Quantcast Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - January 9-12, 2014 - Page 7

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

If they 5k is part of the Dopey Challenge I'd assume that would bring the numbers up even more - as all of the long distance runners are doing it now as well.
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    If they 5k is part of the Dopey Challenge I'd assume that would bring the numbers up even more - as all of the long distance runners are doing it now as well.
    I was thinking that too Carol. They said they were lowering the number of runners and they had to reserve space for the Dopey runners. I wonder how many straight 5K spaces there were and how many Dopey.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this definitely factors in. And, they reduced the sizes of the races this year AND they still have a lot of spots held for charity teams, so it does make sense that it would fill up more quickly this year.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and I did mention that last night as we taped the podcast as a possibility.

I think if that's the case, they possibly do need to add another one, maybe? Not sure what the solution should be.

Post Thanks / Like

Last chance for all you Dopey folks out there. It's at 99%!

Post Thanks / Like

Half Marathon is now sold out as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI - Marathon capacity has now reached 95%. I'd look for it to sell out in the next week or so. Goofy Challenge is sitting at 85%.

Post Thanks / Like

Courses and waivers (with bib numbers and corral placements) are out! Check the runDisney website for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Uh oh. I just entered my last name and birth date to look up my bib number about 3 times and each time it's coming up "Not Found." I entered my sister's information and she comes up right away. I have my confirmation email and the email I received from runDisney when I sent in proof of time. I just emailed runDisney and hope to get a response ASAP. Hope this is just a system glitch!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, Nikki. Hopefully it's a very easy fix. Let us know!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow they got right back to me and we've been emailing back and forth trying to figure out the problem. Turns out my birth date was wrong in the system. I won't be able to view my updated waiver until next week so no idea what corral I'm in yet! But my sister is in the last corral, and I may just change corrals at packet pick up if we're not in the same one so I can be with her. Relieved that this glitch was figured out though!
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    Wow they got right back to me and we've been emailing back and forth trying to figure out the problem. Turns out my birth date was wrong in the system. I won't be able to view my updated waiver until next week so no idea what corral I'm in yet! But my sister is in the last corral, and I may just change corrals at packet pick up if we're not in the same one so I can be with her. Relieved that this glitch was figured out though!

I thought maybe it was a birth date issue. Too bad you can't look it up just by last name. But that brings me to how easy it is for anyone to access your information on your waiver. All you need to know is a birth date.

My hubby is in J.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Planning ahead for photo ops

Could someone tell me what hard-to-find characters and other interesting things have been on the half marathon route in past years? I'm trying to think ahead to photo ops. I already plan on not stopping for the "everyday" characters. I'm not running for a PR however, I do want to be sure that I don't get swept up in having a good time and get swept. My thoughts were that if there was a line of 10 people or more that more equall to about a 8-10 min wait. I want to be sure I use my extra minutes wisely.
    Next Trip Walt Disney World 2015 Marathon Weekend for my first Full Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Everybody neat and pretty!? Cause we are just a week away!!!

Whymsycal, I don't stop for meets for that very reason. I need to keep chugging. I often grab a photo while passing by.
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whymsycalwitch View Post
    Could someone tell me what hard-to-find characters and other interesting things have been on the half marathon route in past years? I'm trying to think ahead to photo ops. I already plan on not stopping for the "everyday" characters. I'm not running for a PR however, I do want to be sure that I don't get swept up in having a good time and get swept. My thoughts were that if there was a line of 10 people or more that more equall to about a 8-10 min wait. I want to be sure I use my extra minutes wisely.

It honestly does vary. Scrooge McDuck comes to mind as a really rare one. My hubby always stops (for me, bless him) and hasn't been swept yet, so don't worry. There aren't enough 'rare' characters for it to be a problem, I don't think.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I've met Scrooge McDuck at a Christmas party a few years back so I'd probably skip him. I will most likely follow Christine's advice and just snap as I run past.
    Next Trip Walt Disney World 2015 Marathon Weekend for my first Full Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    It honestly does vary. Scrooge McDuck comes to mind as a really rare one. My hubby always stops (for me, bless him) and hasn't been swept yet, so don't worry. There aren't enough 'rare' characters for it to be a problem, I don't think.
    I'm stopping for any 90's Disney Channel cartoon series characters, including but not limited to Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, and Tale Spin!
    ~Nikki~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I'm stopping for any 90's Disney Channel cartoon series characters, including but not limited to Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers, Goof Troop, and Tale Spin!
    I saw Duck Tales Launchpad McQuack in 2012 during the half. He was in the MK parking lot near the raceway. So fun!
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: