Quantcast Favorite Deluxe Experience

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite Deluxe Experience

Our next trip will be the first time we pick a resort based on just the adult women in our family and I want it to be special. I was wondering what Deluxe resort experience has been your most memorable and favorite. We probably would stay garden or water view standard room. I love the look of the Beach Club and the GF (not sure if that's in my price range), they both look the most cozy and appealing to me. My mom doesn't like the looks of the Contemporary because she likes themed hotels but their rooms look nice too....we also are looking at AKL, if my sister goes we will have to get a suite and that resort's suites would be in our price range.

Dec.11-18, 2021 Port Orleans Riverside
    Jan. 25-Feb. 1, 2017, Port Orleans Riverside
    Oct. 29-Nov.4, 2014-Yacht Club
    Dec. 17-23 2011-Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 20-30, 2008-Pop Century
    Dec. 25,2005-Jan.1, 2006-Coronado Springs
    Jan. 1-7, 2003-All Star Movies

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For my family, the Beach Club has to be our most memorable deluxe stay. But maybe not for the same reasons four adult women would choose. My 10 year old sons' "Best....Slide...Ever!" endorsement still rings in my ears when i think of the BC and Stormalong Bay. But that might not be a feature you would take advantage of. But if you want a good sized room, love your pool time, would enjoy being able to walk into Epcot, and think you could take advantage of the huge variety of dining options close by, then the BC is a great choice.

On the other hand, for "cozy and appealing" i really enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge. The rooms are smaller, but for "themed hotels" it's the best.

Post Thanks / Like

The only Deluxes we have stayed at at WL and Poly. Both were wonderful and the atmospheres were very well themed. I think I would choose Poly jsut because it seemed more relaxed and spread out. Don't get me wrong, I love WL but Poly just seemed more relaxing. also loved that we could watch the MK fireworks while being close to the room (with little kids at the time).
    2001--First time for DS and me!
    2004--First time for DD!
    2007--First time at Poly!
    2013--Thanksgiving with Mickey & good friends!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never stayed there, but I think GF would be a great resort for the women in your family. There's lots of shopping within the resort, a nice spa, a salon, and the resort offers an afternoon tea. Not to mention its such a beautiful resort, with so much right at your fingertips with the monorail and surrounding resorts.

We have also enjoyed BC/YC. If you plan to spend lots of time in Epcot those resorts would be ideal. We prefer YC over BC because it's a bit quieter, but both resorts are great!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and grandchildren really enjoyed their stay at the Beach Club. It was close to EPCOT and a nice walk to MGM Studios.
    They loved the pool area and the relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for adults.

I enjoyed my stay at the Contemporary even though it's more convention hotel than Disney. My favorite thing was to sit out on the balcony and watch the boats go back and forth on the lagoon. I had the MK view which was spectacular.
    Just Jill.......

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't think you can go wrong - so if price is an issue, consider AKL or WL. We LOVE AKL. I haven't stayed at the Beach Club, but I know people love it because of the great pools and the proximity to Epcot. That might be my second choice for a party of all adults...but I'll admit I've always wanted to stay at the Poly just because of the theming! (and nice access to Magic Kingdom)

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed in the Contemporary, Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodges...and while there's a lot to be said for being in a resort on the monorail system...our Arusha Savannah view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge was an amazing experience. Every time we'd go back to the room there was exotic wildlife right outside the window. We had a blast just sitting on our balcony enjoying watching and photographing the animals just below (and got LOTS of fantastic wildlife photos). Twilight was particularly amazing. HIGHLY recommended!
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at SSR, BC, BWV and BLT and we liked BLT the best for the convenience of the monorail and watching the MK fireworks from our room every night.
    16 trips to "The World"

Last trip - April 2018 - Polynesian
    Next trip to WDW - December 2018 - Beach club

"Disneyworld will never be complete. It will continue to grow as long as there's imagination left in the world."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MOJoe View Post
    For my family, the Beach Club has to be our most memorable deluxe stay. But maybe not for the same reasons four adult women would choose. My 10 year old sons' "Best....Slide...Ever!" endorsement still rings in my ears when i think of the BC and Stormalong Bay. But that might not be a feature you would take advantage of. But if you want a good sized room, love your pool time, would enjoy being able to walk into Epcot, and think you could take advantage of the huge variety of dining options close by, then the BC is a great choice.

On the other hand, for "cozy and appealing" i really enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge. The rooms are smaller, but for "themed hotels" it's the best.
    I am kind of leaning towards the Beach Club, I just like the look of their rooms. We really aren't interested in the pool though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I have never stayed there, but I think GF would be a great resort for the women in your family. There's lots of shopping within the resort, a nice spa, a salon, and the resort offers an afternoon tea. Not to mention its such a beautiful resort, with so much right at your fingertips with the monorail and surrounding resorts.

We have also enjoyed BC/YC. If you plan to spend lots of time in Epcot those resorts would be ideal. We prefer YC over BC because it's a bit quieter, but both resorts are great!
    If there is a discount and I can afford it, I would definitely pick GF. Right now, with cost in mind I am leaning BC. You validated my choices, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Jill A View Post
    My daughter and grandchildren really enjoyed their stay at the Beach Club. It was close to EPCOT and a nice walk to MGM Studios.
    They loved the pool area and the relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for adults.

I enjoyed my stay at the Contemporary even though it's more convention hotel than Disney. My favorite thing was to sit out on the balcony and watch the boats go back and forth on the lagoon. I had the MK view which was spectacular.
    Yeah, my mom isn't thrilled about the Contemporary, we love Epcot so BC is very appealling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I honestly don't think you can go wrong - so if price is an issue, consider AKL or WL. We LOVE AKL. I haven't stayed at the Beach Club, but I know people love it because of the great pools and the proximity to Epcot. That might be my second choice for a party of all adults...but I'll admit I've always wanted to stay at the Poly just because of the theming! (and nice access to Magic Kingdom)
    Well, we thought we had it all planned for my mom, sister and I and we were going to stay in a 1 BR suite at AKL, now mom and I are considering a solo trip sooner so I have more options. Not sure I can afford the Poly but we'll see what discounts are out when we finally decide on a final date.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJS-Houston View Post
    I've stayed in the Contemporary, Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodges...and while there's a lot to be said for being in a resort on the monorail system...our Arusha Savannah view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge was an amazing experience. Every time we'd go back to the room there was exotic wildlife right outside the window. We had a blast just sitting on our balcony enjoying watching and photographing the animals just below (and got LOTS of fantastic wildlife photos). Twilight was particularly amazing. HIGHLY recommended!
    If we stay AKL it will be Savannah view

Post Thanks / Like

For us, it's the Beach Club. Followed by Wilderness Lodge.

However, the walk to Epcot is the main thing me and my husband love about Beach Club, and our kids LOVE the pool. The whole resort experience is top notch, as far as I'm concerned. I would stay there and nowhere else if it was always available when we wanted to go.

We will be at WL this summer, as the BC was all booked up for the week we are going. Looking forward to it, but know we'll miss the BC.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

We've stayed at the three monorail Deluxe resorts. I haven't stayed at the BC or YC, but have heard great things about them, especially the pool. Of the three that we've stayed at, we prefer Poly. The other two were very nice, but there's was just something about the theme of the Poly that we really enjoyed.
    80&89 Off-site, HONEYMOON 97 Port Orleans, '02 & '03 Offsite, '04 Poly Concierge, '05 Poly,'07 Contemporary, Feb. 08 GF, Dec. '08 Poly, May '10 Offsite, Mar.'11 FW Cabin,May '12 and July'12 Wyndham Bonnet Creek,July'13 Windsor Hills, March '14 AofA, Fourth of July '14 Poly,June 2015 SSR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    For us, it's the Beach Club. Followed by Wilderness Lodge.

However, the walk to Epcot is the main thing me and my husband love about Beach Club, and our kids LOVE the pool. The whole resort experience is top notch, as far as I'm concerned. I would stay there and nowhere else if it was always available when we wanted to go.

We will be at WL this summer, as the BC was all booked up for the week we are going. Looking forward to it, but know we'll miss the BC.
    Can you see Epcot from the rooms at the BC? I've never really asked but that would be cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MississippiDisneyFreak View Post
    Can you see Epcot from the rooms at the BC? I've never really asked but that would be cool.
    Yes! From many of the upper level 4th/5th floor Standard Rooms at BC you can see Spaceship Earth and the Land Pavilion. We had a great SSE view from our last room. We were on the 5th floor Standard View CL.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

beach club-family of the day for a week on concierge level! Amazing!!If I could afford concierge all the time, I wouldnt have it any other way.
    A man should never neglect his family for business.-Walt Disney
    Apr07-FW
    Feb08-FW
    Sep08-BC
    Sep09-POR
    Nov-Dec09-FW
    Dec09-BC
    Aug10-WL
    Jan11-SSR
    Oct11-ASM/FW/CBR/BC
    Dec11-ASM/BLT
    Jan12-WD
    Feb12-Off
    Sep12-BCV/Pop
    Jan13-FW/AOA
    Feb13-CBR
    Sept13-Dland
    Dec13-FW

Saratoga County, New York/Polk County, Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd put the Contemporary as our favorite deluxe stays. I have not stayed there in some time but I've always like that place. Hey! Walt's brother Roy built the place right next to the Magic Kingdom. Sitting on a balcony in the evening watching the boats on Seven Seas Lagoon is the tops!
    39 trips to WDW (before I stopped counting and bought a house in the WDW area), 1 to DL & 5 DCL

Post Thanks / Like

My friends just returned from a week at the Yacht Club and raved about their experience there. I don't think you can go wrong with the BC/YC location.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: