Quantcast Hershey, PA

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Hershey, PA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hershey, PA

Its that time of year again...This is one of the trips we will be doing this summer...Since no Disney this year...

So looking to plan a trip to Hershey, PA with the family. It will not just be mine. It will also be my sister and niece. So total of 5 adults, 3 kids (age 1, 3 & 15).

So we will need 3 rooms at a decent, clean, reasonable hotel near, as close to Hersheypark as possible. Certainly looking to book now. And also a car rental. Hoping for some suggestions.

Deanna
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Other than the Hershey Hotels I don't know of any others in the area.

If you don't mind a little drive Lancaster is between 30 to 45 mins away. There are alot of small family run hotels in that area and the restaurants have home made food and baked goods. Outlets and family run craft stores are also there.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago we stayed at the Hampton Inn near Hershey, and it was fine.

The rooms were clean, the breakfast was fine, and the pool was in decent shape. The price was right (about $100), and included breakfast.

I just noticed that there is a homewood suites nearby too ... with a larger suite and a kitchen, it might be a good fit too.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Hershey is my hometown. There are plenty of hotels in the town. Some within walking distance of the park.
    I can't give any recommendations based on anything but location, but here are some closest ones:
    Days Inn, West Chocolate Avenue
    Simmons Motel, West Chocolate Avenue
    Rodeway Inn, Areba Ave
    Red Carpet Inn, Hockersville Rd
    Hampton Inn, Chocolate Ave
    Howard Johnson, Chocolate Ave
    Hershey Travel Inn, Chocolate Ave

Let me know if you need any more info

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    A few years ago we stayed at the Hampton Inn near Hershey, and it was fine.

The rooms were clean, the breakfast was fine, and the pool was in decent shape. The price was right (about $100), and included breakfast.

I just noticed that there is a homewood suites nearby too ... with a larger suite and a kitchen, it might be a good fit too.
    Thank you for that. I will look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by gerald72 View Post
    Hershey is my hometown. There are plenty of hotels in the town. Some within walking distance of the park.
    I can't give any recommendations based on anything but location, but here are some closest ones:
    Days Inn, West Chocolate Avenue
    Simmons Motel, West Chocolate Avenue
    Rodeway Inn, Areba Ave
    Red Carpet Inn, Hockersville Rd
    Hampton Inn, Chocolate Ave
    Howard Johnson, Chocolate Ave
    Hershey Travel Inn, Chocolate Ave

Let me know if you need any more info
    Ooohhh a Hershey expert....What do you think of the White Rose Motel. It has been recommended. Thanks for any info!
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    Thank you for that. I will look into that.

Ooohhh a Hershey expert....What do you think of the White Rose Motel. It has been recommended. Thanks for any info!
    Other than the fact I drive by it twice a day, I don't know a whole lot about the hotel.
    It's about a mile, a very short drive, from the park. It looks like a nice hotel.
    Sorry I'm not more specific.

Post Thanks / Like

Other than the fact I drive by it twice a day, I don't know a whole lot about the hotel.
    It's about a mile, a very short drive, from the park. It looks like a nice hotel.
    Sorry I'm not more specific.
    Thats ok. Do you by any chance know how much Giant Food Stores sell the admission ticket for? Thanks
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

Are the Hershey owned hotels off the table? I would recommend one of those if it's in the price range. They offer quite a few perks if you will be visiting the parks.

Expect all hotels in the area to cost a lot more than they would somewhere else. There is a serious upcharge for the hotels close to the park. We stayed at a Holiday Inn and paid $279/night last year! That is a lot for a HI!
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Giant sells the tickets $10-15 cheaper, with your bonus card. If you don't have a card, you can get one right before you get the tickets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    Are the Hershey owned hotels off the table? I would recommend one of those if it's in the price range. They offer quite a few perks if you will be visiting the parks.

Expect all hotels in the area to cost a lot more than they would somewhere else. There is a serious upcharge for the hotels close to the park. We stayed at a Holiday Inn and paid $279/night last year! That is a lot for a HI!
    I would have to say yes at this point. If it were me and my immediate family (my kids) I could swing it. But for my niece who has 2 children (and is single) she cannot. Also my sister and my niece (her daughter) don't want to pay the $300-400/night. Maybe next time if I just bring the kids on my own.

Giant sells the tickets $10-15 cheaper, with your bonus card. If you don't have a card, you can get one right before you get the tickets.
    Thank you for that!
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

If you buy the hersheypark tickets now on their website, they are $20 off.

Post Thanks / Like

If you buy the hersheypark tickets now on their website, they are $20 off.
    Are you talking about the Springtime vs Summertime tickets? Is there a difference between the Springtime tickets and Summertime tickets, aside from the prices? I mean are you allowed to use them at a certain time only. So could I buy the Springtime
    at that cheaper price and use them for when we go in June?
    Thanks
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

No.
    Springtime in the Park is $29.95

Summertime tickets are currently $36.95
    They will cost $20 more during the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

No.
    Springtime in the Park is $29.95

Summertime tickets are currently $36.95
    They will cost $20 more during the summer.
    Thanks for that! Now I have to get a final head count. Hope they are still on sale when I am ready to buy...
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

I know you said you wanted to stay near the park but if you're willing to go about 15-20 minutes outside Hershey, the savings are significant. We stayed at a Holiday Inn in Harrisburg East for less than half what the Hershey Holiday Inn charged. Free breakfast included. It was on a main road (Union Deposit Road) so eating options are plentiful and they had a decent size pool.

If Holiday Inn is not for you, there are other chain hotels in that area.
    98 - All-Star Sports
    03 - All-Star Music
    04 - Offsite
    07 - Pop Century
    09 - All-Star Movies
    10 - All-Star Movies
    11 - Offsite
    12 - All-Star Music

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that. Will definitely look into that area, since it seems the only thing to do in Hershey, PA is Hersheypark.
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvdiznee View Post
    Thanks for that. Will definitely look into that area, since it seems the only thing to do in Hershey, PA is Hersheypark.
    So not true! There is so much more to do in the area...Hershey Gardens, car museum, Hershey museum, Indian Echo Caverns! We love spending the weekend in Hershey, and 90% of the time don't even go to the park!
    May '06 - offsite
    Dec. '07 - Poly
    Feb. '09 - WL
    Oct. '09 - CBR
    May '10 - POFQ/AKL
    Oct. '10 - BWI
    Jan./Feb. '11 - All Star Music
    March '12 - Poly
    Dec. '12 - Pop Century
    April '13 - Disneyland!
    Nov '13 - 1st Disney Cruise!
    June '14 - All Star Sports

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn right outside HersheyPark in December, and enjoyed it. I like staying on property for the perks, but the cost is ridiculous and there are so many hotels nearby. Anyway, the HGI is right behind the shopping center, very, very close to Hershey.
    Christi

2014: May--POR & US/IOA; Nov--POR (1st rD--JJ5k!)
    2013: May--POR
    2012: Jun--POP; Aug--POP/Hard Rock
    2011: Aug/Sept--US/IOA; Nov--POFQ
    2010: Dec--CSR
    2009: Sept--Poly GVCL
    2008: Sept--POFQ
    2007: Jan/Feb--POR; Sept: POFQ
    2004: Oct--CSR
    1987: off-site

Post Thanks / Like

Also there are outlets.
    We will be camping at Hershey Highmeadow which have cabins that you can rent- plus they have a shuttle to the park along with getting into the park an hour early. Just an idea.

Post Thanks / Like

We went to Indian Echo Caverns a few years ago. It was amazing! Definitely worth it, as it is only a few minutes from Hershey. We live an hour away and went out that way just for the caverns. It was a great way to spend a few hours.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: