Quantcast Training Check-in/Encouragement Thread - Page 22

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneygoofball View Post
    Well, that's helpful! What general time is everyone meeting? - I'll definitely look for everyone (the #runicot shirts should help!). How is the 10K set up? I have my corral placement for the 1/2 and full marathon (corral i, anyone else with me?), but I wasn't sure what the deal was for the 10k. Do they have corrals, or just a mass start?

Here's the info for Thursday morning (from the Meets forum).

5:15am - Meet at the Information Tent in the Epcot Parking Lot for a group photo. Runners should be in the corrals by 5:45am. Spectators will find a spot along the route towards the finish to cheer.

You bring up a good point. There are no corrals for the 10K. We should definitely designate a place for runners to meet up if they want to stretch or run together or just chat beforehand.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I did a full marathon in palm beach the second weekend in December and put up my best marathon time even with a few race snafus that probably cost me 5-6 minutes. Unless I get a flat on race-day I should be right there with the leaders in the wheelchair divisions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dnickels View Post
    I did a full marathon in palm beach the second weekend in December and put up my best marathon time even with a few race snafus that probably cost me 5-6 minutes. Unless I get a flat on race-day I should be right there with the leaders in the wheelchair divisions.
    Wow, that's great! Congratulations on your last race and good luck with the race in January!
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll be cheering!

Congrats!
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. So excited for you!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who have been training for the Marathon Weekend events, I wish you all "Happy Tapering!" this holiday season.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Yay for tapering!!!

Hope you all had a nice relaxing holiday.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Default O m g

Its so close I can see my arrival day on the 10 day forecast.

I'm so excited!

I hear we should all be taking extra care not to push or injure ourselves right now so I'm doing short runs and backing off of my kickboxing a bit. Besides, I've caught a horrendous cold so I'm nursing the orange juice/chicken soup diet.

Is anyone else signed up for the post 5K Breakfast. I signed Jon and me up for it because I hear there are extra character meets. And lets face it. I'm there for character meets.
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

With all of the races just around the corner, I wanted to wish everyone good luck. Whether it is your first race, your first race at a certain distance, or another race to add to a growing list, I hope you have fun and meet whatever goals you may have set. Even if you have had some setbacks during training or won't be able to run this time around, just think of all you have learned about yourself and all of your hard work.

For those of you running the marathon, I hope to see you out on the course. For everyone else, I hope to meet you during the course of the weekend and thank you in advance for all of the cheering.

Good luck to everyone running and thank you to all of you who support the runners! It is very much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Corrals for 5K

Am I missing where it tells you what corral I am in for the 5K?
    1 WEEK AWAY YIKES!!!!!!
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    Am I missing where it tells you what corral I am in for the 5K?

1 WEEK AWAY YIKES!!!!!!

There are no corral assignments for the 5K and 10K, Justin. Everyone just gets in and goes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    There are no corral assignments for the 5K and 10K, Justin. Everyone just gets in and goes!
    Ok thought I was missing it. Lol. See everyone in less than a week
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Default FYI - runICOT cheer chick!

I'm planning a #runICOT sign for cheering on the runners. I'm going to make it NEON green and I'll be at the places Melanie has already called out on the race meets.

I'll only be running the 5K. But I'll cheer for all of you 10K, 1/2, whole people! I kinda wish I was also doing the 10K but oh well. When I set this goal a year ago, I didn't know if I could do ANY of it. 70 pounds lost!
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
    I'm planning a #runICOT sign for cheering on the runners. I'm going to make it NEON green and I'll be at the places Melanie has already called out on the race meets.

I'll only be running the 5K. But I'll cheer for all of you 10K, 1/2, whole people! I kinda wish I was also doing the 10K but oh well. When I set this goal a year ago, I didn't know if I could do ANY of it. 70 pounds lost!

Amazing, Mel!

Yes! I plan on making a sign too. I'm going to look for materials today.

Post Thanks / Like

I
    Such an awesome accomplishment!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Mel!!!

Just looked up my corral placement for the half, I'm in H!!! Sadly my sister is in the last one but I'm too proud of my placement to move all the way back there with her. Does that make me a bad sister, lol??
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Just looked at the 10 day Weather for WDW and there is a 60% chance of rain 1/11. Guess we're going to have to run between the raindrops. Anyone have any advice for running in the rain, just in case.

BriarRose0708, good work on the corral placement, No it does not make you a bad sister, This just means you can root her along as she finishes. Can't wait to get down there.

My New Years Resolution is to not do anything stupid for the next two weeks. I've worked too hard to screw this up in the last days before the half.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm just going to be honest - I'm looking for a little encouragement here. I'm kind of freaking out about the races next week. My training has been plagued with problems - two moves (one international), pulled calf muscle, two oral surgeries, a couple illnesses, etc... I worked through all that, but then had a surprise tooth extraction a week ago (doc said no running for a week, but I went for a light jog/walk new years eve day), and then woke up sick yesterday. As an added bonus, I've now developed plantar fascitis and my left knee is flaring up.

After all the planning and looking forward to the event, I'm afraid I'm going to fall apart during the races because I'm not fully prepared. Anyway, I know there's not much I can do about it now, just needed somewhere to vent. Thanks for listening.
    Beth aka Gretel - I blame the dolls.

Total trips: I've lost count!
    Resorts: POR, GF, Poly, CB, Pop
    Last trip - Jan 2014 Pop Century & POR; Dopey Challenge
    Next trip - Disneyland Aug, 2014 Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Default What to do?

Okay, I'm just going to be honest - I'm looking for a little encouragement here. I'm kind of freaking out about the races next week. My training has been plagued with problems - two moves (one international), pulled calf muscle, two oral surgeries, a couple illnesses, etc... I worked through all that, but then had a surprise tooth extraction a week ago (doc said no running for a week, but I went for a light jog/walk new years eve day), and then woke up sick yesterday. As an added bonus, I've now developed plantar fascitis and my left knee is flaring up.

After all the planning and looking forward to the event, I'm afraid I'm going to fall apart during the races because I'm not fully prepared. Anyway, I know there's not much I can do about it now, just needed somewhere to vent. Thanks for listening.
    This is horrible! I can't believe you haven't given up. I would have. I have to say you may want to listen to your body and your Doctor. I don't want you in the ER. Its commendable that you have powered through this but this should be enjoyable not constant suffering.

Do what you need to do... but don't beat yourself up if you have to back off mile X. We'll still be at Jellyrolls!
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm just going to be honest - I'm looking for a little encouragement here. I'm kind of freaking out about the races next week. :
    Hang in there disneygoofball. You are signed up for the Dopey, right? That is a lot of miles to consider.
    Are you a seasoned runner? What has been your longest run when you were able to train? This will help you determine your endurance through the weekend. Adrenaline will also play a big part.

You need to stay safe and as JMTStone said, listen to your body. I'm not an expert but I would suggest walking the 5K and 10K. All you need is to stay ahead of the 16 minute pace (starting with the last person to cross the start line). I would also stay out of the parks as much as possible and get to bed early. Jeff Galloway has tips for the Dopey in the official race program (available for download on runDisney) and there is a speaker panel @ 2PM on Weds. for Dopey at the Expo.

Best of luck to you!
    #runICOT rocks!
    6 years Disney running!
    14 5Ks
    13 10Ks
    16 Half Marathons
    5 Coast to Coast
    Just Finished: WDW 5K 10K
    Up Next: SW Light Side (Virtual Half) Dark Side (Half) Kessel Run Challenge

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: