Quantcast New Stories Coming to Disney Junior - Live on Stage! in 2013

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation New Stories Coming to Disney Junior - Live on Stage! in 2013

New Stories Coming to Disney Junior - Live on Stage! in 2013 at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure Park

December 18th, 2012
    by Shawn Slater | Communications Manager
    The Official Disney Parks Blog

As a father of twin boys, the Disney Junior – Live on Stage! show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure park is a favorite stop whenever we visit those parks. One of the best things about the show is that it’s regularly updated to feature new characters and stories from the Disney Junior line-up on TV. Well, I’m excited to tell you (and them), that Disney Junior – Live on Stage! is primed to get another update in early 2013, when new hits “Doc McStuffins” and “Sofia the First” join “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.”

The new version of Disney Junior – Live on Stage! debuts at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in mid-February and comes to Disney California Adventure about a month later, in March 2013.
    Disney Junior-Live on Stage! will be closed for refurbishment January 14 - February 14, 2013 to implement the changes at Hollywood Studios.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Ummm yeah my girls are INSANE for "Stuffins" and Princess Sofia. They're going to flip for this.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter will love this and I'll be happy to see a new show . I was starting to avoid the Disney Jr. You can only watch the bubble machine break so many times!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I'm bummed. We're going to miss it. We're leaving Feb. 15th. My girls would've loved this!
    Ashley
    Wife to James
    Mom to Cassidy & Kenzie
    Disney Honeymoon~~Aug. '02 Off Property
    1st Family Trip~~Feb. '13 ASMovies
    Surprise Trip!! Dec. 2014!!! Off Property
    Next trip booked! July 2015! Wyndham Bonnet Creek!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Girl Stuff...

As if the New Fantasyland wasn't enough, now they take away Handy Manny and replace it with Sofia? Little Einsteins had 2 boy/girl characters, now replaced with DocMcStuffins, whose main character is also a girl. I know Disney is all about their princessess and making money, but this seems to be a trend with them lately.

Thank goodness for the Cars Land that they will be building...must be their answer for people like myself who are a little frustrated with all their new "girl" stuff, while not caring so much about the boys it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pooh0601 View Post
    Thank goodness for the Cars Land that they will be building...
    Not official... Hold off on that... Cars land is far from green lit and not guaranteed at all... Don't set your hopes up for this just yet... Cause Cars Land as we know it will probably not see the light of day in DHS, not in the current form anyway, if at all... Plans are still in flux...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pooh0601 View Post
    As if the New Fantasyland wasn't enough, now they take away Handy Manny and replace it with Sofia? Little Einsteins had 2 boy/girl characters, now replaced with DocMcStuffins, whose main character is also a girl. I know Disney is all about their princessess and making money, but this seems to be a trend with them lately.
    I'm not sure this is really a princess/girl thing as much as the Disney Junior show tries to stay current with what is new on their tv schedule.

Both of my children used to watch Little Einsteins and Handy Manny. Little Einsteins hasn't had new episodes in years and was almost off the station until they went to 24 hours. Handy Manny has really faded too. It was most popular when my son was a 4. He's 7

Jake & the Netherlands Pirates (2 boys and a girl) replaced the Pooh show which had a Darby (a girl) as the main character. Both my son and daughter enjoy Doc McStuffins and I think it is a positive to have a Disney show feature a girl doctor.

Two years from now there will probably new shows again.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

I definently agree that they should stay current with the new shows. Little Einsteins has lost its appeal, and with Jake, Handy Manny has started to fade as well.

Jungle Junction and Special Agent Oso would have been nice possible replacements. I just find it interesting and a recent trend with Disney that they select "princess/girl" shows such as DocMcStuffins and Sofia the First. I don't have a problem with Doc, as my sons both like that show, but Sofia the First is definently geared more toward girls than boys. But being that Disney is going to start airing a Sofia the First show in Jan 2013 on Disney Channel, this is probably all part of their big marketing plan/ploy.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad we got to watch it twice this year. With a son I'm not all that excited about Sofia or Doc McStuffins. However, my son does really seem to like watching Doc and I think it has a positive message. But I will miss Manny! The Little Einsteins seem to have faded and were never my favorite. I guess it is good to continually update but I too am a little disappointed with the overly girl shows and wish more of the Disney Junior shows were gender neutral like Mickey and even Jake. I don't think little girls need more princesses but I haven't seen Sofia so that is kind of a blind statement.
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

Cast Previews are scheduled for February 10 - 11, 2013.

Regular Guest Previews (Soft Openings) are expected (but not guaranteed) to begin February 12th.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: