Quantcast Worst place to eat - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AvonleaCF View Post
    I forgot one! Turkey Legs! Not that they're necessarily bad, but now that I've had one, I don't ever need to get another.
    never had one, but the sight of people gnawing on them in the hot sun for hours with it smeared all over their arm and face is just gross to me.

Quote Originally Posted by joonyer View Post
    The McDonald's near All-star resorts. The food was just ordinary, just exactly like every other McDonald's everywhere. I can't believe they wouldn't make it extra special seeing as how it's located in the magic of Disney World. Don't they realize that WDW guests have high expectations for food quality and service?
    I've had my say on this one, but have to chime in again. The food is ok, but there is NO reason to price a big mac at $6.99 and a combo at $9.99. It's a blatant money grab and uncalled for. The sight of the always near empty parking lot makes me grin a bit every time I pass it.
    Last Ride Ridden - Test Track
    Last Eatery Visited - Tangerine Cafe

July 1984 (off WDW)
    June 1995 (off WDW)
    July 2005 (Pop Century)
    April 2008 (offsite)
    Feb 2009 (All Star Music)
    Feb 2010 (POP)
    Sept/Oct 2010 (Sports)
    Jan/Feb 2012 (ASMovies)
    Sep/Oct 2013 (offsite)
    Feb 2015 (POFQ)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    never had one, but the sight of people gnawing on them in the hot sun for hours with it smeared all over their arm and face is just gross to me.
    Im glad I wasn't the only one thinking this.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

I have also been among those who have noticed the decline, possibly attributable to the dining plan, possibly not, that has broadly taken place over the last 20 years or so. Some of the restaurants IMO it must be said have really kept up the standard - Artists Point, Brown Derby, all the Grand Floridian Restaurants, Le Cellier, Kona Cafe, Biergarten - albeit with drastically increased prices.

As for the very worst. Well, at varying ends of the price spectrum I'd say:

ABC Commissary - I've not looked over the whole of this post, but I'd be astonished if it hasn't been mentioned multiple times already. Comfortably the worst CS in what is already the worst Park for CS.

Hollywood and Vine - "Generic Buffet" should spell the way for a reasonable value stop for a shoe family. This however is very, very, poor. As with the above I'd be surprised if this hasn't already come up a lot in this thread.

Cape May Cafe - Really like the idea of Cape May. The atmosphere should be lovely, the food light and subtle. Neither of those is the case,the fish and seafood which are the the selling point are generally overcooked in bland sauces and there is a pile of stodge that shouldn't be there.

ESPN Cafe - Heaps of great sports bars in the area, from chains to independents. This is none of them.
    I've got a dirty thumb.

The People of Anandapur and the Royal Anandapur Wildlife and Forestry Authority trust you will enjoy your walk and ask that you respect and honor these lovely creatures with behavior appropriate for peaceful co-existence.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Worst Place to Eat

1900 Park Fare for us....

Food was so-so and the wait was too much for our kids to handle. We had ADR's but the wait was still over 30 minutes for some reason. Just wasn't as "Magical" as other places we have been too.
    Disney Dream
    Disney Magic
    Polynesian (twice)
    Contemporary (twice)
    Coronado Springs
    Wilderness Lodge (twice)
    Fort Wilderness Cabins
    Riverside (4 visits)
    French Quarter (3 visits)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoric2000 View Post

Cape May Cafe - Really like the idea of Cape May. The atmosphere should be lovely, the food light and subtle. Neither of those is the case,the fish and seafood which are the the selling point are generally overcooked in bland sauces and there is a pile of stodge that shouldn't be there.
    Agree with your post. We gave up on Cape May after having eaten there 4 years in a row.

Post Thanks / Like

ABC Commissary was as close to inedible as I've EVER come across

Also, not a big fan of Crystal Palace.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on Hollywood & Vine. Horrible service, dirty restaurant and tasteless food. The only good thing was that my DD4 got to see Little Einsteins.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hubbyofadisneyholic View Post
    In general I just don't think the food at WDW is as good as it was 15 - 20 yrs ago.
    I agree and disagree (a sign of intelligence is the inability to make up one's mind). Many years ago, WDW food was renowned for its lack of quality, at least, for the price. Then it improved tremendously. The higher-end restaurants are still very good, such as Artist Point, Jiko, Citricos, and Victoria & Albert's (despite my earlier rant). The means by which I entice my wife to go on another WDW trip to through food. I do wonder, though, if dining plan has diminished the overall quality (I know: this topic has been debated many times).
    2014: BC; 2013: CS; 2012: POR, Dolphin; 2011: Hilton, Dolphin; 2010: POFQ, CSR; 2009: POFQ; 2008: HoJo DL, Royal Plaza; 2007: Saratoga; 2006: POP, BV, CSR; 2005: AS-Mu, Off-site, POFQ; 2004: POFQ, AS-Mo; 2003: CSR, AS-Mo, Royal Plaza; 2002: AS-Mu; AS-Mu, CBR, Off-site; 2001: WL; 2000: Landings/Magic

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting replies.

I forgot all about my horrible experience with the Ugly Betty burger at the ABC Commissary until someone listed it as the worst......

I agree also in giving places other chances. I am surprised to read that some folks abhor Kouzzina (had nothing but really good food here). Only ate at Ohana once - thought it was great.

Agree with Le Cellier regarding service. We stayed away from it for years - but are going back this year with a party of 13. Wish us luck!

I also would like to chime in that our table service experiences in WDW are usually quite positive (Le Cellier aside). Most folks are very friendly & outgoing - if they're not - we're the kind people to try to bring them there.
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

hoop dee doo....violent adversion to their food. enough said.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGiant View Post
    Just curious if you have a "I'm never eating there again" place and why.

Ours is the ESPN Club at the Boardwalk. We used to go there at least once a visit to catch a Yankee game & eat - but last year was the final straw. Several in our party got sick from the ribs - and we vowed never again. The food is just that horrible.

I don't think there's another restaurant that we've banned.

What's your experience?
    They angered me and my husband something religious! Their management is awful and what a nightmare to get any kind of support or help from them when something goes wrong. When we found out it wasn't related to Disney, we wondered how we ended up there ANYWAYS! But regardless, we will not go back.
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

Now that I have read everyone's submission...

wait times: you are going to have days where this happens. This isnt a very good reason to write a place off, imo, bc it changes from day to day, even hour to hour. We had a day where coral reef made us wait, sopping wet, in a hurricane, for over an hour in their air conditioned lobby. We had a ressie and they were taking walk ins to get people out of the storm. awful service. we were there for 3 hrs but I returned, alone, and had a lovely meal with 2 strangers that I will never forget.

illnesses: I can understand if right after dinner you get food poisoning from either end but if you get sick DURING the meal or TOMORROW, im sorry, you have the stomach flu. It had nothing to do with your food, you wouldve vomited anywho, no matter what you have eaten. It has an incubation period of 3-5 days and turns off and on like a light switch; esp these newer strains that seem to mimick a food poisoned idea.

Mcdonalds:It is mcdonalds. there isnt going to be anything special. as a matter of fact, it is put there to create a sense of familiarity for those who have autistic kids who have to have a chicken nugget RIGHT NOW to papa who will only eat a big mac and fries. If it were a special menu, people would complain. It is a bit more expensive bc the location is hot to trot. Im sure their rent is not the same there as it is on 535 or i4.

Food Quality: I believe that the quality has gone down in the past few years and i attribute it to free dining. If you keep giving something away for free, your marketing team will see it as a loss and budget accordingly. That being said, there are still a lot of great things to eat on Disney's property but you are in the heat and the sun. Most anytime you eat a burger and fries, hot dog with cheese, or anything else Golden in color you are going to feel nasty afterwards.

I can deal with service issues and menu changes and bad waitresses. We have had our share of bad experiences bc waitresses are horrible; like the one we had at chef mickeys our first trip who sighed bc we wanted drinks...its a BUFFET! your only job is to bring us a drink. We went half the meal without drinks and when she finally brought them she also brought the check and refused to take out DDP without Tip already placed inside the book. She then refused to give us a manager, leaving us sit there til we gave up and saved the rest of our vacation. This certainly isnt the restaurants problem that this person is a hoity toity brat and it prob wouldnt happen again.
    My point is, try (for the sake of not allowing it to ruin your day or magical vacay) to sift through the categories of what isn't tolerable and what is tolerable based upon what is going on around you and where you are eating and other possible variables that came into play and try to let go of "this place is magic" during dinner because you enter the real world when you are trying to please an entire dining room and all of the attendees digestive tracts.
    I will always continue to re-try restaurants, regardless of my feelings that day...unless it just plain leaves me on the toilet for hours at a time. That is not good for me, but what may do that to me might not do that for another person. Things change and despite all of the awful experiences had on this thread, I do really believe that Disney does their best to right things that go wrong.

As for the guy w the wit, that was totally the best post on this thread. my husband has waited tables, as a wdw baby budget for years now and when I read the soup part to him...it was priceless. Waiters love the lady who wants scalding soup. Epic

I hope Hollywood and Vine isnt gross next time. We really love that restaurant.
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Post Thanks / Like

The only place that I can think of where we truly did not like the food was Pizza Planet at Hollywood Studios.
    PrincessJadesMom
    January 1985-Off site
    April 2006-All Star Movies
    September 2007-Pop Century
    October 2010-Pop Century
    January 2012-Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruise
    February 2012-All Star Movies
    October 2013-All Star Movies
    October 2014-Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Always enjoyed CP but last time for 24 hrs. We lost 15 lbs. using the restrooms. Will not be back. HV food was almost as bad a few years ago so they are history. If a waitress wants to play games I can become just as ignorant and I speak up before the problem gets out of hand, in a nice way of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I''m glad you've never had one, but I think people are being genuine when they mention bad experiences and not simply expecting too much.

In my Coral Reef dinner, we waited forty minutes to be seated. Then, a half hour to order. No apologies from server. Then, my daughter's chicken and husband's steak were both served rare. Not a real issue with the steak, since it was supposed to be medium, but my husband doesn't like rare and since rare is inedible for chicken and we were sending back the chicken, we sent both entrees back.

But, the server didn't take the other two meals back to be warmed. So either some of us ate and then waited for the other two to eat, or we waited and let our meals get cold while waiting for the other two meals. The steak and chicken took 55 minutes to come back to the table. By that time, the rest of the food was cold and terrible (though, yeah, we could have eaten instead of being polite and waiting for everyone). And the server never apologized once. By then, we had been there over three hours and we were tired, but I asked to speak with a manager anyway.

The server was rude about getting the manager. The manager came to the table and yelled at us for requesting to speak with him, never apologized, and insinuated we were after a free meal. By that time, even my mild-mannered husband was furious. One simple apology would have been nice. I understand that things can go wrong and places can get busy, but this was unacceptably horrible customer service and they served my daughter (8 years old) unsafe to eat chicken. It was the most terrible restaurant experience I've ever had.
    Our exact experience at Le Cellier until you spoke with the manager. HE comped our $300+ bill. Will never go back.
    May/1999....CBR - Jamaica
    May/1995....CBR - Martinique
    May/1998....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2002...Wilderness Lodge
    June/2005...Wilderness Lodge
    Aug/2007....Wilderness Lodge
    June/2010...Wilderness Lodge CL
    July/2013 ...Wilderness Lodge CL Celebrating Our 25th Anniv.!

Post Thanks / Like

CRT for us.... we gave it a shot for breakfast and dinner in the past. food was AWFUL!

Akershus is a way better option!
    ** Engagement Trip: 10/9/10 - 10/18/110 - (Fountains)
    ** Honeymoon Trip: 12/9/11 - 12/14/11 (POLY) & 12/14/11 - 12/19/11 (BWI)
    ** Two Year Anniversary w/ family: 11/8/13 - 11/17/13(Fountains)

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!! after reading 5 pages of bad restaurants in WDW. Maybe I will reconsider my thoughts on eating on Property. I was hoping to find a great place to eat, but now I’m a little scared. I know it happens to some and not all, but man that’s a lot of unhappy people and a lot of money wasted. Maybe I will just put the money we would be spending on dining to better use like souvenirs. Thanks for this post It’s given me an eye opener on places to stay away from.
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie04 View Post
    WOW!! after reading 5 pages of bad restaurants in WDW. Maybe I will reconsider my thoughts on eating on Property. I was hoping to find a great place to eat, but now I’m a little scared. I know it happens to some and not all, but man that’s a lot of unhappy people and a lot of money wasted. Maybe I will just put the money we would be spending on dining to better use like souvenirs. Thanks for this post It’s given me an eye opener on places to stay away from.
    Please don't reconsider dining on property. You really need to try the places for yourself. Some of my favorite places get negative reviews. I would hate for you to miss out because of a negative review here.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Carrie, I will be looking into it for my next trip, but I will keep all these reviews in mind when making a decision.. There were a few that stood out so I might skip even looking into those..
    Been there, done that and going back!!! See ya real soon !!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: