Quantcast Disney Insipred

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Disney Insipred

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Insipred

I've always been someone who had trouble pulling the trigger on getting healthy. I've gotten bogged down by slow weight loss and "looking good" and found that the more I obsessed about my weight I became, my self-esteem went with it. I'd searched for new inspiration for a long time, until just before New Years when I found the fire that would motivate me to start again:

Running in a tutu.

Well, that was the initial inspiration anyway. I decided that I wanted to run the Princess Half-Marathon. It seemed (and still does) like a major stretch to have that sort of goal, but for some reason, the idea inspired me to start getting back into shape. I've joined Weight Watchers again and am currently on week 7 of Couch to 5k. I am registered to run my first 5k on St. Patrick's Day and my second (Color me Rad) in April. This is supposed to be the start of my RunDisney journey :-)

The plan is no longer the Princess Half, because my husband is an accountant and it takes place during tax season so I changed the goal to the Wine and Dine Half.

Since I am just beginning the journey, I am planning to wait until November of 2014 to run (baby steps people!) but I wanted to document the goal here and also to ask if anyone else has ever set this hefty goal (to go from couch to Disney Half!) and would love any feedback and advice you could offer.

I'm hoping that by posting this here, I will come back to the boards and be reminded of my goal... and am looking forward to talking to all of you experienced runners and to someday write a trip report about the day I ran a Disney Half.
    Lauryn

7/14 - OKW
    8/13 - BC
    7/12 - WL
    8/11 - BLT
    5/10 - BC
    8/09 - off site
    12/31/08 at Epcot day trip
    3/08 - Pop Century
    8/04 - off site
    5/01 - Boardwalk Year 2000
    5/97 - off site 25h Anniversary of WDW

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    St Pete Beach FL- Too close and too far away
    Post Thanks / Like

Check out the WDW 2014 Half Marathon Thread here...There are a LOT of us with the same lofty goal!!! We would love to have you joins us over there as well Even if you're not ready to run that one, you can come cheer us all on and be inspired by our blisters!!

And BTW...this is awesome I know exactly how you feel-and Run Disney inspired me to start working on my health gooals again as well.
    I look forward to hearing about your journey and being inspired by it!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Post Thanks / Like

Tutu goal aside I'm at the same place as you. I joined Weight Watchers in June and in September decided that I was going to run the Disneyland Half Marathon. I started with the Couch to 5k program, am currently working on the 5k to 10k program and from there will continue with the half marathon training. I've registered for the Disneyland Half in September - giving me a year to reach my goal. So far it's going well. At the begining of the counch to 5k program I was looking at the 30 minute runs at the end of it thinking 'I'll NEVER be able to do that.' Well, never say never. It totally worked. It's a good program.

By the way, my two sisters are doing the half with me, and also joined Weight Watchers at the same time I did. Between the three of us we've lost over 150 pounds so far!
    Aryn

I am the rebel spy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great stories everyone!

lettrip, as a warm up to the Wine & Dine, you should consider coming down in January and running the 5K with all of us.

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely goal & testimonial! And you know what else is as or more motivating than running in a tutu? The BLING! RunDisney makes some really awesome medals!!!

Best of luck to you and hang here for encouragement, as so many of us are in the same boat!

You can do this! Enjoy the journey!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani
    May- Vero
    Sept- BLT

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=lettripp;2336242]

and also to ask if anyone else has ever set this hefty goal (to go from couch to Disney Half!) and would love any feedback and advice you could offer.

I actually did this! I didn't do the couch to 5K, I had a friend who helped me. I never ran before so I started with 5 minutes and then built up from there. Once I got to 30-40 minutes of running I started to think of the princess half. And i actually did it last year!! It was pretty amazing and I still can't believe I finished and ran (well. more of a slow jog) the whole thing!

My advice would be to see if you can find a friend to run with, preferably one that runs at your pace. My friend is a marathon runner so he was way to fast for me and always seemed like he was walking at my running pace.

Good luck!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: