the interest with you
    And OMG...Special Shirts, did I mention this excites me!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

I was just going to suggest this app! I started using it about a week ago. It starts you slow, so I feel like I'm accomplishing something each time I use it! Love it so far!!!
    It's a really great app, and I was using it year before last year when training for the 5K. Then my pesky hip issue reared it's ugly head, and I had to cut back. But, I was able to jog/power walk the 5K and it worked out fine.

After I get myself used to working out again, I think I will give the Couch to 5K another try and see how my hip reacts.

Good luck, Justin! If you don't get up to the 1/2, we'll have a blast cheering for everyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Yes, special shirts. We really want to get the INTERCOT representation out there!

John can do dri-fit running shirts for us, or regular t-shirts, or maybe both. As the time gets closer, we'll start a separate thread for ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Yes, special shirts. We really want to get the INTERCOT representation out there!

John can do dri-fit running shirts for us, or regular t-shirts, or maybe both. As the time gets closer, we'll start a separate thread for ideas.
    YAY Shirts!!! I've been wearing my iCot shirts to the gym as inspiration.

Cheshire_Girl, have you tried going to Fleet Feet or a similar running store? I was clueless about running shoes, and after getting some bad blisters I needed help picking which ones were right for me. I went to Fleet Feet and had a really good experience. They put you in a basic running shoe and actually record you jogging on a treadmill. Then play it back in slow motion and have you try on certain styles that will suit you based on how you run. Then you can run again in the shoes you're considering to see how they feel. They also have different insoles you can try. I found it to be really informative. FF also offers group runs for FREE most weekends, from sprints to distance. I hope there's one in your area to check out!

You can do it Justin!!! Having the flu now is no fun but when you get better try the couch to 5k app and see how it goes.
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by melanie View Post
    lol! Yes, special shirts. We really want to get the intercot representation out there!

Dri fit! Yes!!!!!

I think our shirt should feature a running Yeti with a FIXED arm.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

DH, DD and I are in! DH and I started Weight Watchers last May and of course, DH lost waaaay more weight than me! For now!!! But I'm getting serious again! He lost 72 lbs so far! Woo Hoo Way to go DH! MariaK and I have been talking about doing this event and told me about how you all have been tweeting and facebooking about this. Wow am I way behind! But count the three of us in! My DD is 10 and she did CC last year and is excited to do a run at Disney World! Yeah! Now I have a very cool goal to set and work toward!
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Dri-Fit running shirts with Yeti's on them would be so cool!!! Just a suggestion! I really cannot wait for this event and meet! I downloaded the C25K app and have been just been too lazy to start doing it! Started walking my stairs in my office building. I work on the 12th floor. Working my way up several flights at a time. But now its time to get down to business! C25K here I come!
    Melissa
    "I'm Goofy for Mickey"

2008 - Dolphin, 2010 - Port Orleans, 2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Beach Club, 2013 - Beach Club, Next Trip Oct 2014 - My first trip to Disneyland!!!

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." - Walt Disney

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: