Quantcast Sanaa or Boma

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

View Poll Results: Sanaa or Boma?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanaa

18 58.06%
  • Boma

13 41.94%

Thread: Sanaa or Boma

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sanaa or Boma

Help me decide! Husband wants Boma because he is a fan of buffets and wants to be able to try different foods. I like the look of Sanaa and the animal views. If you had to pick one which would you choose and why?
    Lauren

AKL ('04)
    BLT ('11)
    CBR ('09, '15)
    CSR ('03, '11, '16)
    POFQ ('06, '14)
    POLY ('12 - Honeymoon)
    WL ('05, '08, '13)
    BWI ('15)
    Disney Cruise ('15)
    Disneyland Hotel ('08, '14)

Next Up: Beach Club- Oct 2016

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sanaa hands down. We do like Boma but for us the selection of food as well as the view from Sanaa won us over. Sanaa is more of an Indian flavour with curries, samosas and other south Asian type dishes.

While we do enjoy the food at Boma we tend to find Boma very busy, especially at the mac and cheese and chicken strip lines. I don't understand why one would pay for Boma to get food that you can get at any quick service location.

There are so many exotic dishes to try out as well as an excellent carvery at Boma.
    Brian (aka CanadianWDWFan)
    INTERCOT Staff:Theme Parks, The Water Cooler & Trip Reports
    DVC-BWV, Riviera
    Next Trip:DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I love them both. Boma, for the variety of delicious food, Sanaa for both the atmosphere and good food.

If he's into variety, he should know that there are a few samplers on the menu, both appetizer and entree, dishes where you can try more than one thing at once at Sanaa. This could be your best of both worlds option. For entrees, I love the "Slow-cooked in gravy" options in which you choose to try two of six possibilities with rice.

But really, you can't go wrong with either choice. There's not much by way of atmosphere at Boma, but so many good things to try. If you have been to Boma, I would go with the new and try Sanaa. If you haven't been to either, it's a really tough choice but I would probably start with Boma.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Love them both, but Sanaa is a better overall experience. And Boma is more expen$ive. I love the salad sampler at Sanaa and often order it as my entree. And I prefer the view at Sanaa. One note - if you don't get a window table, please don't go stand next to window tables where others are seated to check out the view! I've had strangers practically sit at my table in order to see out the window. Just go to the public viewing area after dinner if you want to see animals.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to Boma's twice. Found it crowded and rushed. We went to Sanna's once and found it less crazy. It's much smaller. I liked the food better at Sanaa's too.
    Moe
    1991 CBR, Honeymoon
    2004 POFQ
    2005 BC & Poly
    2006 Yacht Club
    2007 Yacht Club

2009 Boardwalk Inn
    2010 Boardwalk Inn
    2011 Boardwalk Inn

Post Thanks / Like

Two or our favorite places to dine - can't go wrong with either. If you decide to do Sanaa for the view of the animals, make sure you are sitting down to eat during the daylight hours - it's a much better experience! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

If he likes to try different things Sanaa could be a good choice but I went with Boma because he has the the whole buffet at his hands and he can pick and choose what he wants as opposed to having to make a decision on what to order.

We didn't have the best experience at Sanaa unfortunately and we were looking so forward to it so that also plays a factor for my choice. We have eaten at Boma and we did enjoy it.

While Sanaa has some good animal views, if you don't have a window seat (and we did) it doesn't have that "wow" factor. The animals are still a little ways away and there's a great overlook to go out to (actually a few) before or after your meal.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been to both and I give the edge to Sanaa. In fairness however part of the reason is I do prefer traditional dining to a buffet.

I think Sanaa has an excellent menu with quite a bit of variety. I enjoyed the bread sampler a great deal. The atmosphere is calmer and more relaxing. We did not have a Savannah view but it did not bother me.

Boma does have a very nice variety but I actually like more dishes on the Sanaa menu than Boma. I also find Boma to be louder and the wait tends to be longer.
    Cindy aka AgentC
    INTERCOT Staff: Accommodations, Dining, Movies, TV, Music & Musicals

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Sanaa! Although we enjoy Boma the views and the food at Sanaa is amazing. The bread sampler and the braised short ribs are a favorite of both myself and DH. Save room for the chai cream dessert!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

Boma is far better IMHO. Boma has unique dishes. The "African inspired" theme isn't done anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PlutoPlanet View Post
    Boma is far better IMHO. Boma has unique dishes. The "African inspired" theme isn't done anywhere else.
    Well, it actually is at Sanaa, too. African/Indian. And at Tusker House.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Both are great but depends on what you want out of your dinning experience. I tend to like Boma more for the variety so I can try new things. At Boma if I don't like something I just go back up and try something else. I normally go up and just get a very small amount of everything to sample then go back up to get the things I really enjoy.
    Either way i'm sure you will enjoy your meal.
    Have a great trip.
    82 84 85 Apr00 MGV, Jan03 LTV, Sep03 ASMu, Mar04 SVR, Sept04 Pop, Sep05 SSR, Dec06 SSR, Oct07 WLV, Oct09 THV, Oct10 AKL, Oct11 AKL, Oct12 THV, Feb13 CBR, Sept13 BLT/BWV, Apr14 BLT/VB , Jun14 BCV, July14 AKL, Jan15 SSR/DCL, June15 BCV/OKW/VB, Nov15 DCL/Poly, Apr16 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Sanaa looks great, but Boma is one of our favorite WDW restaurants. The kids really loved it, and that makes me happy. I can't get enough Zebra Domes!
    Viva Darth Macho!
    APR '98: Wilderness Lodge, 9 days, Honeymoon
    OCT '99: Coronado Springs, 8 days, Halloween
    AUG '03: All Star Music, 8 days, Summer Fun
    AUG '10: Port Orleans Riverside, 10 days, Summer Celebration!
    AUG '12: Pop Century, 14 days, My Dream Trip!
    AUG '17: Hoping!

Post Thanks / Like

We have said for 3 trips now that we are going to try Boma, and haven't been able to squeeze it in yet. However, my 4-year-old requested Sanaa for his birthday meal in September. We made a very early ADR and were able to sit at a window.

My husband has travelled to India a few times and he said that a few of the dishes made him feel like he'd returned. He has never said that about a restaurant at home.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

We love Boma. The soups are amazing! And you gotta love the zebra domes!
    Haunted Mansion Girl
    1990 & 1992 Off Site
    2002 & 2003 Fort Wilderness
    2004 Disney Wonder & Fort Wilderness
    2005, 2008, 2011 & 2013 Riverside
    2006 & 2008 Pop
    2009 Disneyland
    2011, 2013 & 2014 Coronado Springs
    2012 CB Pirate Room
    2015 POR
    2016 June & Oct Off Site
    2017 Sept Coronado!

Post Thanks / Like

I love them both, but I LOVE the atmosphere at Sanaa. Its pretty magical, compared to the relative chaos at Boma. But you can't go wrong with either.
    1980-2001 CR;CBR 2001 AKL 2002 AKL 2003 AKL 2004 AKL; CB; AKL 2007 WL 2008 AKL 9/09 AKL Jambo 12/10 AKL Kidani 9/11 AKL Kidani 9/12 AKL 12/12 AKL 5/13 AKL 12/13 SS 9/14 BLT 12/14 SS 2/15 Aulani DVC 7/15 CBR 10/15 Yacht Club 12/16 DS 7/17 Aulani 01/19 POR 08/19 Yacht Club

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: