Quantcast Pop Century

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pop Century

My sis & I snagged really amazing flights to fly to Orlando this May. Since we didn't plan in advance for this Disney trip, we didnt' really save and have decided to stay at a value level resort. POP Century is what we chose. Would love any/all personal feeback, as we've never stayed here.
    Kristen

last attraction: Art Academy in DHS
    last meal: Parisian Breakfast - Chefs de France

'94 - Poly & CBR: first trip
    '96 - GF & Dixie Landings
    '98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - CSR: HONEYMOON
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

See also this thread with some guest experiences & preferences for POP-C

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=197350

POP, in my opinion, is a bit less frenetic than the All-Stars, but still very busy. Its fast fun and friendly. Good bus service and good solid basic meals. We eat there in the morning - then usually wander off to another resort for a mid-day/evening meal.
    1981- WDW/offsite
    2005 - WDW/Pop Century & PO-Riverside
    2010 - WDW/Pop Century & Coronado Springs
    2012 - DLR/offsite
    2013 - WDW/Pop Century
    2016 - WDW ?

Post Thanks / Like

awesome. that link to the thread from back in january was really insightful. sounds like we made a good choice.
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I usually stay Deluxe, but I actually enjoyed my Pop Century stay. It was quite a surprise to me. I loved the bright colors, fun theming, great bus service. I was expecting chaos from some reports I'd read, but it was a lovely stay. I would stay there again. Also, it gave me a chance to try the King Cupcake (in the bakery section of the food court). Chocolate cake with banana custard filling, chocolate frosting, with candied bacon.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

If you have time, walk over to AoA....its worth seeing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginny57 View Post
    It's interesting you mention the above. I was just pricing out AoA and it's only dollars more. The intrigue is there to potentially make a switch from POP to AoA. But now that you mention they're within walking distance...It'd probably be smart to keep my current POP reservation and just take the time to go visit AoA during some free time. Thanks for that.

And in regards to the King Cupcake - holy smokes, I'm going to have to get 2.
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I love Pop. It is my favorite value resort. I've always had good experiences there. The food court can get quite hectic during busy times, but I think that's pretty standard at all the values.

I would keep your Pop reservation over switching to AOA. While I really liked AOA, the standard rooms were so far away from the main building. In the future we'll always choose Pop, and just visit AOA for the food court.
    1984 - Contemporary
    1989, 91, 92 - Caribbean Beach
    1992, 94, 95 - Dixie Landings
    2002 - Caribbean Beach
    2007, 08, 10 - Pop Century
    2012 - AOA
    2013 - Caribbean Beach
    2014 - Pop Century
    2015 - POR / Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k10 View Post
    And in regards to the King Cupcake - holy smokes, I'm going to have to get 2.
    Yes! They're so good. And sorry, I misspoke. I meant to say peanut butter, not chocolate, frosting.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Ive stayed at Pop a bunch of times, its my fav value. that being said...the food court was busy late night still after park closing esp w only 1 station open. and needed some cleaning. I liked AOA food court better, walked over to it and around AOA which i will stay at at some point.
    the area i like the best is the 50s, on the backside of the buildings w view of water, sometimes fireworks..and its not far from the main building
    BC 2
    WL CL 1
    AKL 4
    SOG 3
    POFQ 3
    POR 2
    CSR 4
    CBR 2
    Asp 3
    AS m 2
    POP 7
    12-13 WL CSR ASM
    3-14 POR, AS s Dolphin
    6-14 Us CSR
    1-14 Unv
    6-15 WL, SSR.
    11- 15. AOA, OKw
    7 16..CSR, FW, AKL, POR
    7 17..ASM, CSR, WL AKL club POP
    8 18 As sports, Pop
    DL 9-19
    DVC WL, CSR and idk 10-20

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to believe but as of today we are down to single digits before our trip - staying at Pop. I also wanted to mention that with our last visit at Pop be walked over and took a tour of the AofA resort and rooms. It was very interesting and fun to see. We were the only ones in that particular tour so we were able to really look at the rooms and ask some questions. They are not offering any great discount codes for AofA yet because it's so new, so for us we will stay at Pop in September as well hoping for a AP discount then. I love the feel of Pop. The music, colors, and icons there make me feel so happy and just gives me a warm feeling every time I step through the doors. We were there in May of last year, great time to visit (my favorite time of year). I hope you enjoy this resort as much as our family has.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the gift shop at POP. It is a nice size and the assortment worked for me.
    Note: the buses were busy, but adequate in number. We go during SPring break or Memorial weekend. They seem to try to handle the large capacity and mostly succeed.
    Boardwalk
    Animal Kingdom Jambo
    Coronado Springs
    POP
    POP
    POP
    POP
    Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

We have stayed at POP a few times. I have nothing negative to say about the resort. I do have to agree with Crow about AOA having a better food court. Last time we were there was last September, and we walked over to AOA to check it out and eat at their food court. They actually had real silverware! We are staying at AOA on our next trip in May.
    *A dream is a wish your heart makes*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVT View Post
    I like the gift shop at POP. It is a nice size and the assortment worked for me.
    Note: the buses were busy, but adequate in number. We go during SPring break or Memorial weekend. They seem to try to handle the large capacity and mostly succeed.
    The above was really help to note. I get very antsy waiting for buses (long wait ever for me was as POR in Jan '12). Knowing they handle large capacity well is good b/c we'll be there 5/28, just AFTER Memorial Day.

Thanks to all, btw. The feedback is making me and my sister very happy with our choice!
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

I can only add to the chorus of voices congratulating you on your choice. Having stayed at All-Star Sports many times, I tried Pop Century this past November and loved it! I will default to Pop Century going forward. We enjoyed the food court, and enjoyed walking across to Art of Animation to enjoy the differernt offerings in that food court. Loved the decor of Pop, and loved that (thanks to Intercot advice) I could ask for and got a room facing the lake, so it was away from the noise of the pool areas, was nice and quiet, had a great view, and we even watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our room on the first night there.
    EJ in Houston

3-16 -- Port Orleans Riverside
    11-12 -- Pop Century
    11-11 -- Animal Kingdom Lodge
    11-09 -- All-Star Sports
    11-07 -- All-Star Sports
    11-05 -- All-Star Sports
    09-95 -- Off Property
    3 prior visits as a child beginning in '72 -- Polynesian/Contemporary Resorts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ginny57 View Post
    Good advice. No matter which resort you decide on, you should walk over to the other to explore or to have a bite to eat. We stayed at Pop for 14 days last year, and it while we couldn't swim at the AoA pool, it was like having two resorts for the price of one. AoA was also just opening, so it was a lot quieter over there, and the cafeteria was superior in my opinion. They didn't have tie-dye cheesecake though.
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

.....as a POP Century devotee` I have only good things to say about the place. But.....that's why I keep going back. The have a great staff ...the grounds are well maintained and beautifully landscaped ...and the food court is filled with great choices. I visited AoA last year while we were at POP and my brother was at AoA ...and although AoA has many 'new' choices of food ...I found that their effort to make every dish "to order" took WAY too much time ...and the lines got out of control pretty quickly (and that was before the Little Mermaid buildings were even opened ...so it wasn't a full crowd load).

...we'll be back at POP this August 24th ....for our 10th stay there.
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

thanks again to all for the feedback. i am so thrilled to be staying here. definitely NOT changing my reservation.

i even went on Pinterest, of all places, to find some pictures of POP Century. what i found were extra cool photos of the grounds that i felt like i haven't found anywhere else online.

for example, there's a huge sony walkman??? my goodness, i can't wait till my May trip!

thanks again, all.
    Kristen

'98 - POR
    '07 - CSR
    '12 - POR
    '13 - POP
    '13 - CBR

'14 - POR
    '14 - Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDad View Post
    .....as a POP Century devotee` I have only good things to say about the place. But.....that's why I keep going back. The have a great staff ...the grounds are well maintained and beautifully landscaped ...and the food court is filled with great choices. I visited AoA last year while we were at POP and my brother was at AoA ...and although AoA has many 'new' choices of food ...I found that their effort to make every dish "to order" took WAY too much time ...and the lines got out of control pretty quickly (and that was before the Little Mermaid buildings were even opened ...so it wasn't a full crowd load).

...we'll be back at POP this August 24th ....for our 10th stay there.
    See you there Jersey!! There from August 16 through the 29th.
    POP 05, 06, 07, 09
    All Star Sports 08
    AKKV 10
    CBR 9/14 -25, 2011
    POR 9/9/2012 - 9/20/2012
    8/31/2013 thru 9/1/2013 All Star Sports
    9/2/2013 thru 9/13/2013 Caribbean Beach Preferred Room

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here at Pop right now!

In our hotel room at Pop in the 50's section. Arrived sunday and we were met by a young man who helped us load our luggage in a carrier and take to our room. (He was sent by God after our long early morning drive).

Room is clean and I love being by Hour Glass Lake and being able to look out across at A of A.
    It is quiet back here and that's what I want. I don't have to hear all of the play of the families at the pools. Reasonable walk to the checkin/food court/buses too.

Our room is clean, we have had great service with fresh towels, freshly made beds and nice (small) but adequate room for my self and my 18 yr old DD.
    Romans 11:33-36
    1983, 1989 - Off Site
    2003 - April ASMo
    2004 - June POR
    2005 - April POFQ
    2010 - May POP and Dec CSR
    2013 - March F&G POP
    Weekend Trip Summer 2013 - Off Site
    2015 - Sept- AKL/CBR
    DEC - BC/WL
    2017 - July - Disneyland & D23 Expo!

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at Pop our last 2 trips and really enjoyed it. We didn't stay in a Preferred building but requested the 70s building 6 and it was a easy walk to the main pool and food court. Food court is good too.

I like the fact that Pop doesn't share buses. We don't spend a lot of time in the room (2 adults, 2 teen/preteen children) and we find the room to be just fine. I like all of the icons around the property.
    CBR (Martinique Bldg 25): April 2006
    CBR (Jamaica Bldg 45): October 2007
    POR (Alligator Bayou 18): March/April 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2010
    POP: (70s, Building 6): September 2011
    POFQ: September 2013
    POFQ: September 2015

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: