Quantcast Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - January 9-12, 2014 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about hotels quite yet. I was a little nervous from the WDW site so I e-mailed Wendy at MJ. She said no one can book 2014 yet, except on a non-guaranteed reservation. Meaning, since the 2014 rates haven't been released yet you can book room-only at the peak 2013 rate and then have it adjusted when 2014 rates are out. Since I don't have the $ to put down a deposit on the peak rate price at a deluxe hotel, I'm waiting until 2014 is out and take my chances.

So breathe a little easier about availability.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Don't worry about hotels quite yet. I was a little nervous from the WDW site so I e-mailed Wendy at MJ. She said no one can book 2014 yet, except on a non-guaranteed reservation. Meaning, since the 2014 rates haven't been released yet you can book room-only at the peak 2013 rate and then have it adjusted when 2014 rates are out. Since I don't have the $ to put down a deposit on the peak rate price at a deluxe hotel, I'm waiting until 2014 is out and take my chances.

Thanks for investigating Nikki!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info all. I'm in no shape financially to book for this race yet. I still have DL half and W&D to pay for. I will also have to wait and take my chances.
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post

Thanks Nikki! Good to know.
    Meg

40 trips (plus two to Disneyland, and one to Disneyland Paris) and counting!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Aaaand, Shades of Green is booked. They have availability on Sat and Sun nights, but not the surrounding days prior or after. Hmm.
    Did you call or go through the website? That just doesn't make sense, although I'm glad I called first thing that afternoon after the announcement and added the Wednesday prior on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Did you call or go through the website? That just doesn't make sense, although I'm glad I called first thing that afternoon after the announcement and added the Wednesday prior on.
    Website. The calendar came up and there were only a handful of "green" days left in Jan. 11th and 12th were green, but all surrounding dates were tan "X", and I got a message that my dates were not available. I was trying for 9-12. I blame you Mel, you probably took the last room.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

I'd call them if you're really wanting a room. I know when we were living in Florida, more than once I'd try to book on the website and it showed full and I'd call and get a room with no problem.

Maybe I did take the last rooms....we've got 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto to what Nikki said. We also contacted our MJ agent (Deb) when we couldnt access anything on the website and she told us the same exact info. We are also waiting for now.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm reading the posts right now on FB regarding the Marine Corps Marathon registration which opened 1.5 hours ago, and everyone is blasting active.com. Pages are freezing, people are getting all the way through the credit card screen and then being dropped, etc. This race sells out quickly every year, but wow are people upset.

I'm going to hope it's not really an active.com issue, and try to not let it worry me about getting DH signed up for the Dopey, but I am a worrier after all.

Post Thanks / Like

My friends and I really want to try Dopey and push ourselves to prove we can. Here's hoping we all get in (and get rooms apparently!) I know it was really tough to get a room for The Dumbo Dare - luckily we booked a few days before the official race registration actually opened!

Anyone else think they should have called it the Grumpy? I can't imagine being anything but that sitting on the plane ride home after all those runs!
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    Anyone else think they should have called it the Grumpy? I can't imagine being anything but that sitting on the plane ride home after all those runs!
    Try driving 14 hours. LOL! Yep, we're most likely driving (unless we can find awesome plane fares) and we may leave Sunday afternoon.

I'm seeing some grumbles now that Dopey may open early to AP and Disney Visa card holders. Fingers crossed!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm seeing some grumbles now that Dopey may open early to AP and Disney Visa card holders. Fingers crossed!
    GIRL! Where do you get your news?

One can only hope....
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that's true! Keep us posted!!
    Janine
    -----------------
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)

Post Thanks / Like

Just grumblings in a FB group, that who knows if they have any inside info or not.

Of course, we could just all fork out the $999 and register early through the Runner's World Challenge.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm poor so the runners world challenge isn't an option for me, but I was reading about it out of curiosity. Really the price isn't bad for everything extra they get - it would cost pretty close to that if they got it all a la cart.

I would spring for it if it was $150. More, but for the double the price of the dopey? That much to rich for my blood!

Bummer. Would have liked the peace of mind.
    Janine
    -----------------

Post Thanks / Like

DVC members will get early registration starting 4/3, and a slight discount. Apparently if you log into your member page, details are there. Can anyone confirm?

Post Thanks / Like

DVC members will get early registration starting 4/3, and a slight discount. Apparently if you log into your member page, details are there. Can anyone confirm?

All I found under special offers was this verbiage:

"runDisney offers Member discounts PLUS early registration!

runDisney is a series of half marathon and marathon events that provide runners unique opportunities to run through Disney theme parks. Race participants earn Disney-themed medals, experience legendary Disney entertainment and Guest service and ultimately celebrate their accomplishments with a Disney vacation. Disney Vacation Club Members now get a $10 discount off first-tier registration prices for all runDisney half- and full-marathon races, plus limited early registration* in advance of the general public!"

However this is from my mobile version- will check desktop when I get a chance!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm. I emailed runDisney and they said 4/3 for DVC, Visa, and AP. that's about all I know, but it's straight from them.
    Janine
    -----------------

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    I can confirm. I emailed runDisney and they said 4/3 for DVC, Visa, and AP. that's about all I know, but it's straight from them.
    Thanks for relaying what you were told. I'm getting so nervous though. While info has been put on the DVC page, nothing has been officially announced for Disney Visa or AP. It's supposedly tomorrow???

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for relaying what you were told. I'm getting so nervous though. While info has been put on the DVC page, nothing has been officially announced for Disney Visa or AP. It's supposedly tomorrow???
    Yeah, that's the weird thing. Unless an email is going to go out in the morning. I emailed visa right after I heard from rundisney, but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Rundisney didn't give me any details on the AP except the date, and they said to contact visa for information on how to sign up through that. The only one with any concrete info is DVC.
    Janine
    -----------------

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: