Quantcast Fantasmic - not a seated show?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fantasmic - not a seated show?

A cast member told me that the DL Fantasmic show is not a seated show like the one at WDW. Is this true?

That seems strange to me since you can get priority seating with a dining package.

We plan to make a reservation for priority seating if in fact it helps. Visiting March 5-9. I will probably be in an ECV....

Any help here is appreciated!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

In DL, there are sections roped off and it's standing only. There are no benches.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do they have Fantasmic dinner packages then? Or did I misunderstand?

Post Thanks / Like

I guess it's just to reserve a spot for good viewing. There's a counter service place right across from the waterway that has outdoor seating. If you would actually like to sit for the show, I can't see how you could get better than these seats. If my family is ever lucky enough to go back to DL, I would grab a table there earlier on, grab some dinner and sit, relax and eat until show time. It looked like these people had an awesome view. It's just a suggestion if you would like to sit.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the current offering was a 'dessert' package, not dinner.

Oh, how I long for the days of the balcony viewing. Now that was incredible!

Fantamic! at Disneyland is a superior experience to WDW, whether you stand or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Reserved seating for Disneyland's Fantasmic! is a boxed dessert sampler and a drink (I think). There is seating for this area, but it is first come, first served for reservation holders - so your actual seats are not assigned until you get there. In other words, you may not request a specific row. Reservations are available 30 days prior to the show and usually fills up fast. Call 714-781-7469.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much! Melanie - I'm so excited to hear it's even better! I had no idea! Have you seen the one at WDW personally? Does this Fantasmic! have the live action as well? Getting more giddy....

Post Thanks / Like

The front center area next to the water is a sitting area, though you sit on the ground. Those in the back need to stand. Unlike World of Color at Disney CA Adventure, you don't stand in all areas for Fantasmic.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer vacationing at Disneyland as opposed to WDW, however, the lack of seating for their nighttime shows is certainly a negative. Especially since you have to get there so early to secure a good spot.

For a first time viewer of Fantasmic!I would definitely do the dessert package. Personally, for me it is worth it to have a great viewing spot without sitting on the ground. (I too miss the balcony seating.)

World of Color is the same way. Highly recommend doing a dinner package for the preferred viewing. You have to get there early, but at least you can see.

Have fun. Fantasmic! at Disneyland is much better and World of Color is beyond words!
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

As others said it's a dessert package. The seating is first come first serve. We did it when we went to DIsneyland. The dessert box was really good. Quite a bit in it. We had some to take back to the hotel. We also got hot chocolate to drink. But it's 'level' seating so if you get stuck sitting behind some tall people like we did, well, made viewing difficult. I honestly probably would not do the preferred seating again just for that fact, to pay and still not really be able to see the show.
    For Narnia! And for Aslan!

"He's a beaver, he shouldn't be saying anything!"

Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten a table at river belle terrace and sat for a couple of hours to have great viewing...but that was just because I was having knee problems and needed the break. We had an early dinner, and dessert, and hubby read a book while our kids ran off to ride close rides(they aren't young kids). We did have great views, but I was slightly bored sitting there waiting. Lol
    I prefer to skip the more crowded early show, and ride critter country rides during it. Then we are there for the less crowded late show!
    Once we had a nice view of Fantasmic while sitting on the train....until the train left the station.

Post Thanks / Like

If it is a night that there are two Fantasmic shows, the 2nd show is always the best one to go to. Even on the busiest nights I've been able to watch the fireworks on main street, then head over and get a seat in the center area to watch Fantasmic without the long wait to get the same seat for the early show.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Default short

Hi all, just jumping in with a similar question. From the above responses I get the drift that as a very short person, I will not see much with or without the dessert reservations. Is that correct?
    I sort of pictured a stadium slant for standing, but if the area is flat I won't have any chance/
    what about children, do they have an area in front?
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone down front near the rivers of America will be seated on the ground.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    I prefer vacationing at Disneyland as opposed to WDW, however, the lack of seating for their nighttime shows is certainly a negative. Especially since you have to get there so early to secure a good spot.
    AMEN!! What makes it even worse is that Fantasmic! shows only 2 or 3 times a week. So it's not like lining up at WDW 60-90 minutes before the show and then get a seat. No, you have to bring a blanket 4 hours before the show, mark your "spot", and then stay there, blowing all sorts of park time. This is because it's not nightly like it is at WDW. Drives me nuts.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Gator;2381923 AMEN!! What makes it even worse is that Fantasmic! shows only 2 or 3 times a week. So it's not like lining up at WDW 60-90 minutes before the show and then get a seat. No, you have to bring a blanket 4 hours before the show, mark your "spot", and then stay there, blowing all sorts of park time. This is because it's not nightly like it is at WDW. Drives me nuts.
    We saw it for the first time here about a month ago. The dessert dining, IMHO, was a waste of money. We still had to stand in line for 3 hours to get a seat and still couldn't see that well, because the good seats went to people who started lining up at 4 - 5 hours before the 9pm show. I pretty much paid $250 dollars for a few tasty cookies and a hot chocolate.

Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if it was shown more than the weekend . . .
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Time of year dictates how often Fantasmic! runs during the week. Spring Break, Summertime, and Holiday schedules will more likely have daily showings. The other half of the year it usually runs Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
    Linda aka tinkwest

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

For a first time viewer of Fantasmic!I would definitely do the dessert package. Personally, for me it is worth it to have a great viewing spot without sitting on the ground. (I too miss the balcony seating.)
    When I saw Fantasmic at Disneyland, it was when you could purchase balcony seating. I purchased it and it would have been great had they not stuck my seat with an obstructed view due to a pole. When I asked them about the location I was told "Well, you are a party of 1; where else could we put you?" and it was said as rudely as the statement sounds. I still remember it years later as it is the rudest any Disney CM has spoken to me anywhere. Nice way to treat a solo traveler!

However, I did enjoy Fantasmic, even with an obstructed view.
    Christine ºoº

Intercot Staff-Accommodations, Dining, Guests with Special Needs

Please support Intercot's Sponsors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    When I saw Fantasmic at Disneyland, it was when you could purchase balcony seating. I purchased it and it would have been great had they not stuck my seat with an obstructed view due to a pole. When I asked them about the location I was told "Well, you are a party of 1; where else could we put you?" and it was said as rudely as the statement sounds. I still remember it years later as it is the rudest any Disney CM has spoken to me anywhere. Nice way to treat a solo traveler!

However, I did enjoy Fantasmic, even with an obstructed view.
    Sounds like the typical Disneyland CM. They are not well versed in how to deal with complaints. They're also terrible in dealing with big crowds. Fantasmic! is not even worth going to at DL for me. You either show up 4 hours before the show with your blanket - you sit there while the family does something else. And if you spend the money on the dessert package, you still have to arrive two hours before package seating to get a good seat or your stuck behind some behemoth or a light pole.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002