Quantcast Training Check-in/Encouragement Thread - Page 27

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
    My plan for my first whole marathon in January is to do my first 10 miles as a regular run then do a 3/3 the rest of the time. I'm able to walk right now and have it under 15 minutes so I think I'll be able to beat the balloon ladies.
    Quote Originally Posted by brownie View Post
    I'd consider reversing it, run/walk in the beginning and then switch to just running. You might find it'll make the running only part easier.
    What ever you decide your race strategy is going to be. Whether you run the first ten or the last ten or do all intervals, the important thing is to run your long training runs with the same strategy. This will be a great way to find out what works and what doesn’t.

FYI 10 miles is very close to 38% of 26.2 miles

Being that this is your first full marathon you will undoubtedly hear two things more than anything else. Never do anything new on race day and don’t start your race to fast. The second one is a lot harder to do than it sounds.

We get snow, sleet, slush, ice. And our city is full of bridges that we run across for our training. Bridges over freezing rivers with the wind taking your breath away. But I wouldn't trade it.
    Running in the snow or at least hard packed snow is actually pretty easy, I’ve been doing it for a few years now. Sleet, slush and ice on the other hand not so much. I have a couple of friends that use yak traks or something like that in icy conditions and they felt that they did a good job of keeping their footing.

Have a great race and we will see you in January.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=JMTStone;2462804]I'm referring to Christine https://youtu.be/Fn0hDS9Z26A I showed it to Christine and she was saying training in the snow must be miserable. That's the problem with living in the northeast and training for a January race in Florida. We get snow, sleet, slush, ice. And our city is full of bridges that we run across for our training. Bridges over freezing rivers with the wind taking your breath away. But I wouldn't trade it./QUOTE]

Training in the snow and ice makes it easier to run in the sun! There were a lot of days this past winter that it was so cold I had to run indoors on a treadmill, which I try to avoid as much as possible.

I'll be cheering with #cheerICOT for the 5K and 10K!
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15
    Disney Dream 8/14

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your struggles in your race/training. How did your race go? I am recovering from surgery and can start running on 7/6. I really liked the Jeff Galloway for my first few runs. My plan for my first whole marathon in January is to do my first 10 miles as a regular run then do a 3/3 the rest of the time. I'm able to walk right now and have it under 15 minutes so I think I'll be able to beat the balloon ladies.

No long rides for me but I've heard compression socks work very well during long rides. When we drive to Virginia every Thanksgiving I use them. Also make use of bathroom breaks to quick walk.

I was shooting for 1:15-1:20 but made it in 1:24. A BIT disappointed but considering I was nowhere near ready I'll take it! May try one more time before proof to time submission. (And other than a water stop that wasn't ready for us, my worst pace was 15:20. My best was 10:28 which NEVER HAPPENS...and is why I was dragging butt the last half. Finished with an average pace of 13:30).
    Contemporary Resort, 06/03
    Pop Century Resort, 6/05 and 12/08
    Disneyland's Paradise Pier, 10/06
    Carribbean Beach Resort, 09/07
    Coronado Springs Resort, 01/10
    Wilderness Lodge, 6/14 - The Susie Angel Celebration
    Pop Century Resort, 02/16 - Princess Half Marathon

Post Thanks / Like

Default That's great

Quote Originally Posted by MushuGrl View Post
    I was shooting for 1:15-1:20 but made it in 1:24. A BIT disappointed but considering I was nowhere near ready I'll take it! May try one more time before proof to time submission. (And other than a water stop that wasn't ready for us, my worst pace was 15:20. My best was 10:28 which NEVER HAPPENS...and is why I was dragging butt the last half. Finished with an average pace of 13:30).
    Don't be discouraged. We always have that one race that nags us. You'll be fantastic.

I'm not worried about PR at WDW marathon. It will be my first whole so I'll PR! I started running at 43. I was 100 pounds heavier most of my life. If I cross the finish line before balloon ladies I'll be happy. That being said, I did pick up a training club "Essentials of long distance running" to work on my speed as well as my form. Its a 10 week program. I hope it improves my 12:30 average time.

That being said I did my first 5 miles post 2 months of for abdominal surgery and I'm hurting today.
    Then: #runICOT 1/16
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    VBR, OKW, Magic, & AKL 5/12
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Don't be discouraged. We always have that one race that nags us. You'll be fantastic.

I'm not worried about PR at WDW marathon. It will be my first whole so I'll PR! I started running at 43. I was 100 pounds heavier most of my life. If I cross the finish line before balloon ladies I'll be happy. That being said, I did pick up a training club "Essentials of long distance running" to work on my speed as well as my form. Its a 10 week program. I hope it improves my 12:30 average time.

That being said I did my first 5 miles post 2 months of for abdominal surgery and I'm hurting today.
    You'll do great! I, however , am getting nervous about being ready for my first 1/2 at Cocoa Beach. I just can't get into a training rhythm. I'm also sad that my time for the 10K in Jan was so lousy because it really won't help me for the 2016 corral placement in the 1/2. Then again I'll probably be so slow it won't matter.

After the two 1/2s I think I'm going to stick to lower distances. The longer ones stress me too much.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Default And here I am

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    You'll do great! I, however , am getting nervous about being ready for my first 1/2 at Cocoa Beach. I just can't get into a training rhythm. I'm also sad that my time for the 10K in Jan was so lousy because it really won't help me for the 2016 corral placement in the 1/2. Then again I'll probably be so slow it won't matter.

After the two 1/2s I think I'm going to stick to lower distances. The longer ones stress me too much.
    Training for my first whole
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Training for my first whole
    I totally have faith in you. You rocked your 1/2 last year. You will be great!
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm trying

Quote Originally Posted by AgentC View Post
    I totally have faith in you. You rocked your 1/2 last year. You will be great!
    Just back on my feet Sunday after the surgery. I'm a week behind in training. But I will catch up. I'm using the Galloway training guide and sticking to kickboxing for X Training.
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

Posted today on Facebook for my better half:
    Dear Husband Jon Stone);
    I'm putting this out on Facebook so everyone understands what pressure you're under right now, and you may need an alibi in the future. There are horrendous months are ahead of you. There are times where you'll feel like a single parent. There are times when you see your wife and/or won't recognize her. There are times where she will babble about things like "PR, negative splits, speed training, hill work" and even discuss bodily functions in a way you've never heard. There will be products in the house that just appear. Gu and hydration systems, and compression socks. She'll tell stories about Fleet Feet Sports - Pittsburgh runners she's gotten to know as close friends and you'll know at some point, she may likely have them wait for her while she either pees in the woods or finds a church to pee in during the Sunday runs. She'll worship Goddess Karen Harr. There will be cross training at Ilovekickboxing.com - Pittsburgh, PA (where the healthy lifestyle all began). She will be talking about ‪#‎runICOT‬ and ‪#‎cheerICOT‬. Now your wife has been running for some time. You've seen some of this before . But now its all changed. Your wife is training for a marathon. That's 26.2 miles. Until January, she won't be the same woman. Good luck. And remember I love you.
    GC Disneyland 10/15
    #runICOT 1/15
    OKW 7/14
    BWV #runICOT 1/14
    VBR and BCV 7/13
    AoA 10/12 iCOT 15th!
    BCV, BLT, Dream 8/11
    BWV 9/09
    AKV & DCL Magic 5/09
    POR 11/08 (no KIDS)
    BWV 6/08
    SSR 11/07
    AKL - 5/06
    Offsite 6/05
    ASM 7/99
    Offsite 3/97

Post Thanks / Like

So to kick start this thread, I may be out for the 10K AGAIN. I reinjured my stupid calf AGAIN. I called up and was told that since i already deferred the 10k from 2015 to 2016, i may not be able to defer again.
    I am really bummed out. I will be there for all the races to cheer on all the other #runICOT friends.
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    So to kick start this thread, I may be out for the 10K AGAIN. I reinjured my stupid calf AGAIN. I called up and was told that since i already deferred the 10k from 2015 to 2016, i may not be able to defer again.
    I am really bummed out. I will be there for all the races to cheer on all the other #runICOT friends.
    Sorry to hear about your latest injury. Know you looked forward to this event. Hope you heal up well. AND I'm sure you'll still have run in the great company of the intercotteessss!

Take care...
    Best Regards,
    GMRO

Been There; Done That; Got The Shirt; AND GOING BACK!

Post Thanks / Like

26 mile training run in today, longest distance I've ever run! Had a brutal headwind but made it through it.
    Steve (aka brownie)
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations & Mousellaneous
    ASMv 4/00, 10/01, 11/03, 5/21
    ASMu 8/12, 11-12/22
    AKL 6/18
    BC 9/94
    CSR 8/14, 3-4/22
    POP 11-12/10, 3/12, 10/12, 7/17, 4/22
    POFQ 10/01
    POR 9/04, 1/16, 11/19
    WL 12/03
    Disneyland 6/07, 1/15