Quantcast Flying From NJ to Tampa .....

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flying From NJ to Tampa .....

...instead of into Orlando.

....my brother's family will be joining us at WDW vacation time again this August ...and when they searched the flights ...it seems that flying into Tampa will save them $1400 dollars (for a family of 5)

....I know that it's a one way drive of about an hour from / to Tampa from WDW ...and that would require a limo / van ride or a rental car for them. Has anyone here done this before in an effort to save so serious dollars ...and is it worth it ??
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would say saving $1400 minus whatever transportation will be from and to Tampa is worth it.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

That just seemed like a big difference. I just threw in Newark to Tampa and Newark to Orlando on your dates (8/25 to 9/3) and the price difference on United is $25 per person round trip on using certain nonstops. If he's looking at JetBlue to Orlando, they're rates are pretty high right now but will more than likely come down.

Don't know where he is in Jersey but we've gone to LGA rather than Newark if the price difference was worth it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Hi !!

I see you are from East Brunswick...I work Right on Route 18 in East Brunswick !!! (small world)

We have flown in to Tampa before when the flights into Orlando were too expensive...

Its just a quick hour or so down I-4 and you're there....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbuddy View Post
    Hi !!

I see you are from East Brunswick...I work Right on Route 18 in East Brunswick !!! (small world)

We have flown in to Tampa before when the flights into Orlando were too expensive...

Its just a quick hour or so down I-4 and you're there....
    ...(waiving like crazy) ....wow ...you work on Rte 18 ...that's a surprise ...the place is a ghost town these days with all the vacant buildings!! (sarcasm intended because the town of East Brunswick has no idea how to attract new business)

....we went to WDW one year for a few days (just me + wife ...while youngest daughter went on to Sarasota with friends) ....and then we all met up in Tampa to hop on a cruise. As you said..the drive was no more than an hour (to the harbor area) ...but I guess it's not THAT much farther to the airport.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    That just seemed like a big difference. I just threw in Newark to Tampa and Newark to Orlando on your dates (8/25 to 9/3) and the price difference on United is $25 per person round trip on using certain nonstops. If he's looking at JetBlue to Orlando, they're rates are pretty high right now but will more than likely come down.

Don't know where he is in Jersey but we've gone to LGA rather than Newark if the price difference was worth it.

...they'd be leaving out of Newark ...non-stop to Fla ...but I have no idea on what airline (yet) Last year ...Newark to Orlando cost them about a fortune for the family of five !! I need to see what airline they are looking at. I know that last year they looked into Spirit Air out of Atlantic City .....but all the "extras" and no guaranteed seating freaked them out.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Last time we flew into Tampa it was on Jet Blue.
    Nwk to Tampa non-stop..Definitely worth the hour drive if you are saving a few hundred dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

I live 30 mins from Atlantic City and have yet to fly out of AC on Spirit. We make the 30 min drive in the opposite way to Philly and fly with US Air. The price difference is so little and with US Air we get assigned seats when we book.

Now, I have been told you can get an assigned seat with Spirit for an additional fee. Anywhere from $10 to $99 depending on your flight.

We are going down in October and I just looked at US Air non stop from Philly to Orlando and the price is just crazy. We usually pay around $200, but never more than $250 round trip and the price is almost $400 per person! The airlines need to be more regulated.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: